Who would you take on your team?

• Brady Tkachuk

Votes: 27 73.0%
  • Mitch Marner

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters

UED

May 2, 2021
Regular season production doesn't matter, the only players in the world who are better offensively than the best defenders are McDavid, MacKinnon, Kucherov. Everyone else scores at around PPG or just under in the playoffs anyway. But with Marner you're paying an extra $3M for the right to have a soft player instead of one of the most physical players in the NHL. His advanced and expensive skill won't work in the playoffs when the best teams in the world actually focus on shutting him down. I would pick either Tkachuk over every winger in the world except Kucherov.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
that the sens play a very low disciplined game both ways.

It was a counter to your original posts on this year only. But if you want to move the goalposts from what you were talking about earlier, go ahead.

It was a valid counter, being third in the league at xGA/60.
Not to mention that 5 on 5 is about 75% of every game. Nobody cares how Ottawas PP was 2 years ago and has zero to do with what you were talking about and what I replied to.
But since you’re concerned with it those PP goals place Ottawa 16th in the league.
Yes, disciplined. Discipline as in not taking penalties.

You picked the wrong post to reply to then, but I can walk you through the chain of events.

1) Initial post includes box score stats from this year.
2) I provide context stats for a more in depth look at this year rather than just basic box score stats
3) another individual asks why I only included this years stats
4) I explain why (the initial post only included this years stats)
5) that individual says previous years should be considered as well
6) I agree, so I reply regarding the time frame that he mentioned (since 22-23)

KEY POINT: AT THIS POINT, BOTH OF US ARE DISCUSSING THE PAST FEW YEARS, SPECIFICALLY 22-23 ONWARD.

You then reply to a portion of my post (about how the shitton of penalties in ottawa games have inflated stats on ottawa from 22-23 onward), with what you seem to think is a gotcha about how Ottawa has been good defensively so far this year.

I then clarify my point to you since you got confused about what I meant when I used the word disciplined.

But from the bolded part of your quote here, it seems you either didn't read the post(s), or just failed to understand. If it's the second, I'm happy to clarify any portion that confused you.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Yes, disciplined. Discipline as in not taking penalties.

You picked the wrong post to reply to then, but I can walk you through the chain of events.

1) Initial post includes box score stats from this year.
2) I provide context stats for a more in depth look at this year rather than just basic box score stats
3) another individual asks why I only included this years stats
4) I explain why (the initial post only included this years stats)
5) that individual says previous years should be considered as well
6) I agree, so I reply regarding the time frame that he mentioned (since 22-23)

KEY POINT: AT THIS POINT, BOTH OF US ARE DISCUSSING THE PAST FEW YEARS, SPECIFICALLY 22-23 ONWARD.

You then reply to a portion of my post (about how the shitton of penalties in ottawa games have inflated stats on ottawa from 22-23 onward), with what you seem to think is a gotcha about how Ottawa has been good defensively so far this year.

I then clarify my point to you since you got confused about what I meant when I used the word disciplined.

But from the bolded part of your quote here, it seems you either didn't read the post(s), or just failed to understand. If it's the second, I'm happy to clarify any portion that confused you.
Stopped reading after first few lines when realized you were just moving goalposts again.

Last edited:

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Stopped reading after first few lines when realized you were just moving goalposts again.
I don't know why I bother, but let's try 1 final time.

I moved the goalposts?

Thread Starter uses THIS YEAR. I reply about THIS YEAR. Doesn't seem to be anything moved

There is then this post, asking about the previous years. (If anything this is where any goalposts have been moved).
Screenshot 2024-10-21 at 6.35.37 PM.png

This individual wants to talk about 22-23 onward, and so I oblige. KEY POINT: I WAS NOT THE ONE WHO WANTED TO MOVE THE CONVERSATION TO TALK ABOUT 22-23 ONWARD
Screenshot 2024-10-21 at 6.37.11 PM.png

And we're back to you failing to fully read a post(s) or using context clues.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I don't know why I bother, but let's try 1 final time.

I moved the goalposts?

Thread Starter uses THIS YEAR. I reply about THIS YEAR. Doesn't seem to be anything moved

There is then this post, asking about the previous years. (If anything this is where any goalposts have been moved).
View attachment 919537
This individual wants to talk about 22-23 onward, and so I oblige. KEY POINT: I WAS NOT THE ONE WHO WANTED TO MOVE THE CONVERSATION TO TALK ABOUT 22-23 ONWARD
View attachment 919539

And we're back to you failing to fully read a post(s) or using context clues.
As I addressed in my one post initially explaining it, I won’t bother repeating.
But my mistake was not multi-quoting your 2 initial posts, as I only used the last ones and not the xGA one as well ( which you alluded to, and were right).

What convo you had with kopse, has no bearing with our convo, as I never brought kopse up.

I think we can both move on, and catch up in another discussion. Cheers.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
If we had an NHL wide redraft, who would be off the board first, Tkachuk or Marner? I think most know the answer, the results so far reflect that.

Yes I’m a Sens fan, so biased for sure.

I like Marner for what it’s worth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad