Brantford Bulldogs 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
No surprises at all in those articles. Plans for new building in Brantford are progressing.

Hamilton building wants to attract a new full time tenant (despite insisting they were going to be concert only).

coolhandluc44

Jan 29, 2024
No surprises at all in those articles. Plans for new building in Brantford are progressing.

Hamilton building wants to attract a new full time tenant (despite insisting they were going to be concert only).
Yes we should have some more answers next week. The city has done a great job with the current Civic Centre renovations and I have been really impressed with the consultant they hired. Over the next few years, there is also going to be alot of major residential redevelopment across the street and other areas close by. Also next door at Earl Haig, there is plans to build a 20 million dollar indoor soccer and baseball facility. Brantford's population is growing fast so I am very confident we are well positioned to support the team long term.

Im pretty sure the mayor of Brantford stayed on specifically to get these project approved. For those unfamiliar he was going to resign over the summer but stayed on.

Reactions: Jawk

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
Yes we should have some more answers next week. The city has done a great job with the current Civic Centre renovations and I have been really impressed with the consultant they hired. Over the next few years, there is also going to be alot of major residential redevelopment across the street and other areas close by. Also next door at Earl Haig, there is plans to build a 20 million dollar indoor soccer and baseball facility. Brantford's population is growing fast so I am very confident we are well positioned to support the team long term.

Im pretty sure the mayor of Brantford stayed on specifically to get these project approved. For those unfamiliar he was going to resign over the summer but stayed on.
I'm fairly in touch with the Brantford politics. I l basically lived there for my high-school years.

Hoping for some good restaurants once the commercial redevelopment is completed.

Seems like the entire council is on board for all of these projects, and final arena approval is nothing more than having to go through the required process.

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
Brian Smiley on his Twitter wrote his little weekend blurb and mentioned the injuries to Vanacker and O'Donnell.

I inquired about Bujold and he said the team is saying absolutely nothing publicly about him.

Edit: I know it's early, and it's managing the schedule/opponents, but I can't believe it's going to take until atleast home game #3 to see Leenders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad