Value of: Brady Tkachuk

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Seems like Tkachuk is a scapegoat for a flawed team. A lot of one-way forwards who don't play hard, a middling defense, and a flip of the coin in net aren't going to get you to the promised land.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Seems like Tkachuk is a scapegoat for a flawed team. A lot of one-way forwards who don't play hard, a middling defense, and a flip of the coin in net aren't going to get you to the promised land.

The biggest problem for this team is that they are mentally fragile and have massive defensive lapses.

Brady is like the posterboy for both issues.

He really shouldn't have been made captain when he was and I feel it would actually be good for him to go to a team where he doesn't have the pressure.

But it's not really about being a scapegoat, its that at some point the team will have to make a massive change to its core if they continue losing.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
The biggest problem for this team is that they are mentally fragile and have massive defensive lapses.

Brady is like the posterboy for both issues.

He really shouldn't have been made captain when he was and I feel it would actually be good for him to go to a team where he doesn't have the pressure.

But it's not really about being a scapegoat, its that at some point the team will have to make a massive change to its core if they continue losing.
Right, he's your scapegoat.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Brady isn't going to be traded unless he demands out, which is a possibility if the Sens fail to make the playoffs again for an 8th straight year.

I think his brother escapaing small town Canada for a top destination in his home country and immediately experiencing playoff success might have made that more likely.

If he were to be traded it would probably be for an absolute haul, as GMs do insane things to add powerforwards.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I'd trade a lot for him, but its the habs, so whatever that is Ottawa and their fans would want even more and wouldn't blame them.

If he's dealt, it's almost certainly a west coast team.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
They sure do and you have his picture as your avatar, lol. Obviously makes zero sense for Detroit, but that's absolutely a player that would "make sense" for Ottawa, are you serious?
yeah more meant players that make sense for both teams. obviously seider and raymond and larkin etc make sense for ottawa but theres no use to any of those trades for detroit

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
I got laughed at for saying i wouldn't trade Lundell for him, that still stands.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
To appease some jittery fans after a loss.
After 7 years of losing*

and this trade is if they miss the playoffs this year.

aren't fans allowed to be a little jittery and want real changes after 8 years of losing?

If they miss this season at some point you have to admit that its not DBC, Chychrun , Joseph or Korpisalo that is the problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad