Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) - Part XI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Watching Brady observe his brother and the Panthers and seeing what it takes to win Lord Stanley is the best off ice lesson he could ever get!
Now to bring back what he has learned to the Sen's room!
Time to really lead!

Reactions: Cosmix and Dionysus

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
One thing is for sure - you won't see Brady several beers deep singing "Mr. Brightside" at the bar anymore. Those years are part of every young guy's journey, of course, but he is now moving from early 20s party boy to mid 20s married dad - having a kid changes everything...

Reactions: Cosmix

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Since he’s gotten here Brady Takchuk has been the oxygen that kept this franchise alive, incredible for an 18 year old to now. New ownership and This season we don’t hear much about him as much as we did in the past and that’s such a good thing, pressure off his shoulders, it’s not up to him to try and save the franchise, he doesn’t have to be the teams best player, captain, content provider for the Instagram feed, and the cities #1 celebrity

Just love how now we just need Brady to be a hockey player, focus the players and not the entire city and franchise, there’s a team message, team culture, and Brady is just a part of it.

Love the support the Captain is getting now for Staois and Green - we’re going to see a new Brady Takchuk this year and he’ll be like Jamie Benn was on his hay day and the best player in the game

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Since he’s gotten here Brady Takchuk has been the oxygen that kept this franchise alive, incredible for an 18 year old to now. New ownership and This season we don’t hear much about him as much as we did in the past and that’s such a good thing, pressure off his shoulders, it’s not up to him to try and save the franchise, he doesn’t have to be the teams best player, captain, content provider for the Instagram feed, and the cities #1 celebrity

Just love how now we just need Brady to be a hockey player, focus the players and not the entire city and franchise, there’s a team message, team culture, and Brady is just a part of it.

Love the support the Captain is getting now for Staois and Green - we’re going to see a new Brady Takchuk this year and he’ll be like Jamie Benn was on his hay day and the best player in the game
I am on board with all of this BUT...

There is a long history of players having their first kid (or a baby in general) and having a somewhat off season. There is a big change to their routines, sleep patterns, etc.

I hope the fans will have some understanding if he isn't on top his game right away.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

There is a long history of players having their first kid (or a baby in general) and having a somewhat off season. There is a big change to their routines, sleep patterns, etc.

I hope the fans will have some understanding if he isn't on top his game right away.
Its truly legitimate with your first, you have no idea what you are doing. One advantage he does have is a very large bank account that can hire help with top end professionals if the baby is not a good sleeper, eater etc.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

There’s also a ton of history of athletes having kids and doing amazing things - Fred Van Fleet in the raptors run comes to mind, we see it everyday in sports and it’s a reason we love it.

I think with Giroux, Ullmark, D.P., and surrounded by guys like Poulin, Green, Alfie who have all done it before I doubt this becomes an issue

If there’s 1 thing Brady Tkachuk does better then hockey it’s family so I don’t see this impacting his game and if it does it’ll only be for the better while he makes his dreams come true. A Kid and a Stanley Cup in the same year would be very on brand for Brady Tkachuk.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
He could start the season slow but he began the season pretty well and set a new career high in goals after holding out for a contract last year and missing training camp.
That wasn’t last year, that was 2021.
Also someone else is having a baby in September, think it was Jensen, but not positive.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
bruce-garrioch.jpeg.256x256_q100_crop-smart.jpg

Now I'm not saying that Staios and Andlauer are going to shop Brady Tkachuk, but you have to imagine that they are upset that the young captain consulted with his wife and family when deciding whether to have a baby rather than going straight to management and clearing the situation. Historically, this team has had captains who walk to the beat of their own drum, like Erik Karlsson, who would dictate the practice schedule, but we saw how that ended with Pierre Dorion and Mr. Melnyk having to make the tough choice to send him away to craft a more mature room. An interesting facet of this entire situation is that the child Brady sired does not have trade protection, with Ottawa left with little in the room of trade assets, and Travis Hamonic potentially missing time after multiple knee operations, you have to wonder if they would listen on a trade if they could solve two problems at once, both Brady's sleep deprivation and the lack of a #6 defenseman. One unnamed executive told me earlier in the week that with Kent Hughes wife being baby crazy. Perhaps David Savard could come back to Ottawa for the little one.

Last edited:

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Brady was apparently calling college players and prospects drafted by the sens to check in on them randomly. He’s apparently been doing things like this since he was very young.

He’s also consistently been there to support his family.

Anyone who thought he wouldn’t be there to support his wife carrying their first child hasn’t been paying attention to the kind of guy Brady is. He’s got his priorities straight.

The sens are lucky to have him.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Brady was apparently calling college players and prospects drafted by the sens to check in on them randomly. He’s apparently been doing things like this since he was very young.

Anyone who thought he wouldn’t be there to support his wife carrying their first child hasn’t been paying attention to the kind of guy Brady is. He’s got his priorities straight.

All this - people who are talking about Brady having a kid with any concern are idiots and just small brained.

Parenting is the greatest thing you can do with your time besides being a kid. Brady seems like the exact type of man that will grow from having kids and not shrink or be resentful - kinda like his Dad. It’ll only make Brady a better Captain and the city is going to love this kid - nothing but positives

Reactions: Bileur and aragorn

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

I disagree.
We are VERY lucky to have him.

Reactions: Bileur

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
All this - people who are talking about Brady having a kid with any concern are idiots and just small brained.
Are you actually calling me an idiot and small brained because I said his home lifestyle will change dramatically and with potential sleep deprivation, he could have a slower start to the season? I don't see him just handing the kids off to a nanny, I expect him to be in the mix and enjoying all the aspects of fatherhood.
Parenting is the greatest thing you can do with your time besides being a kid. Brady seems like the exact type of man that will grow from having kids and not shrink or be resentful - kinda like his Dad. It’ll only make Brady a better Captain and the city is going to love this kid - nothing but positives
Who mentioned Brady being resentful about having kids? What a bizarre thing to say.

Reactions: Masked

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad