Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Long term is definitely what the organization wants. Like I had previously mentioned I had heard 8.5 x 8

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
So...what's wrong with a 2-year bridge? A modest amount (maybe $5 mil per) for two years, and we offer an 8-year deal after that. Covers the 2 years of a flat cap, and pays him his worth in that time, while also allowing for salary growth when things start to open up. Chances are he doesn't turn into a 70-point player in those two years as well, so there's still a good chance of getting a reasonable 8-year deal afterwards (and at that point $8x8 is pretty reasonable). And also doesn't walk him directly to UFA status.

Reactions: thinkwild

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Draisaitl signed that deal 5 years ago. Player salaries go up its the natural trend.

Is this your justification? Drai was coming off back to back 70+ point seasons and hell of a playoff performance. 5 years, 2 years, whatever years, look at those making 8.5 and above. Heck, look at those making all the way down to 7.25. All are more accomplished or bonafide superstars.

Heiskanen just signed for less than 8.5 and he's a number 1 D who went PPG in playoffs to lead his team to cup finals last year.

I get the argument for 8 since we are absolutely in the mercy of Brady and have ZERO leverage, but more than 8 is just asinine.

Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Brady seems like the type of guy who wouldn't take more than Chabot. Set an internal cap on contracts at $8m unless you're an absolute no-brainer superstar that merits more.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Long term is definitely what the organization wants. Like I had previously mentioned I had heard 8.5 x 8

8 mill is sorta ridiculous for Brady, 8.5? In a world where the Makars and Heiskanens get that? Idk how this team is gonna compete at these prices.

What happens if Josh Norris puts up 60-70 points in the next two years? 8-9m? I get that physicality and Brady types are valuable in the playoffs. But two-way play is the real king of the NHL and you need the Norris/Pintos a lot more. Overpaying Brady will make all of them harder to sign.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Svechnikov, I hope we sign Brady after it.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Whatever I do not care what the cap hit is, we just need proof that our important players will commit here long term. Brady is the biggest one because this team is so so dependent on our US prospects to make it and stay long term in order for it to contender status. They see Brady commit, they won’t be so hesitant to do so as well when their deals are up. Talking about specifically about:
Norris, Sanderson, Pinto, Kleven, Boucher etc.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Yeah I think Landeskog is Brady's best case scenario in terms of production, and the intangibles are similar. The Landeskog deal could be considered as a discount to play on a contender though. (I don't think it is)

Reactions: Yak
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad