Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) - Part X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph Malfredsson

PhD in indiscreet street haggling
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2008
Not sure why there's excessively ridiculous call out by some, especially on some legit and worthwhile points that were made before. For example: Tkachuk still overpaid.

This whole "I told u so" is unbecoming of us. Sure, make a casual remark or a light jab, but what am I reading above? lol

Agree 100%.

Gentlemen we are all on the same team. I love you all. The board brings me great joy.

But I am sad when you fight.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
His skating seems to have improved and he is getting stronger, filling out. Could still improve his defensive skills though.

His skating is definitely better and he seems to have a lot more real power in his stride. Hi technique is getting better, he doesn't look like a bambi on skates as much as he did in previous years and I think he's deceptively fast since he has a much longer stride than he did before. Really encouraging to see him not only produce but actually look a lot better than he did in previous years. I think he still has a lot of potential from here on out, he can still get stronger and faster. Crazy to think how good he'll be when he get that man strength in him.

Reactions: Cosmix

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Not sure why there's excessively ridiculous call out by some, especially on some legit and worthwhile points that were made before. For example: Tkachuk still overpaid.

This whole "I told u so" is unbecoming of us. Sure, make a casual remark or a light jab, but what am I reading above? lol

Lol Tkachuk is already playing at a 70 pts+ level at barely 22. His $8m contract is going to look more than fair within a few years. Add to this his leadership qualities, toughness and great attitude, and I don't see how anyone can say otherwise.

Maybe you're just out to lunch bro.

HaveKnifeWillButcher

Apr 23, 2018
I argue that Brady needs to focus more defensively, stop wasting puck possession, and stop taking bad shots to be a more successful player.

He starts doing these very things to become more successful and now I have to walk back my claims of "shitting" on him for pointing out these things lol

Not to mention the blatant spread of misinformation about what my actual points were.

Honest conversation is impossible here when it comes to Brady.

When did this place turn into r/the_donald?
You've got to keep more up to date on your Trump derangement. r/the donald no longer exists. You'll have to satiate your Trump derangement on Patriots.win now.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
BT already 22th on the best forwards NHL rankings

Drake 36
Josh 51
I love Chucky so much I literally named my cat after him, but how is he above Drake? Drake has been just as good, if not better.

Those 2 are gonna be unstoppable when this team gets some depth behind them.

Reactions: Alex1234

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
I've never seen a captain of a 30th place team heralded this much from a hot streak... If Brady is worth the contract + C we'll certainly need to start seeing results on the scorecard. I'm not understanding the rush to call this contract a "steal" all the while we're sitting with MTL and ARI.

The C comes with responsibility..

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
Lol Tkachuk is already playing at a 70 pts+ level at barely 22. His $8m contract is going to look more than fair within a few years. Add to this his leadership qualities, toughness and great attitude, and I don't see how anyone can say otherwise.

Now how exactly does one quantify the leadership qualities in a 30th place team's captain? Great attitude?

Bathersons PPG is blowing Tkachuk's out of the water right now, with Norris right behind him. Are they lacking in attitude and leadership qualities? Or are there other undefined intangibles that somehow only benefit Tkachuk and no one else..

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I've never seen a captain of a 30th place team heralded this much from a hot streak... If Brady is worth the contract + C we'll certainly need to start seeing results on the scorecard. I'm not understanding the rush to call this contract a "steal" all the while we're sitting with MTL and ARI.

The C comes with responsibility..

If you think the reason we're in 30th place has anything to do with Tkachuk, Batherson, Norris, Chabot then you got this wrong.

The reason we're in 30th place is because our GM planned to have Matt Murray as the starter, MDZ-Zaitsev as a shutdown pairing, Stepan/Tierney/White as a 2nd line center, Gudbranson with Chabot. Tkachuk is doing his share and he's stepped it up significantly.

Look at McDavid, he was the best player in the league and Edmonton didn't make the playoffs 3 of his first 4 years. It didn't change the fact that he was the best player in the league and he was a good captain. It's very odd that you put so much pressure on one player from a 20 man unit when the 20 man unit is not constructed properly. I feel like that's obvious.

And it's also pretty common for players to get attention when they play well.

Last edited:

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Now how exactly does one quantify the leadership qualities in a 30th place team's captain? Great attitude?

Bathersons PPG is blowing Tkachuk's out of the water right now, with Norris right behind him. Are they lacking in attitude and leadership qualities? Or are there other undefined intangibles that somehow only benefit Tkachuk and no one else..
All of you looking to call someone out for hot BT takes...this is your guy right here.

Zub wasn't a believer but nowhere near this.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If you think the reason we're in 30th place has anything to do with Tkachuk, Batherson, Norris, Chabot then you got this wrong.

The reason we're in 30th place is because our GM planned to have Matt Murray as the starter, MDZ-Zaitsev as a shutdown pairing, Stepan/Tierney/White as a 2nd line center, Gudbranson with Chabot. Tkachuk is doing his share and he's stepped it up significantly.

Look at McDavid, he was the best player in the league and Edmonton didn't make the playoffs 3 of his first 4 years. It didn't change the fact that he was the best player in the league and he was a good captain. It's very odd that you put so much pressure on one player from a 20 man unit when the 20 man unit is not constructed properly. I feel like that's obvious.

He really has no clue what he is talking about. Good on you for taking the time to break it down.

If someone is watching the games and actually can't see that this team is carried by one line then just hangs on the rest of the game then I dunno.

His skating seems to have improved and he is getting stronger, filling out. Could still improve his defensive skills though.
Yeah he is a big bodied 22 year old he is gonna get better. He was always not even close to being done. Big guys take longer.

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

We aren't speaking in hindsight. Tkachuk absolutely did not deserve his contract. He 1000% was going to live up to it, I echoed that profusely-- even if its .5 too much. I was the biggest advocate to draft him and his biggest fan since day 1. But I am also realistic in managerial expectations.

With your logic, Batherson should have gotten 8 million as well cause I very well was insistent on here that he was going to be an elite top liner soon. But he got 5 million due to his production up to date. Tkachuk did NOT deserve 8.25 for his production to date.

Fact of the matter is we paid Tkachuk for what he COULD be(which is what we are seeing glimpses of now) instead of a mix of that plus his previous output.

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida

McDavid and Draisatl are both recipients of heavy criticism, especially now with the Oilers on an epic cold steak. It's getting so bad that I think that most fans are finding their point production comical & futile in many ways..

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
McDavid and Draisatl are both recipients of heavy criticism, especially now with the Oilers on an epic cold steak. It's getting so bad that I think that most fans are finding their point production comical & futile in many ways..
Wow, makes you think that there is more to the game than just scoring points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad