Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) - Part X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
To point out how ridiculous your original statement is?

And to give you an opportunity to change your mind on your previous posts about Brady?

You've been doing some near trolling in this thread. If you are going to make brutal takes then you shouldn't get upset when you get called out for it.

I don't think my post was that ridiculous. Maybe a little spicy, but Hughes does have more talent than Brady and like 99 percent of the league. And I really had not seen a Hughes like impact game from Brady at that point.

However Brady's next two games were by far the best two efforts I have seen from him and I haven't even seen the hat trick game. He is fully playing at a top line level over the last two weeks, having a 200 ft impact I have not seen from him before .

Much more focused defensive effort and showing a lot more poise when he makes plays instead of spamming shots. Basically all the things that I was being critical about him, so why would I be upset now that he seems to be improving on those things?

You thinking I am trolling is because you have put emotion into this when all we are doing is discussing a hockey players ability.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I don't think my post was that ridiculous. Maybe a little spicy, but Hughes does have more talent than Brady and like 99 percent of the league. And I really had not seen a Hughes like impact game from Brady at that point.

However Brady's next two games were by far the best two efforts I have seen from him and I haven't even seen the hat trick game. He is fully playing at a top line level over the last two weeks, having a 200 ft impact I have not seen from him before .

Much more focused defensive effort and showing a lot more poise when he makes plays instead of spamming shots. Basically all the things that I was being critical about him, so why would I be upset now that he seems to be improving on those things?

You thinking I am trolling is because you have put emotion into this when all we are doing is discussing a hockey players ability.

I think the biggest issue is some posters tend to really go all out on their position and have a really hard time remaining objective when it comes to their assessment of a player.

For example, why did you feel the need to be so convinced in your opinion that Brady was only ever going to be the player you personally thought he was? You left no room for the possibility that you might be wrong and that you might be a little rushed in your assessment of a player yet to even come close to his prime.

Brady is not some 28 year old who is pretty much what he is at that point, he was/is a young player with so much room to grow but you capped him off as a 3rd line, no skill, low potential guy who is less valuable than almost everyone picked in the top 10 of the 2018 draft.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
For example, why did you feel the need to be so convinced in your opinion that Brady was only ever going to be the player you personally thought he was? You left no room for the possibility that you might be wrong and that you might be a little rushed in your assessment of a player yet to even come close to his prime.

Brady is not some 28 year old who is pretty much what he is at that point, he was/is a young player with so much room to grow but you capped him off as a 3rd line, no skill, low potential guy who is less valuable than almost everyone picked in the top 10 of the 2018 draft.

you must be confusing me with someone else. I never said that there was no possibility I could be wrong or that Brady was a no skill 3rd line guy.

Where are you getting that from and why are you attributing it to me?

Last edited:

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
you must be confusing me with someone else. I never said that there was no possibility I could be wrong or that Brady was a no skill 3rd line guy.

You made your opinion on Brady very clear. Just own it, your PR campaign isn't working.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

I rarely confuse members. I am pretty sure if I go back a few pages and check past threads that I could find more than a few definite statements you made with regards to your opinion on Brady.

I do not like to do that however, bumping past posts just to put another member down is not my thing.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Brady as a whole is just playing a smarter game this year. Less bad angle shots on net and he's not falling down all the time like he did last year.

You mean last 10 games. First 10 he was still doing those things and worse. Last 10, specifically last 5, completely diff animal and distributor/decision maker.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I rarely confuse members. I am pretty sure if I go back a few pages and check past threads that I could find more than a few definite statements you made with regards to your opinion on Brady.

I do not like to do that however, bumping past posts just to put another member down is not my thing.

If you didn't than you wouldn't feel the need to bring it up in the first place.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015

You can do it. I'd actually like to see these posts where I call Brady a 3rd liner and the other stuff.

If you didn't than you wouldn't feel the need to bring it up in the first place.

The worst part is that it's not even true. He's putting words into my mouth I never said and getting mad at the words he put there.

Seems he doesn't like putting people down but doesn't mind fabricating claims to put them down.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
To be fair to @Agent Zub, I don’t remember him saying that either. He was mostly just adamant that we shouldn’t pay Brady 8 mil based on his production to that point and that he wasn’t elite to warrant that money at that point in time. A lot of people felt that way.

He also acknowledged in his post above that Brady’s last few games showed the impact he felt was missing before.

Reactions: Agent Zuuuub

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

Bring what up? It was not me who initially called him out, but welcome to the conversation because you and Agent Zub both deserve to eat crow with regards to Brady. Nothing wrong with that; just accept if you are going to be so staunch in your position about something that you prepare to face the heat if you are wrong.

You can do it. I'd actually like to see these posts where I call Brady a 3rd liner and the other stuff.

The worst part is that it's not even true. He's putting words into my mouth I never said and getting mad at the words he put there.

Seems he doesn't like putting people down but doesn't mind fabricating claims to put them down.

Ok so if I retract my accusation that you specifically referred to him as a 3rd liner (you are really trying to back track here), then will you admit the 100's of posts you made basically insinuated that your opinion of Brady is that he is so over rated and has no offensive skill to be a top 6 player? Because I can find a ton of those posts.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Bring what up? It was not me who initially called him out, but welcome to the conversation because you and Agent Zub both deserve to eat crow with regards to Brady. Nothing wrong with that; just accept if you are going to be so staunch in your position about something that you prepare to face the heat if you are wrong.

Ok so if I retract my accusation that you specifically referred to him as a 3rd liner (you are really trying to back track here), then will you admit the 100's of posts you made basically insinuated that your opinion of Brady is that he is so over rated and has no offensive skill to be a top 6 player? Because I can find a ton of those posts.

You think someone deserves to eat crow after a 5-10 game hot streak during which a player has double the shooting percentage he had the last two seasons?

You remind me of the people I was arguing with earlier this year that thought Tierney was back to being a good player after he had 4 goals practically bounce in off of him in his first 6 games, and those who thought Sanford was a quality pickup immediately following his hattrick against the Avs :laugh:

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
You think someone deserves to eat crow after a 5-10 game hot streak during which a player has double the shooting percentage he had the last two seasons?

You remind me of the people I was arguing with earlier this year that thought Tierney was back to being a good player after he had 4 goals practically bounce in off of him in his first 6 games, and those who thought Sanford was a quality pickup immediately following his hattrick against the Avs :laugh:

My opinion on Tkachuk has been consistent since he came into the league. I am simply making the same arguments now that I did before he signed his contract, and I have always seen Tkachuk as an important piece and not based solely on statistics. What he is doing now offensively is even exceeding my expectations of him, but I knew he would be a great player who could score 30 goals and 30 assists easily to go along with everything else he does. That is an elite and very rare package which is very valuable in my opinion.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
This thread has now become the "Agent Zub trying to walk back his dozens of posts shitting on Brady" thread.

I argue that Brady needs to focus more defensively, stop wasting puck possession, and stop taking bad shots to be a more successful player.

He starts doing these very things to become more successful and now I have to walk back my claims of "shitting" on him for pointing out these things lol

Not to mention the blatant spread of misinformation about what my actual points were.

Honest conversation is impossible here when it comes to Brady.

When did this place turn into r/the_donald?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I argue that Brady needs to focus more defensively, stop wasting puck possession, and stop taking bad shots to be a more successful player.

He starts doing these very things to become more successful and now I have to walk back my claims of "shitting" on him for pointing out these things lol

Not to mention the blatant spread of misinformation about what my actual points were.

Bro you spend the entirety of the negotiations shitting on him constantly, posting incessantly about how he wasn't worth anywhere near what nearly every expert thought he'd get. You're acting like you're being falsely attacked when you should be eating crow. Me thinks you need to take a good long look in the mirror instead of comparing the rest of us to maga nuts lol.

Reactions: Deku

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Bro you spend the entirety of the negotiations shitting on him constantly, posting incessantly about how he wasn't worth anywhere near what nearly every expert thought he'd get. You're acting like you're being falsely attacked when you should be eating crow. Me thinks you need to take a good long look in the mirror instead of comparing the rest of us to maga nuts lol.

that exactly it. for some here if you say anything remotely un-positive about Brady , even if its true, it's construed as shitting on him.

very maga like.

Reactions: Adrianopolous

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

When there are posts of you blatantly mocking Tkachuk's "intangibles", as if that is the only reason most people felt he was worth an overpayment, it kind of gives insight as to your intentions regarding said player.

Your argument over time became very obvious what you thought of Tkachuk, and it was more than "constructive criticism".

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton

Take a deep calming breath. No one is being staunch in their positions. I had my concerns with Tkachuk last year when it comes to his offensive skillset, which he seems to be answering, as of late.

I don't care about being right or wrong about a player. All I care about is winning. And as a fan, I do praise and criticize players, as I see them perform, in that present time. I am pretty sure I can speak for Agent Zub, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Not sure why there's excessively ridiculous call out by some, especially on some legit and worthwhile points that were made before. For example: Tkachuk still overpaid.

This whole "I told u so" is unbecoming of us. Sure, make a casual remark or a light jab, but what am I reading above? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad