Brantford Bulldogs 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
We're over here being unrealistic of what our D group could look like.

I'll be a little level headed and say that all of the Bulldogs potential big adds will not involve a forward.

Agreed. I would LOVE Musty, but their resources need to be spend on D imo.

coolhandluc44

Jan 29, 2024
Agreed. I would LOVE Musty, but their resources need to be spend on D imo.
Once we get Jiricek up and running and if there was a chance to get Hamara back I’d be comfortable with the D. Chan and Krompotic would be out and a top 6 of Protz, Jiricek, Hamara, Roberts, Moore and Radley is pretty good.

Im getting concerned about secondary scoring which is not something I would have thought. So if we got Hamara I would invest on some depth scoring. Hopefully getting Vanacker back will help in not just him producing goals but hopefully will impact Thomas, Brown and Lavoie.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Once we get Jiricek up and running and if there was a chance to get Hamara back I’d be comfortable with the D. Chan and Krompotic would be out and a top 6 of Protz, Jiricek, Hamara, Roberts, Moore and Radley is pretty good.

Im getting concerned about secondary scoring which is not something I would have thought. So if we got Hamara I would invest on some depth scoring. Hopefully getting Vanacker back will help in not just him producing goals but hopefully will impact Thomas, Brown and Lavoie.

Musty wouldn't be secondary scoring. He's a legit 50 goal guy and will cost a fortune.

If somehow they got Hamara back, then maybe...

They could also add a depth dman, preferably and 18 yr old that wouldn't cost as much as a stud.

I think that when Vanacker he will be a game changer once he gets going and will effect his linemates a lot (probably O'Brien and Lavoie) His speed will really drive the pace.

Reactions: Jawk

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021

This D group, with Hamara and Jiricek, is about to be so much better.

Hamara is back.

I'd add another Stud D. Some depth at F, plus when Vanacker is back, now they're cooking.

• Wow
Reactions: frontsfan67

coolhandluc44

Jan 29, 2024

This D group, with Hamara and Jiricek, is about to be so much better.

Hamara is back.

I'd add another Stud D. Some depth at F, plus when Vanacker is back, now they're cooking.
Nice! Do you think this why Bujold never played because they thought either one of Hamara or wifi would be back and they did not want to use a player card? I’m not sure how these player cards work or maybe Bujold has an injury.

Of course we have a lot of time to see how things shape up with the updated D. Even with Vanacker returning I’d imagine they see they need some more depth at forward to get more balanced scoring. O’Donnell is a wild car too. I know the reviews were high on him but with rookies i would think anything you get is a bonus.

Should be exciting to see how this plays out. Egorov has been a nice surprise too to make a solid tandem in net

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
Nice! Do you think this why Bujold never played because they thought either one of Hamara or wifi would be back and they did not want to use a player card? I’m not sure how these player cards work or maybe Bujold has an injury.

Of course we have a lot of time to see how things shape up with the updated D. Even with Vanacker returning I’d imagine they see they need some more depth at forward to get more balanced scoring. O’Donnell is a wild car too. I know the reviews were high on him but with rookies i would think anything you get is a bonus.

Should be exciting to see how this plays out. Egorov has been a nice surprise too to make a solid tandem in net
I'm not sure what the deal with Bujold is/was. Seems weird that they wouldn't say why he was out.

Egorov has been great.

Hamara should be in on Friday, sounds like it may still be a little bit longer before Jiricek is in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad