Value of: Brendan Dillon and Tommy Wingels

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
What's their value?

Dillon is still a good defender that could be a good 4/5. He also shoots left. With the signing of Schlemko and the emergence of Demelo, he has kind of lost his spot.

Wingels just doesn't seem to fit PDB's system. With the signing of Boedker and the emergence of Donskoi, Meier, Sorenson, etc., he has lost his spot.

They're both sort of cap causalities. We would mainly be looking for picks/prospects. Would any team be interested?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
What's their value?

Dillon is still a good defender that could be a good 4/5. He also shoots left. With the signing of Schlemko and the emergence of Demelo, he has kind of lost his spot.

Wingels just doesn't seem to fit PDB's system. With the signing of Boedker and the emergence of Donskoi, Meier, Sorenson, etc., he has lost his spot.

They're both sort of cap causalities. We would mainly be looking for picks/prospects. Would any team be interested?

Does Wingels play centre or wing? I think I recall seeing him on the wing, but if he can play centre then the Oilers should be interested. Certainly a better option at 3C than Letestu or Lander.

What kind of prospects would the Sharks be looking for?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Does Wingels play centre or wing? I think I recall seeing him on the wing, but if he can play centre then the Oilers should be interested. Certainly a better option at 3C than Letestu or Lander.

He's a natural C but has never played it in the NHL. We are looking for defensive prospects probably. I mean we need depth in every area.

Wingels vs Flynn and a 3rd
No room for Flynn.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Wingels seems to be listed everywhere as a centre but I recall him being listed as a winger in places (Yahoo leagues?) as well.

Canucks could use Wingels. Probably for a 2nd or a couple of B prospects?

Edit: I just saw Wingels was UFA at the end of the year - maybe turn that 2nd into a 3rd...

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Wingels seems to be listed everywhere as a centre but I recall him being listed as a winger in places (Yahoo leagues?) as well.

I think the Sharks would accept either. Would probably rather a 2nd. Especially from VAN who could finish anywhere in the standings.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

Almost every Sharks forward is a natural C. It's crazy. Wingels is one of them, but has predominantly played RW.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I wish we could somehow grab Orlov from the Caps for some combo of the two plus.

Do they even have the cap space? Also I mean obviously I would accept it depending on the plus but I would prefer a RHD. Barrie would have been my ideal D. Pair him with Vlasic move Braun down with Schlemko and we have almost undoubtedly a top 2-3 defense in the league and if our rookie forwards impress like us fans all hope, we have a top 5 or so forward corps and a bunch of depth.

OldAsianSharksFan

More 1OV picks please
Jul 20, 2009
San Jose
Do they even have the cap space? Also I mean obviously I would accept it depending on the plus but I would prefer a RHD. Barrie would have been my ideal D. Pair him with Vlasic move Braun down with Schlemko and we have almost undoubtedly a top 2-3 defense in the league and if our rookie forwards impress like us fans all hope, we have a top 5 or so forward corps and a bunch of depth.

We won't get Orlov or Barrie unless we add a lot to both of them. Also I prefer picks or backup goalie for either one, and use that cap space at the deadline.

Call be weird but I think a Wingels-Yakupov trade could work for both sides.

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016

Edit: I just saw Wingels was UFA at the end of the year - maybe turn that 2nd into a 3rd...

Wingels is not a good fit for the Canucks. He is a complimentary player that a competing team adds. Not a piece that a rebuilding team needs, especially when we aren't really in need of wingers with the Eriksson signing and all of our young players filling out those positions.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't agree with the premise that either have lost their spots or would be cap casualties. They have the space to accommodate their deals and likely will need to use them as they will have injuries and will probably want to rest guys now and then. With Heed and DeMelo not being waiver exempt, I can see a trade happening there or them running 8 d-men but I doubt both or even one of them beats out Dillon and both would need to justify moving him out. And honestly, with their situation they probably only move him out if it makes them a better team now. Same for Wingels and picks/prospects being returned don't really do that. To add to that, Dillon probably stays through the expansion draft process just to keep their options open in case Vegas picks Schlemko or Martin or Dillon or DeMelo or Mueller.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Devils should be very interested in both, although I would expect it to be an early or midseason trade rather than the offseason.

Wingels could definitely give us a nice top nine forward who could move up and down the line-up if Bennett and DSP don't pan out. Could also be the 3C behind Henrique-Zajac if the kids don't seize that road.

Our LD side is very weak after a 34 year old Greene. We have just Merrill and Moore followed by more of the tweener types with some upside in Auvitu, Helgeson, and Gormley.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Dillon has not "lost his spot". He's expendable, but there is no reason to think he doesn't have a place on this team.

Wingels truly is expendable. I'll take a 2nd round pick from whoever offers it.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Dillon has not "lost his spot". He's expendable, but there is no reason to think he doesn't have a place on this team.

Wingels truly is expendable. I'll take a 2nd round pick from whoever offers it.

Sabres, done. We have two in the 2017 draft and he'd help bottom 6 depth in a positive manner. At least imo.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Trading Dillon makes little sense for SJ. Nobody on their roster who would replace him would be better. That means you are getting worse this year when you are a contender.

Contending teams don't get worse on the blueline if they actually want to contend.

OTOH they have plenty of F depth to replace Wingels with. But most of it is unproven so they may want to wait a bit before dealing him.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
How does Kinkaid (backup G) and a 3rd for that pkg sound? Just going on what was mentioned earlier in the thread for need and value

I don't much about Dillon

Blackwood (G) is coming up to the AHL team and either Wedgewood (who I think beats out Kinkaid for Schneiders backup) or Kinkaid will probably get moved or at least exposed to LV.

Kinkaid may have been the backup when Deboer was here, not sure if they overlappped.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
How does Kinkaid (backup G) and a 3rd for that pkg sound? Just going on what was mentioned earlier in the thread for need and value

Blackwood (G) is coming up to the AHL team and either Wedgewood (who I think beats out Kinkaid for Schneiders backup) or Kinkaid will probably get moved or at least exposed to LV.

Kinkaid may have been the backup when Deboer was here, not sure if they overlappped.

If Aaron Dell doesn't seem to be backup quality, they would take this.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

For one maybe, but not for both.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

I'm doubtful if Shero would be willing to trade Kinkaid given how young and inexperienced the rest of our pro goaltenders are.

Depending on how training camp unfolds, this could be a very interesting trade for both sides early in the season. Definitely fits for either Dillon or Wingels.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I wouldn't trade Dillon, as one of he, Martin, and Schlemko are likely to be poached in next year's expansion draft

Wingels on the other hand is a UFA next summer and I don't see him coming back, so I wouldn't be shocked to see him sent to an eastern contender for a 3rd rounder or something similar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad