Prospect Info: Brayden Yager

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Roughneck1

Aug 9, 2014
Yeah I was always a Bryan Little fan and always had trouble with the attacks he got from the Laine centric posters. But a young Bryan Little would serve our organization very well as a # 2 center.
Yep. And the stats show he always won his matchups. Even as 1st line centre. He was criminally underrated. Laine wasn’t good enough to play with him. Not the other way around. Of course that’s just my opinion.

Last edited:

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Yeah I'd imagine that would have been what the Pens asked him to focus on and likely the Jets will aks the same. His game is really tailored around the cycle so being able to continue to do that at the NHL level where working down low gets harder will be crucial to him being a better player.

A Scheif replacement is going to be crucial to keeping this ride going. I fear we are unlikely to get that out of Lambert, Yager, Lucius or Perfetti. They all seem like they are more 1W/2C types of players. We are going to need a bigger element at 1C. Someone with some combination of size/ shooting/two-way ability/high end playmaking. We are going to need a big gamebreaker if we have any hopes of winning a Cup with the next core.

The unfortunate part about that is that is usually done at the top of the draft. We gonna have to be bad for a season or two, at the right time, for that to likely pan out.
Scheif hasn't been a gamebreaker for 6 years...

Reactions: Bigfish and Cypruss

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Scheif hasn't been a gamebreaker for 6 years...
I think there are quite a few teams in the West who'd like to have Mark Scheifele as a #1 C. In the West besides the dynamic duo in Edmonton, MacKinnon, and JT Miller, who can you say is clearly better than him? Eichel?

I just know what the Jets playoff record is without him. One win. If people are targeting you with dirty plays usually means you are an impact player.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
And therein lies another issue. He's still the best 1C option we have though.
And by a large margin. That is why I’m so hopeful with Lambert and now Yager. We already see how much our offense dries up when Scheifele is out of the lineup. People will see how bad it gets if we can’t find a replacement within the next 4-5 years as he ages.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think there are quite a few teams in the West who'd like to have Mark Scheifele as a #1 C. In the West besides the dynamic duo in Edmonton, MacKinnon, and JT Miller, who can you say is clearly better than him? Eichel?

I just know what the Jets playoff record is without him. One win. If people are targeting you with dirty plays usually means you are an impact player.

In the west the list is likely McDavid, Drai, MacK, Eichel, You could probably make a case for Miller and Pettersson. Bedard will likely surpass him before long but hasn't yet. ROR and Kopitar it's close. He's easily top 10 in the West.

And by a large margin. That is why I’m so hopeful with Lambert and now Yager. We already see how much our offense dries up when Scheifele is out of the lineup. People will see how bad it gets if we can’t find a replacement within the next 4-5 years as he ages.

Having one of our young guys get to 1C level would be really nice. I just don't see 1C upside in any of these guys. We are going to need to bottom out at some point. It's the only way to ensure we get one.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
In the west the list is likely McDavid, Drai, MacK, Eichel, You could probably make a case for Miller and Pettersson. Bedard will likely surpass him before long but hasn't yet. ROR and Kopitar it's close. He's easily top 10 in the West.

Having one of our young guys get to 1C level would be really nice. I just don't see 1C upside in any of these guys. We are going to need to bottom out at some point. It's the only way to ensure we get one.

There is no way to ensure you get a top 10 center in the NHL. You are more likely to get a Yakupov or kotkaniemi than a McDavid or Mackinnon with a top 5 pick.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

I think the alternative is to get contributions 1-4. Having scoring throughout the lineup.

If you are the Jets organization you have Scheif locked down, the Oilers could lose both their top centers in the next 2 years, Kopitar is going to HHOF, but you are going to see a Bergeron decline in him...Good chance Bedard and Beniers rise up the ranks. Wyatt Johnston and Robert Thomas might climb up a notch too.

Lambert seems like the future 2C. And they will give him time to develop more this season if he needs to.

Jets have an important decision to make with Lowry, and that likely comes at the end of the season and depends on how it plays out.

Lucius is being developed as a centre. A full development year might give the Jets organization some idea about what they have. Another injury riddled year and I think there is some pressure to develop Yager into a center 2025, to have some depth at the position.

You'd think a guy like Julien is probably 2-3 years from NHL ready. Might only be a 3rd/4th line ceiling.

Guys like Gustafsson and Kupari make their living as special teams contributors.

The futures of Ehlers and Connor and how the Jets invest in their core while developing their prospective wingers will also have some influence on Yager's future you would think.

I don't think there is any direction organizationally to bottom out, but an off year, injury filled, can happen to any team.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I think the alternative is to get contributions 1-4. Having scoring throughout the lineup.

If you are the Jets organization you have Scheif locked down, the Oilers could lose both their top centers in the next 2 years, Kopitar is going to HHOF, but you are going to see a Bergeron decline in him...Good chance Bedard and Beniers rise up the ranks. Wyatt Johnston and Robert Thomas might climb up a notch too.

Lambert seems like the future 2C. And they will give him time to develop more this season if he needs to.

Jets have an important decision to make with Lowry, and that likely comes at the end of the season and depends on how it plays out.

Lucius is being developed as a centre. A full development year might give the Jets organization some idea about what they have. Another injury riddled year and I think there is some pressure to develop Yager into a center 2025, to have some depth at the position.

You'd think a guy like Julien is probably 2-3 years from NHL ready. Might only be a 3rd/4th line ceiling.

Guys like Gustafsson and Kupari make their living as special teams contributors.

The futures of Ehlers and Connor and how the Jets invest in their core while developing their prospective wingers will also have some influence on Yager's future you would think.

I don't think there is any direction organizationally to bottom out, but an off year, injury filled, can happen to any team.
We don't even need to be completely filled with injuries to bottom out.

It would happen if Helle went down with something long term

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
the problem with this trade is the jets lose out in size up front....2 inches and 30 lbs difference going to Pitts...size is gonna help in the playoffs specially with skilled players like McG...Pitts won this trade...80%(McG) chance vs 50% chance of becoming a regular in the nhl
Leading PIM guy in NCAA had 79 vs Rutger's 6

Rutger wasn't even in the top 1000

Will Smith had 14, Cutter Gauthier had 18 and Cellibrini also had 18 (to counter your "good player" theory)... and Gabe Perrault had 29

It's not like they're having a tea party out there

He plays physical, but without a lot of grit. Nothing wrong with that per se, but he's not a prototypical power forward a la Tkachuk/Lowry
If you watched the wjc he wasn't physical at all except for a blind hit. Not overly skilled and not overly physical. Should be a middle 6 player when he is a full time nhler.

Reactions: Buffdog

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
one analyst's opinion. i also think all these prospect guys concentrate more on upcoming draft rather than every prospect from years passed.
It's frankly completely impossible to follow every relevant prospect in depth past a single draft class at a time. Pronman would be scouting maybe 60-90 prospects in depth for this draft class. There is no way he has paid close attention to freaking Salomonsson, the #55 pick in the 2022 draft who plays in the SHL, for the past two years.

That's not my ragging on Pronman. It's just the reality that draft analyst have more than a full time job just paying attention to the upcoming draft class.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
It's frankly completely impossible to follow every relevant prospect in depth past a single draft class at a time. Pronman would be scouting maybe 60-90 prospects in depth for this draft class. There is no way he has paid close attention to freaking Salomonsson, the #55 pick in the 2022 draft who plays in the SHL, for the past two years.

That's not my ragging on Pronman. It's just the reality that draft analyst have more than a full time job just paying attention to the upcoming draft class.
agreed, and same could be said for wheeler, button or name-your-favorite-analyst.

which is why i find it ridiculous how posters on here can have such strong & supposedly qualified opinions, while balancing watching all the prospects & their respective leagues, the NHL, etc.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
There is a big difference between feeling Salmonsson has a chance to play, as Pronman feels, to feeling that he is a potential top pairing guy, as I feel.
Pronman ranks Axel Sandin-Pellika (Detroit) as a top to middle lineup NHLer, and cites his season with Skelleftea. Anyone who's watched or followed Skelleftea closely would rank Salomonsson close to or even above ASP based on last season. Salomonsson has much better even strength play, had a much bigger role on the team, and actually scored points at a higher rate 5v5. ASP got way more PP time and scored a lot of points that way. Pronman might just be looking at counting stats in this case.

Salomonsson was drafted a year before ASP but he's only 6 months older.

Pronman lists Salomonsson at 6' and 172 pounds. He's more like 6'2" and 10-15 pounds heavier.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
agreed, and same could be said for wheeler, button or name-your-favorite-analyst.

which is why i find it ridiculous how posters on here can have such strong & supposedly qualified opinions, while balancing watching all the prospects & their respective leagues, the NHL, etc.
Some posters invest hard earned money into premium prospect analysis. You’re often getting this information free of charge by monitoring select individuals posts. It’s all a matter of drinking what’s posted here in and figuring out who these individuals are.

Dobt look a gift horse in the mouth.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Pronman ranks Axel Sandin-Pellika (Detroit) as a top to middle lineup NHLer, and cites his season with Skelleftea. Anyone who's watched or followed Skelleftea closely would rank Salomonsson close to or even above ASP based on last season. ASP has much better even strength play, had a much bigger role on the team, and actually scored points at a higher rate 5v5. ASP got way more PP time and scored a lot of points that way. Pronman might just be looking at counting stats in this case.

Salomonsson was drafted a year before ASP but he's only 6 months older.

Pronman lists Salomonsson at 6' and 172 pounds. He's more like 6'2" and 10-15 pounds heavier.
Bolded: did you mean ES or ASP?

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad