Brantford Bulldogs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
From what I saw about egorov last year- he didn’t look a whole lot better than jj salajko and jj is not in the league this year I believe.

Egorov is young so has a lot of growing to do but definitely can’t have him leading the team in a go for it year.

I predict he is the backup this year and next year it’s corovic (5th round goalie selected this year) backing up leenders until Leenders graduates and corovic takes over.
I should have mentioned this when we discussed Egorov.

Salajko is in Bulldogs camp.

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
I'm in Kitchener for the preseason game vs. Erie.

This is the current camp roster they handed out.
1000005386.jpg

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Looks like they cut Rebelo before camp started. No way he was going to make the overage cut with the possibilities the Bulldogs have. I liked his game last year, but the Bulldogs needs bigger roles filled than what Rebelo brought.

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
Looks like they cut Rebelo before camp started. No way he was going to make the overage cut with the possibilities the Bulldogs have. I liked his game last year, but the Bulldogs needs bigger roles filled than what Rebelo brought.
The whole OA situation will come down to what Washington decides to do with Thomas.

Lavoie
Thomas
Bujold or Okitundu

I tend to lean Okitundu to add some more experience on the backend.

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
Ben Radley has had a fantastic preseason. I'm not sure Chen should feel good about his spot on the D depth chart when all is said and done.

Reactions: frontsfan67

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
How has 3rd rounder Rossetto looked? Appears he's put up points in each of his 3 preseason games and scored the lone goal in the shootout, but stats don't tell the whole story.

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
How has 3rd rounder Rossetto looked? Appears he's put up points in each of his 3 preseason games and scored the lone goal in the shootout, but stats don't tell the whole story.
I saw him yesterday and today. Highly skilled and can skate. Very small. Overall I liked what I saw.

Interested to see how he holds up once the season starts and the physicality ramps up and space/time dissappears.

Reactions: Isaac Nootin

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
I saw him yesterday and today. Highly skilled and can skate. Very small. Overall I liked what I saw.

Interested to see how he holds up once the season starts and the physicality ramps up and space/time dissappears.
Does he make the team out of camp? Or sent to play in the GOJHL or elsewhere for the year?

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
Does he make the team out of camp? Or sent to play in the GOJHL or elsewhere for the year?
It's impossible to tell what the teams plans are.

All of the 08s and any returning guys that weren't full time last year (and a couple of older guys still hanging on), both signed or not, are all still in cages.

Think it's maybe to create competition that every single person has to earn the spot?

Reactions: Isaac Nootin

coolhandluc44

Jan 29, 2024
The whole OA situation will come down to what Washington decides to do with Thomas.

Lavoie
Thomas
Bujold or Okitundu

I’m leaning keeping 4 to start the year with Bujold and Okitundu coming in and out based on need. I’m starting to think the scoring depth might be better than I thought as I was originally thinking Bujold over Okitundu. They can wait it out to see where the greatest need is. Plus assuming Jiricek is on the team that can change the mindset.

Reactions: Rounder8

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

Lavoie
Thomas
Bujold or Okitundu

doesn’t really matter, you need a better 04 on d regardless of who you keep

I would bet jr b personally but

STEEL33

Mar 25, 2019
I’m leaning keeping 4 to start the year with Bujold and Okitundu coming in and out based on need. I’m starting to think the scoring depth might be better than I thought as I was originally thinking Bujold over Okitundu. They can wait it out to see where the greatest need is. Plus assuming Jiricek is on the team that can change the mindset.
Bujold will be a top face off guy in the league. They are weak on the draws. Oki and Roberts are the same player.

Last edited:
Reactions: sbpointer

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
This Bulldog lineup might have 5 players in it that won't be here in a month.

Some interesting rumours about who the 3rd OA/2nd import may end up being.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018

Lavoie
Thomas
Bujold or Okitundu

I'll be pretty surprised if he isn't back in Brantford, but we will see.

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
Hey Bulldogs fans any more updates on new arena?
The guy that sits beside me is always pestering the local councilors when he sees them in the building.

Latest he heard is that by the end of the month the city should be announcing business partners that are coming on board.

I think this will include other sources of funding, such as the city owned parking garage near the arena being sold.

After that, the next step will be the project being given the official green light. Perhaps by the end of the calender year. My best guess.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
This trade is a bit surprising to me. First, I trust our management. I would think that they feel there’s a good change of Malhotra signing since they acquired his rights. I also had the impression the Bulldogs are planning to make a big run again this year, which is why this surprises me since they traded picks for a 16 year old. It seems a bit contradictory to trade picks for a young player in an “all in” year. Maybe they want to go deep this year and make the run next year? Or do they plan to trade O’Donnell or Malhotra at the trade deadline to acquire a big impact player?

Time will tell but I trust our management. Let’s hope Malhotra commits.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
This trade is a bit surprising to me. First, I trust our management. I would think that they feel there’s a good change of Malhotra signing since they acquired his rights. I also had the impression the Bulldogs are planning to make a big run again this year, which is why this surprises me since they traded picks for a 16 year old. It seems a bit contradictory to trade picks for a young player in an “all in” year. Maybe they want to go deep this year and make the run next year? Or do they plan to trade O’Donnell or Malhotra at the trade deadline to acquire a big impact player?

Time will tell but I trust our management. Let’s hope Malhotra commits.
No it’s not that management thinks he’s coming, it’s just with hopes that they can convince him next year or the year after his draft if the NCAA doesn’t go as planned. Same with Kitchener. They hope that they can convince Valentini to come to Kitchener in 2027.

It’s a future move and it’s a low risk move with all the conditional picks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rounder8 and Jawk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad