Confirmed with Link: Brian Daccord, Special Asst. to Bill Armstrong resigns.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
On the natty hatty, Craig suggested that location became an issue for Daccord. His business and the rest of his life is on the other side of the continent. Too much of a burden. No crazy conspiracies.
They seemed to suspect no funny business, but were still surprised/worried about the fact that a rookie GM is going it alone. That our front-office, executive staff is a fraction of the size of a typical or acceptable NHL front-office. They re-affirmed that they have no inside knowledge whatsoever of the thing.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
So what's Army's top priority right now? I'd think AGM. We've only interviewed one coach and that's a little curious.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
So what's Army's top priority right now? I'd think AGM. We've only interviewed one coach and that's a little curious.
I think Doan's responsibilities has become a bit larger. Not saying he should be AGM, but he is someone that can help out a lot. I believe there are a couple of coaches that are still in the playoffs that BA wants to interview. Haste makes waste. BA has to hit a home run with this hire, maybe both these hires.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Right now I think everyone is waiting for Carolina and Brind'Amour.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Sad to have missed the boat on Karmanos. Too bad the Daccord thing didn't happen a few weeks sooner. Are Treliving and Maloney totally solid now? Or is there still a chance they get axed? I'm sure Treliving will get a job somewhere, but Maloney would be a good old-dog advisor AGM for the young rookie BA.

How about Rob DiMaio? We was a pro scout for the STL Blues for four years, then Dir. of Pro Scouting for three years, and has been Dir. of Player Personnel for 6 years now with the Blues. Surely an Associate GM position is seen as a big enough promotion that STL would have to allow him to interview and leave, right? What Bill Armstrong was to Dough Armstrong on the Amateur side of things, DiMaio is becoming on the pro-side.

Maybe Scott Nichol out of Nashville?

Reactions: RemoAZ

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Sad to have missed the boat on Karmanos. Too bad the Daccord thing didn't happen a few weeks sooner. Are Treliving and Maloney totally solid now? Or is there still a chance they get axed? I'm sure Treliving will get a job somewhere, but Maloney would be a good old-dog advisor AGM for the young rookie BA.

How about Rob DiMaio? We was a pro scout for the STL Blues for four years, then Dir. of Pro Scouting for three years, and has been Dir. of Player Personnel for 6 years now with the Blues. Surely an Associate GM position is seen as a big enough promotion that STL would have to allow him to interview and leave, right? What Bill Armstrong was to Dough Armstrong on the Amateur side of things, DiMaio is becoming on the pro-side.

Maybe Scott Nichol out of Nashville?
I really liked Maloney. I like the "good old-dog advisor" analogy. He was so genuine in interviews and seems like a really good guy. Plus, the face-palm gif would become current again! Just have to have someone edit Armstrong sitting next to him.

Jagged Ice

Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I really liked Maloney. I like the "good old-dog advisor" analogy. He was so genuine in interviews and seems like a really good guy. Plus, the face-palm gif would become current again! Just have to have someone edit Armstrong sitting next to him.
Maloney used to have lunch at Blue 32 (now closed) in Scottsdale when he was GM. I sat at the bar a few times next to him and pretended I didn't know who he was but a couple of times struck up a conversation with him about a game that would be on. I think he liked it that I was an NHL fan and we could talk about different players across the league and still remain anonymous. At least he thought I didn't know who he was. Great guy.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Maloney used to have lunch at Blue 32 (now closed) in Scottsdale when he was GM. I sat at the bar a few times next to him and pretended I didn't know who he was but a couple of times struck up a conversation with him about a game that would be on. I think he liked it that I was an NHL fan and we could talk about different players across the league and still remain anonymous. At least he thought I didn't know who he was. Great guy.
I met him at the north rim of the grand canyon a few years ago, we both happened to hike rim to rim that day. We chatted a bit about hockey, nice guy, pretty open to chat too. I always liked him.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
On the natty hatty, Craig suggested that location became an issue for Daccord. His business and the rest of his life is on the other side of the continent. Too much of a burden. No crazy conspiracies.

Fair enough. This was where I was going with the "robot thinking," you can ask someone if they think it will be an issue to be on one side of the country during the interview process. If they have family and business to attend to in the opposite direction, and maybe that, in and of itself, slides him lower on the final list.

I had to do some deep thinking when I was flown out to Hawaii for a job interview and offered a position. My list of positives and negatives had the exact same #1: you are living on an island.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad