BREAKING NEWS, REFS SUCK! oil lose 2-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Another one for the mains on that offside - at least there is a pattern developing.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
There are so many highlight videos made for the Oilers, can one person please put together a ****** calls against the Oilers video and string them all together to demonstrate how horrible it's gotten? That's a worthwhile video that might get noticed.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Pretty standard.

The lines are usually much better, but they must be watching the refs and it's rubbing off on them too.

The linseman was just in a brutal spot since for some reason he backed up to almost center ice. If he was where he should be he wouldn't have had any issue making the right call.

He probably didn't even see the puck and thought it came out.

Classic NHL these days.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I wish someone out there was both crazy enough and laid off enough to make a highlight reel of the Oilers being screwed by refs this year.

Would love to see this. At first its just one of those things you get over, the last month has been ******** though.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
you could make a dossier of all the bum calls against us this year and make a case that it can't be a coincidence.

If you made an extensive review of all ref calls involving the Oilers, both for and against us, I'm sure it would come out stilted hard against us.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If McLellan doesn't address the officiating he lacks balls IMO. Enough is enough. McDavid was ready to choke a ***** after that call.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Do the refs **** everything up like that often in Oiler games?

The last 5 minutes of that game was so full of ****ups by the refs it's hard not to think it was on purpose

Yes. i can think of two calls every game that are just mind-numbing. then i can also think of two mind-numbing non-calls with a ref looking at the play...and yet the same call goes the other teams way.

Canadian fans should just not support the NHL merch cycle. Asia can give you the same merch and not give a cent to the NHL. There are ways to get everything and eliminate the money getting to this clown league. The tickets are the only thing you cant get rip versions of.

F'em

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Mclellan needs to go full ham on the refs in the post game presser. Enough is enough already. You would think the league would try to keep the Oilers as far away from Matthews as possible.

I don't usually complain about refs but this is blatantly obvious fixing going on here. Those calls never go in favor of the Oilers.
Mclellan should file an appeal or some kind of grievance against the league. This is absurd already.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown

The last 5 minutes of that game was so full of ****ups by the refs it's hard not to think it was on purpose

You might think we're a fanbase that complains just like every other fan base about the refs, but seriously, watch the last few games here and tell us any different.

Tin foil hats are appropriate at this point.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011

Yes

And then everyone will complain when the Oilers get another top pick even though OILER NATION WANTS TO ****ING WIN

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

Very common occurrence. At first I would call us out for *****ing saying we need to get tougher. But it happens with such regularity now it's hard to ignore.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
There are so many highlight videos made for the Oilers, can one person please put together a ****** calls against the Oilers video and string them all together to demonstrate how horrible it's gotten? That's a worthwhile video that might get noticed.

yeah I could see a vid called "Refs vs Oilers 2015-16" or something. It could have yakkity sacks playing in the background.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Yup and then get it to the MSM and hopefully someone has the guts to point out how much we've been boned by the officiating.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
Well, that's it. NHL doesn't get a dime of mine until this changes. Gonna go illegal streams instead of gamecenter next year.

I say we team up, assign 30-40 HFOil members a game or two each, and make it our job to go back over the season recording clips of these unbelievable calls. Put the compilation on Youtube. Share the hell out of it.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012

Sometimes they just cut to the chase and injure the players instead

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
We don't even ****ing advocate for tanking we go out and try to win and the guys here all cheer for our team to win.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
If McLellan doesn't address the officiating he lacks balls IMO. Enough is enough. McDavid was ready to choke a ***** after that call.

Mclellan needs to go full ham on the refs in the post game presser. Enough is enough already. You would think the league would try to keep the Oilers as far away from Matthews as possible.

I don't usually complain about refs but this is blatantly obvious fixing going on here. Those calls never go in favor of the Oilers.

And lose 10k for something that won't make a difference? If he were, and he is, a smart man, he won't say anything out of line.

Because that's how the system forces him and others like him in this league to act.

The only way we see a difference is if we see a call like that get a monetary fine and it's done openly for the league and fans alike to know about. Take the unchallenged power away from these morons and create some accountability, because right now, there's zero.

ZERO.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton

Mclellan should file an appeal or some kind of grievance against the league. This is absurd already.

Common sense says it's just incompetency, not a fix. Either way, it sucks as a fan.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
You might think we're a fanbase that complains just like every other fan base about the refs, but seriously, watch the last few games here and tell us any different.

Tin foil hats are appropriate at this point.

need a good compilation video for the entire year to get the gist of this.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009

McDavids reaction...
we totally had them going the wrong way and countered. that is what hurt most and McDavid knew it. the damage was done. even if the ref admits hes an idiot...the damage was done. you dont get that chance back.

id say unbelievable but this has been all season.

ALL SEASON

they dont like Canadian teams? fine...say bye to Canadian revenues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad