Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) - Part XI

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Sanderson should be captain. And if Brady's last name wasn't Tkachuk, Sanderson would be captain.

Sanderson is the guy who gets it.
Why? So the fanbase can turn on him too? As they did with Karlsson, Chabot, and are now trying to do with Tkachuk?

The moment anyone on this team gets put under the spotlight, a segment of the fanbase turns on them like rabid dogs. They're the people who would've traded Alfie for Conroy back in '06.

fickle.gif

Reactions: Dionysus and NyQuil

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Why? So the fanbase can turn on him too? As they did with Karlsson, Chabot, and are now trying to do with Tkachuk?

The moment anyone on this team gets put under the spotlight, a segment of the fanbase turns on them like rabid dogs. They're the people who would've traded Alfie for Conroy back in '06.

View attachment 916322

No because Sanderson sets a better example. We need our team to play more like Sanderson. Professional, focused on winning, consistent, unflappable.

The people who turned on Alfredsson were the minority egged on by leafs media and soon everyone in Ottawa was calling him God.

The only people who turned on Karlsson were people who fell for Dorion and Melnyk propaganda campaign. Enough said about those people.

And Chabot? You actually need to play well if you want respect. And Chabot has been a massive disappointment since signing his 60 mill deal.

Reactions: SquidNasty

Goat Boy

Jun 8, 2011
Seriously. Biggest lifestyle change an adult will ever make is having their first baby. And it's been barely a month. Not to mention setting up for the baby in two cities.

I expect him to be back in the groove by November.
Depends on the baby. Some settle into good sleeping patterns from the get go and others take years. Somehow I wouldn't be shocked if Tkachuk Gen3 is an absolute pain in the neck. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

View attachment 916322

C’mon dude, the team didn’t show up in game 2 of a season they said they’d compete in every minute and every game. It’s not the lose to Montreal or the head fakes or the no show, it’s the years of these exact rinse/repeat games that are frustrating.

How could they no show in game 2 of the season after all the “great summer, teams ready, players came in early, focused”?? Inexcusable.

(Your post is also excatly what happens, team no shows AGAIN, fans show frustration, guys like you blame the fans as a reason the team sucks and the players can’t perform. Alfie lives here and is a coach - the criticism didn’t bother him that much. Big boy pants time for the players, not the fans.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
it would be funny if they were winning.

but then you see the ticker and it's 4-1 Habs in large part because of Hutson, and one of the goals because Hutson directly clowned Brady.

With context he just looks like a dumbass.
Context didn’t change for me, I still laughed at it.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Context didn’t change for me, I still laughed at it.
Different strokes.

I have fun when the team wins, not when the captain tries to be funny after being manhandled for 5 of the first 6 periods of a season after 6 years of losing.

You know what was funny though was when Alfredsson fake threw the stick, especially since we were destroying the leafs in their barn like 6 or 7 to 1. That really pissed of those leafs fans lol.

But I think montreal fans were just laughing at Brady's attempt.

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad