Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) - Part XI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm skeptical that if Tkachuk had partially dislocated his shoulder on that play the Senators would have dressed him in the very next pre-season game.

I'm also skeptical of any doctor who's trying to get more Twitter followers by diagnosing injuries based on videos and trying to get his own hashtag to trend. Especially a family physician...

He's usually pretty good and provides any interesting perspective that you don't get else where but of course there's a huge caveat that he isn't doing any sort of examination on the player and is limited.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

KO3JZl@large.gif

Speatleysson

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
This is the same doctor who said Laine would be out for 4-6 months. I wouldn't worry too much.
He said it could be one of 4 things and he was right about one of them. Seeing what appears to be Tkachuk hurting his right shoulder two games in a row is quite concerning. No updates today makes me think they're looking for a second opinion or waiting for more tests/results.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
He said it could be one of 4 things and he was right about one of them. Seeing what appears to be Tkachuk hurting his right shoulder two games in a row is quite concerning. No updates today makes me think they're looking for a second opinion or waiting for more tests/results.

If Travis Green comes out and says that "he doesn't think that any are serious" and then it turns out that Tkachuk needs shoulder surgery, it's a pretty big blow to his credibility with the press at the very beginning of his tenure.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
This is the same doctor who said Laine would be out for 4-6 months. I wouldn't worry too much.
Isn't Laine out for 2-3 months? That's not wildly off considering he's only diagnosing off of a video. That's not to say he's correct or that what he's doing is even appropriate to begin with but dismissing him completely seems pretty out of place too.

Reactions: Speatleysson

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Isn't Laine out for 2-3 months? That's not wildly off considering he's only diagnosing off of a video. That's not to say he's correct or that what he's doing is even appropriate to begin with but dismissing him completely seems pretty out of place too.
Well considering he was at 4-6 months originally. He was off by 100%

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

I mean, I have no professional medical knowledge and I said "out for a few months" the first time I saw the hit on Laine.

I should start a twitter account.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Well considering he was at 4-6 months originally. He was off by 100%
Diagnosing it off of a video...dismiss it all you want but that's not far off considering he didn't do a physical evaluation. Also, if Laine's recovery ends up being 3 months and the low end of his diagnosis was 4 months, that's not 100% off.

I mean, I have no professional medical knowledge and I said "out for a few months" the first time I saw the hit on Laine.

I should start a twitter account.
Do it?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Diagnosing it off of a video...dismiss it all you want but that's not far off considering he didn't do a physical evaluation. Also, if Laine's recovery ends up being 3 months and the low end of his diagnosis was 4 months, that's not 100% off.

You're giving the guy credit for what was obvious to everyone watching the game.

He said surgery was required. It wasn't.

Now he's saying Tkachuk requires surgery. Let's see if he goes 0 for 2.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You're giving the guy credit for what was obvious to everyone watching the game.

Right....

He was way off.... What is even going on here haha. Anyone could have said a random time frame and they wouldnt have been far off. As there is no actual definition of 'far off'.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Right....

He was way off.... What is even going on here haha. Anyone could have said a random time frame and they wouldnt have been far off. As there is no actual definition of 'far off'.

I mean, it's entirely possible. We all saw Tkachuk moving his shoulder gingerly in the last two games.

But if it is so, it means:

1. Travis Green could not have possibly thought it wasn't serious and therefore lied to the press rather than deal with the fallout.

2. Our medical staff once again put a player with an injured shoulder into a game he shouldn't have been playing in, only this time in pre-season.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

I'm not giving him credit for anything, though. I'm just saying it doesn't make sense to completely dismiss his evaluation. Also, if you really wanna discuss what he actually said about the Laine situation, he laid out multiple potential injuries and their recovery timelines. I didn't see him anywhere say that he believed with certainty it was any of the 4 possibilities.

With Tkachuk, he said:
I believe Tkachuk either dislocated or partially dislocated his shoulder here and he likely did the same thing tonight

If this is happening this easily, can be concerning as may require surgery to repair the labrum (5+ months out)
He could be completely wrong about this. You know how we know? Because he's not doing physical evaluations or looking over any imaging. He's giving educated guesses. Feel free to dismiss him but an educated guess is significantly better than reckless speculation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad