Brantford Bulldogs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

Rattler

Sep 2, 2022
Jiricek, Andonovski, Leenders, would set back end solid. They would still need add top end forward or two to contend.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
I'd be shocked if George was moved this year. Not saying it can't happen but I would think it's highly unlikely. I think Owen Sound takes the year to evaluate what they have to decide on whether or not they can contend around George's 19 year old season and very likely final season in the OHL before making any decisions on moving Carter George.

A guy can dream can't he?lol

coolhandluc44

Jan 29, 2024
A week away from training camp and all is quite on here and from the Bulldogs. Lots of questions remained unanswered. Any thoughts on:
1) Who will be the other goalie with Egorov? Are they planning on Egorov making a big leap and being a starter, tandem or are they bringing another guy in to be the starter? I thought Ego played better in the second half of the year, I’d be interest in one of the Guelph goalies as they are both 05 and a lot of a scuttle is this will be a rebuild year for Guelph
2) Who will be replacing Andrew Campbell as Assistant Coach?
3) Is Adam Jiricek coming over? I think this could have a big impact on the OA situation regarding Okitundu
4) Who will be our OA’s? I don’t have hopes on Hamara or Xhekaj. My choice would be Thomas, Bujold and Lavoie. If we don’t get Jiricek I would maybe swap Okitundu for Bujold. Or maybe you carry 4 and see where your biggest need is throughout the season?
5) Who will be captain? One of the OA’s or maybe Vanacker who could be captain for two seasons

coolhandluc44

Jan 29, 2024
Thanks for this update. If true I would
Nothing yet from the Bulldogs. If true I would think the D would look something like:

Jiricek, Moore, Protz, Roberts, Radley, Kromptic, Babin and Chen. Personally, I would have Okintundu as the odd man out for an OA spot if Jiricek is indeed coming over. Spots 5-6 are going to be young and inexperienced but you got to give guys a chance at some point and hopefully they develop ove the course of the year. I really liked Kromptic in the playoffs, thought he was well composed and handled the puck well.

If Jiricek isn't coming over I would consider having Okintundu back as an OA. Its hard to gauge what direction this team is going as they have not even posted a training camp roster.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Brantford got their goalie. Wow

coolhandluc44

Jan 29, 2024
Nice add and he is an 06 so I would imagine we got him for 2 years! Anyone make it to the Black vs Gold game? I think this trade is a reflection on how Egorov has looked in camp. We knew Brantford needed a goalie regardless but the assets they gave up to me says they are not confident in Egorov being a number 1.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Nice add and he is an 06 so I would imagine we got him for 2 years! Anyone make it to the Black vs Gold game? I think this trade is a reflection on how Egorov has looked in camp. We knew Brantford needed a goalie regardless but the assets they gave up to me says they are not confident in Egorov being a number 1.
From what I saw about egorov last year- he didn’t look a whole lot better than jj salajko and jj is not in the league this year I believe.

Egorov is young so has a lot of growing to do but definitely can’t have him leading the team in a go for it year.

I predict he is the backup this year and next year it’s corovic (5th round goalie selected this year) backing up leenders until Leenders graduates and corovic takes over.

coolhandluc44

Jan 29, 2024
From what I saw about egorov last year- he didn’t look a whole lot better than jj salajko and jj is not in the league this year I believe.

Egorov is young so has a lot of growing to do but definitely can’t have him leading the team in a go for it year.

I predict he is the backup this year and next year it’s corovic (5th round goalie selected this year) backing up leenders until Leenders graduates and corovic takes over.
Sounds like a good plan. Maybe give Corovic a game or two to get some experience and doing a solid with staring his education package early too. For players my understanding is that even if you only play 1 game, that still counts towards a year of their education. If a goalie backs up even for one game but does not play, would that still give them a year of education? Was thinking about this with underage players how for some of them even if they play the year in Junior B or Tier 2, even if they play a handful of games it still gives them experience while also showing them commitment by starting their education packages

Reactions: frontsfan67

coolhandluc44

Jan 29, 2024

Bulldogs acquire goaltender from Steelheads

As per article Brantford still has 7 second round picks. Anyone know what years these are in?

Reactions: Section5Petes

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021

Egorov had a strong last third of the year. Depending when you saw him, it could really change your opinion on him.

coolhandluc44

Jan 29, 2024
Egorov had a strong last third of the year. Depending when you saw him, it could really change your opinion on him.
I agree he seemed to get better as the year went on. It would be really interesting to see how his first half numbers compared to the second half of the year. Also I have no stats to back this up, but it seemed like at the beginning of the year he started games good but then struggled the second half of the game. Again this is just from memory so I could be way wrong on this.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
I know you guys need a goalie but trading all those assets to the team that you're battling is tough. They can add another player like rekoph and maybe a gibson on the back end with all those assets.

Sick get in leenders though. Kudos

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
I agree he seemed to get better as the year went on. It would be really interesting to see how his first half numbers compared to the second half of the year. Also I have no stats to back this up, but it seemed like at the beginning of the year he started games good but then struggled the second half of the game. Again this is just from memory so I could be way wrong on this.
There were games in the first half of the year where he flat out looked uncomfortable and very inconsistent.

He should be more than capable on nights where they want to rest Leenders.

What a huge pickup this is. Gives Brampton more picks to stock up another skater, but they were going to get them from someone.

Reactions: Canadian Game

coolhandluc44

Jan 29, 2024
I know you guys need a goalie but trading all those assets to the team that you're battling is tough. They can add another player like rekoph and maybe a gibson on the back end with all those assets.

Sick get in leenders though. Kudos
Funny thing is you can look at it the other way too. If your Brampton, Brantford projects to be tough competition, but prior to this trade goaltending was a huge question mark. Now Brampton helped with Brantford's biggest weakness.

What I like about this trade is that it shows both teams confidence to not worry about how it might benefit the other team. It also shows how both teams used their strengths. Brampton had two great goalies and Brantford had a stockpile of draft picks. I don't doubt Brantford might have had to give more than other teams but for an 18 year old proven goalie that you get for at least 2 seasons and maybe 3(as an OA) I think its worth it.

Added bonus is that these teams play each other opening night!

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
Funny thing is you can look at it the other way too. If your Brampton, Brantford projects to be tough competition, but prior to this trade goaltending was a huge question mark. Now Brampton helped with Brantford's biggest weakness.

What I like about this trade is that it shows both teams confidence to not worry about how it might benefit the other team. It also shows how both teams used their strengths. Brampton had two great goalies and Brantford had a stockpile of draft picks. I don't doubt Brantford might have had to give more than other teams but for an 18 year old proven goalie that you get for at least 2 seasons and maybe 3(as an OA) I think its worth it.

Added bonus is that these teams play each other opening night!
Both teams also have another team in their own division (Oshawa & Barrie respectively) they need/want to finish ahead of for splayoff seeding before they worry about each other.

coolhandluc44

Jan 29, 2024
Both teams also have another team in their own division (Oshawa & Barrie respectively) they need/want to finish ahead of for splayoff seeding before they worry about each other.
Thats true. I am not getting to far ahead, but the thought of Brampton vs Brantford in the East Final given that Brampton traded Leenders to Brantford is a great story line. Should be a great year!

Reactions: Bra Wavers and Jawk

Rattler

Sep 2, 2022
Great pickup! Lots of picks, but think it's worth it.
Now we need Jiricek to report and trade for another high end D.
That would set them up nicely up to trade deadline and if everything aligns go for Championship.

Reactions: sbpointer and LDN

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Exactly what they needed. Great get, although as pointed out a very interesting trade. 2 teams on a similar path also helped each other.

Still very thin on D, but definitely have the resources to get help.

Jiricek reporting would be huge!

Reactions: Canadian Game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad