Proposal: Brannstrom for Poehling

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
sure, keep saying that to yourself. The kids is having phenomenal AHL stats this year.
Maltsev has four points in two AHL games for the Avs affiliate. So Maltsev for Guhle + a 2nd? Clearly Maltsev is an amazing player at 2 PPG in the AHL. Probably heading to the AHL hall of fame.

poehling has no value. None. He’s not an NHL level player. He’s a very poor mans Mete. So in certain Habs fans minds, that means Poehling for a late first is fair value. The rest of us. :huh:

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Guhle couldn't even beat Wideman, who we gave away for a 7th, and yet you guys wasted a 1st on him!?!? And Romanov couldn't even beat out Merrill, Gustafsson or Kulak in the playoffs! Wowza! I am making some real good points here....
To be fair, Mete is 23 and Brannstrom is 22.

Wideman is 31, Merril was 39 , Kulak was 27, Gustafsson was 29 and Guhle is 19 while Romanov was 20.

Not saying the trade is fair, but comparing these situations is ridiculous.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
So Brannstrom is a stud but can’t crack and below average D at 22 yo?? Let’s get real here. Brannstrom is a big big deception. If Brannstrom still has top 4 potential, why wouldn’t Poehling still has 3rd line center potential.

that being said, if both players were to be traded in the same deal, as reclamation projects, Habs would obviously need to add since Brannstrom has a higher ceiling.

Reactions: Eegs and HabsQC

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Brannstrom is on the block because Sens have other RD that they higher on...Thomson and Bernard Docker. Let not make the mistake that he's a bad player and trade him away for table scraps.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
As a neutral fan, it’s a definite “no” from the Sens. I feel confident calling Poehling a AAAA player. I think he’ll be an AHL player who gets called up on occasion and hits waivers here and there. Maybe he surprises me, but I don’t think so - injuries don’t help either.

Brannstrom may not amount to much either, but I still think he’s got a decent chance to have a solid NHL career. Flipping him for a comparable forward might make sense if the right move comes along.

Reactions: Neiler

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Even though Ive never been high on Brannstrom, I feel like Poehling is the type of player who keeps disappointing you until he's just a bust and rotting in the AHL or on ur fourth line.

Very disappointed in Poehling since he's turned pro (minus that one game)

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Brannstrom is on the block because Sens have other RD that they higher on...Thomson and Bernard Docker. Let not make the mistake that he's a bad player and trade him away for table scraps.

Well those players didn't pass Brannstrom by because he was playing well and they were playing fantastic.

Brannstrom traded for another struggling prospect, or a 3rd rounder is likely to happen unless Ottawa can pull a bigger deal and he's just casually tossed in to give him a chance somewhere else.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

It's the opposite.

They don't want to play Brannstrom on RD because of technical reasons (Dorion explained in an interview this summer)

On LD, there is Thomas Chabot who is one of the biggest horse in the NHL. And then you have Jake Sanderson who is most likely going to be in the same mold

Then there is the current logjam of 1 way contracts and also Tyler Kleven, who they are really high on

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
So Brannstrom is a stud but can’t crack and below average D at 22 yo?? Let’s get real here. Brannstrom is a big big deception. If Brannstrom still has top 4 potential, why wouldn’t Poehling still has 3rd line center potential.
It's not that he can't crack a below average D, it's that the coaches seem to be a bit biased against him. And Dorion adding Del Zotto for no good reason made it even tougher on him.

Like do you truly think Brannstom is worse than 7 of these guys?

Chabot
Zub
Holden
Mete
Zaitsev
J. Brown
Del Zotto

Branny is currently our 3rd best dman and will bump to 4th once Sanderson joins. He should excel as a #4 on almost any team. At this point, play him or trade him - but he deserves to play in the NHL.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
This is a bad proposal for Brannstrom. Poehling had an awful camp and is worth a 5th rounder at best until he improves in Laval (and I don't see many GMs offering even that).

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
If the Sens are intent on moving Brannstrom, I think it might be in their best interest to package him with a pick and/or prospect in the hopes of getting a significant asset in return

I'm not entirely sure what that would look like though...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad