Confirmed with Link: Brian Daccord, Special Asst. to Bill Armstrong resigns.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Two things comes to mind off hand.

Daccord's son plays for Ottawa now He also has a goaltending clinic business in Canada. Arizona is a long way from that.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I wasn't at all impressed with how they handled the goalie carousel this year. Prosvetov, Hill, and Tendeck spent a significant amount of time doing nothing. Tucson suffered heavily.

But this guy was supposed to help build out the organization and I'm guessing he and BA kept running up against Meruelo/his lackeys. Given that Daccord has other options, he doesn't have to waste his time on those games.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I’m thinking he doesn’t like reporting to BA.

He was brought in specifically by BA and has known BA a long time. The whole point was for him to help build out the organization, the goalie stuff was just a more normal ongoing gig. If he and BA aren't being allowed to make the hires they want, there's really no reason for Daccord to stay. He was lured on the promise of being able to be a FO guy, not just a goalie consultant.

The way the Meruelo crew acted in the Strang article would absolutely have someone like him just going back to what he was doing before.

Reactions: PuckLife

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
He was brought in specifically by BA and has known BA a long time. The whole point was for him to help build out the organization, the goalie stuff was just a more normal ongoing gig. If he and BA aren't being allowed to make the hires they want, there's really no reason for Daccord to stay. He was lured on the promise of being able to be a FO guy, not just a goalie consultant.

The way the Meruelo crew acted in the Strang article would absolutely have someone like him just going back to what he was doing before.
It sounds like he has personal issues back in Toronto to deal with. Strictly personal he said. Focus on family. Sometimes people have to go home. :dunno:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
It sounds like he has personal issues back in Toronto to deal with. Strictly personal he said. Focus on family. Sometimes people have to go home. :dunno:

I don't see a scenario where he'd say otherwise regardless of what is actually going on. There's no upside for anyone.

Reactions: PuckLife

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Everything that happens to the Coyotes you put a negative spin on it without knowing ANY of the facts. You have NO idea what happened so don't try to post like you do. ALL of us have no idea what goes on behind those closed doors, and all we have to go on is what Daccord's reasons where. Daccord said it was personal, so move on.

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
The whole “department of goaltending” sounded like a bureaucratic mess. One guy ala Sean Burke running the whole thing is fine.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
When Florida did it earlier this year it was a “revolutionary approach”. Except AZ had already done it.

if you don’t have goaltending you are a bottom level team. Most important position in hockey. Look how our season was over 9 games in when we had to rely on Domingue.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The whole “department of goaltending” sounded like a bureaucratic mess. One guy ala Sean Burke running the whole thing is fine.

Schwab's contract is up for renewal isn't it? Will be interesting to see if he stays. Chayka holdovers aren't batting very well right now.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
To put a more positive spin on this from the team's perspective, perhaps the new AGM position(s) will encroach over duties he was covering as his main expertise is in goaltending and its development. It could be that he was going to lose some of those duties and it made sticking around less desirable than his other options, but now we are gaining a more experienced person or persons who can fulfill all the other duties. I'm sure the goaltending department will remain a thing.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I think most of us are tired about talking about front office developments instead of roster improvements. The only story written about the Coyotes by the Athletic in 2021 was the hit piece on our owner. The only one. I’m tired of worrying about whether we have a management to believe in. I just want to win.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
When Florida did it earlier this year it was a “revolutionary approach”. Except AZ had already done it.

if you don’t have goaltending you are a bottom level team. Most important position in hockey. Look how our season was over 9 games in when we had to rely on Domingue.
I agree. All I hear is Hill had better numbers than Kuemper. Well, if we are honest, Kuemper had terrible numbers this year. If Kuemper had the same numbers as a year earlier there would be no "protect Hill and expose Kuemper", or trade Kuemper for a 2nd. etc. We had crappy goal tending this year and one of the main reasons we missed the playoffs. Hill was 31st., Kuemper 43rd. ins SV% last year. You don't win many games with that kind of goal tending, especially when your team can't score.

Reactions: Edenjung

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
To put a more positive spin on this from the team's perspective, perhaps the new AGM position(s) will encroach over duties he was covering as his main expertise is in goaltending and its development. It could be that he was going to lose some of those duties and it made sticking around less desirable than his other options, but now we are gaining a more experienced person or persons who can fulfill all the other duties. I'm sure the goaltending department will remain a thing.
He quit, shit happens. BA and Daccord have know each other for years and I would think respect each other. Daccord said in his own words it was personal. Case closed.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

"The way the Meruelo crew acted in the Strang article" is approximately equivalent to "You're really in trouble facing a dementor if you don't have your Patronus spell ready to go" in terms of representative reality. I don't know what Daccord's story is or whether to take his statements at face value or not, but using the Strang article as any sort of basis for speculation is just not in my wheelhouse.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think most of us are tired about talking about front office developments instead of roster improvements. The only story written about the Coyotes by the Athletic in 2021 was the hit piece on our owner. The only one. I’m tired of worrying about whether we have a management to believe in. I just want to win.
Winning is ALL that matters. I don't care who we hire as coach, or who we trade, or who we sign, etc. I like you, want to "just win".

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
He quit, shit happens. BA and Daccord have know each other for years and I would think respect each other. Daccord said in his own words it was personal. Case closed.

I don't believe it is so much that the person quit, but that the timing is extremely sudden. I can only speak for myself in jobs and job searches, but when I have found myself getting hired, I believe that I am going to that company or organization for a minimum of 2-3 years. I would also expect that whomever hires the person also has an expectation that the hire will be around for that time, even in what is possibly the most fickle of jobs: sports and sports management.

To me, why would someone accept a job, knowing that within a year's timeframe, the person would be ending their time in that position? Especially when being in a location away from family/personal stuff is well known?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad