Shea Weber joins Canadiens Ring of Honour

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
On November 16th Canadiens will Honour Shea Weber before a game against the Blue Jackets. A few days after he joins Hall of Fame.

Shea had the heart of a lion and led his troops to the SCF. By calling a meeting in Toronto before Game 5. Which led to Habs biggest playoff comeback against arch rival. So badly injured that he never played another game in NHL.

I expect Carry Price to join him in near future. Both deserve first ballot into the Shrine and a place in the Ring of Honour.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Isn't Koivu in it? I could have sworn I've seen him.

Koivu basically got the jersey retirement treatment without have having his jersey retired.

You are probably thinking of a long pre game ceremony where he was at center ice with his family and got a lengthy video montage, along with a speech infront of the crowd.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Claude Provost be ahead of Koivu. Provost won 9 Cups not in hall of fame. In fact he is player with most cup wins not in the hall.

No disrespect to Provost intended, Provost was always a great complementary players to the HoF players and did well taking the lead when they missed time, but I don't think he's HoF level.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
He wasn't popular over here, but he's one of my favorites in the last 3 decades. An outstanding pro, incredibly consistent, high IQ and a great example as far as what an efficient game looks like. Would take someone like him back on the team any day.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
I'll never get what people saw in Weber. he had like one good stretch of three months in his 5 year stint here (the Cup run)

A guy you could build a team around, great leader, not his fault the team brought him in on his way down. 25yr old Webs was like a 70's Dman

Don't think we get to the finals without him , that's a given

My reaction was... They couldn't wait until the Predators play the Habs in Montreal?
very true

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He wasn't popular over here, but he's one of my favorites in the last 3 decades. An outstanding pro, incredibly consistent, high IQ and a great example as far as what an efficient game looks like. Would take someone like him back on the team any day.
absolutely. It's criminal the lack of respect he gets.

He went out like an absolute warrior with us. Was pretty damn broken for most of his tenure with us and still gave us huge numbers and elite lockdown D. He wasn't perfect but he was still extremely impressive and I'm so glad Suzuki had a couple of years to see what it was like to play for one of the most respected captains in the league.

He made guys like Mete and Emelin and almost Beaulieu look like top pairing guys. I doubt PK or Markov could do what Weber did with Mete. He had me fooled.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
No disrespect to Provost intended, Provost was always a great complementary players to the HoF players and did well taking the lead when they missed time, but I don't think he's HoF level.
Provost was great against Bobby Hull and gets a lot of credit for shutting him down. What really works against him getting into the HoF is that the Selke trophy did not exist back then. If it did, he’d have won it multiple times and likely gotten in. But without those trophies it’s a lot harder.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I'll never get what people saw in Weber. he had like one good stretch of three months in his 5 year stint here (the Cup run)

If his career was a carbon copy of his time with the Habs then he wouldn't be in the Hall. His prime was in Nashville and he was absolutely great back then.

But yeah, the mythos about Weber is off the chart, he became the hockey equivalent of Chuck Norris.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad