• Mitch Marner

Votes: 416 54.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Professional

Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
I remember this being a poll/thread sometime last year and turned into a multi page debate, but it got deleted/locked or something, I can't find it anywhere.

Who do you take on your team today?

For context, this season:

Marner : 25GP, 8G, 21A, 29PTS
Tkachuk : 23GP, 11G, 17A, 28PTS

Last edited:

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
All things considered, probably Brady because he's younger with better terms. But Marner is fantastic and if age & contract were the same it'd be him.
better team? isn't Ottawa among the worst in the league right now/?

oooooh I see now u said term lmao..... getting old my eyes aren't what they used to be I guess lmao

this is a tough one I love both players but Brady is a tough one to pass up with his physical side to his game

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Marner.

And I'm not sure "context" is the best word for ignoring years of drastically different production (and defensive ability, PK ability, etc.) and isolating a ~20 game sample where Marner produced less than normal and Tkachuk produced more than normal to represent them as equivalent.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
All things considered, probably Brady because he's younger with better terms. But Marner is fantastic and if age & contract were the same it'd be him.

This is the way I see it as well and for the Canucks they need a Tkachuk since they passed on one already and that didn't turn out very well for them.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Still Brady

Marner.

And I'm not sure "context" is the best word for ignoring years of drastically different production (and defensive ability, PK ability, etc.) and isolating a ~20 game sample where Marner produced less than normal and Tkachuk produced more than normal to represent them as equivalent.
What makes you think you know what Tkachuk's "normal" is? He just turned 23 last month.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
What makes you think you know what Tkachuk's "normal" is? He just turned 23 last month.
If this is his new "normal" (which is still less than Marner over the past 3 seasons, before even getting into defense/PK), then he'll have to prove it over more than ~20 games.
Also he turned 23 in September, not last month.

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
Leafs fan saying Marner. I feel like people don't realize how good he is on defence on top of being one of the best producers in the league.

That said, I really love Brady's game and probably wouldn't cry about a 1 for 1 trade tbh.

Reactions: leafsfan5

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I remember this being a poll/thread sometime last year and turned into a multi page debate, but it got deleted/locked or something, I can't find it anywhere.

Who do you take on your team today?

For context, this season:

Marner : 25GP, 8G, 21A, 29PTS
Tkachuk : 23GP, 11G, 17A, 28PTS
If my intentions are wining the cup give me Tkachuk.

• Haha
Reactions: EquivalentStay

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Lol wtf

Leafs fan saying Marner. I feel like people don't realize how good he is on defence on top of being one of the best producers in the league.

That said, I really love Brady's game and probably wouldn't cry about a 1 for 1 trade tbh.
On defense? Hes probably the worst / 2nd worst defensive forward in the league (him and stutzle)

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Lmao when Sens fans were telling us "Brady is a proven playoff performer" :laugh: great player though, pretty close but I take Marner. Better offensively and has the ability to play in all situations. Brady looks really good though, he may be the best power forward for the next decade or so.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I’d take Brady on the Canucks as they’re too easy to play against, and he’d help more with that than Marner, but Marner is the better player in a vaccuum

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Lmao when Sens fans were telling us "Brady is a proven playoff performer" :laugh: great player though, pretty close but I take Marner. Better offensively and has the ability to play in all situations. Brady looks really good though, he may be the best power forward for the next decade or so.

Quote one person saying « Brady is a proven playoff performer ».

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Go check the old thread lmao

I remember a lot of people saying they’d take a flyer on unproven Tkachuk rather than disappointing Marner in the playoffs, I don’t remember anyone saying « Brady is a proven playoff performer ».

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad