Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Montours deal is 2 years to long in length

But he was two tiers above OEL for the panthers on usage and value

Reg season he played 23.5 mins a game, vs OELs 18.5 mins a game

Playoffs Montour played 22:40 vs OELs 15:27

OEL was a niche depth player for the panthers on theur cup run, Kontour was their #2D after Forsling this year
Agree to what you said with regard to direct comparison between the players. But when you take the cap into account, and Montour got double the AAV and almost double # of years I think that you can build a case that OEL's contract is better for the player you're getting.

A team not signing a UFA they were negotiating with is not a sign that the system is broken. There are a ridiculous # of factors that go into UFA signings, and trying to project a major issue of 1 or 2 cases is a really "interesting" approach. Much like the people that say that cost of living should be taken into account, when most of the high profile UFA's typically end up in the most expensive markets.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Leafs dodged a bad contract.

Comparing OEL who's contract is half the years and half the AAV (under half) and saying they are similar and just as bad.
Those are People just wwanting to dunk on the Leafs.

I definitely think it's a tad rich for him but getting OEL age 32 to 36 with him sort of bouncing back a bit is not the worse thing.

Hopefully he can maintain a certain level of play.

Mar 26, 2010
Toronto ducked a bullet! Thankfully it did not happen.

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
Not a Sharks fan trying to chirp :laugh:

Since the 2004-2005 lockout, the Sharks have 14 playoff series wins, four WCF trips, and a SCF berth. We may not have a Cup but I’ll take our playoff history over the Leafs comfortably. I really couldn’t care less about what the Leafs accomplished when there were only six teams in the whole league and you only needed two series wins to get a Cup.
144.jpg

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
The Leafs have a 4 year window opening up here. They will have almost 22M coming off the cap with Marner and Tavares expiring.

Years 5,6,7 don't really matter as they will be in a retool at that point.

Reactions: 13to40

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Montour likes playing past the first round.

Then he probably should have went somewhere else, I doubt Seattle even makes the playoffs

Larsson and Gourde will be good rentals for somebody

The Leafs have a 4 year window opening up here. They will have almost 22M coming off the cap with Marner and Tavares expiring.

Years 5,6,7 don't really matter as they will be in a retool at that point.

As long as Matthews is a Leaf, there will be No retool, rebuild whatever word you want to use

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad