Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk (LW) - Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It is a complete crap. In what century people are still living? Nobody needs an agitator, asshole and a clown during a regular season for a playoff team. You go out on the ice, get those two points, winning on skills and putting less effort to prepare yourselves for playoffs. No drama, no emotions, methodical, business us usual. Get in and get out. Secure a playoff spot and prepare to be a machine for a battle, one team, one dream. For a team who will win the Stanley Cup, you need the best player to be a captain, not the best asshole. That' why drafting Sanderson, was a huge mistake. When you have to take a risk to get your quarterback - an elite centre. You can not complete a rebuild without a quarterback centre. Perfetti will be the one for the ages. Absolutely insane not to draft this guy. When with three elite players, you just need an elite goalie and 4 good +/- d-men. When we actually have in Zub and had in Dylan DeMelo. It is a simple moneyball, you get a player who can get on a base, you get a d-man, who can give you +10-20 during a season. That's it, that's all.
Sorry I just dont think you have a good handle on just about anything when it comes to this team, massive extreme bias's towards russian players. If you dont think this type of player is valuable then you likely never competed in this sport. Perfetti doesnt even play center. Poor skater, Sanderson is a much better prospect, he is going to play in all situations for this team for a very long time.

Reactions: aragorn and cudi

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Brady and Chabot are the faces of the franchise in a rebuild. Havlat had none of that going for him at all.

In terms of negotiating, no one is going to push for a hold out as neither side will want to tarnish what has been a love affair, and when the goal is a long term relationship.

If they can’t get Brady to sign a long term deal, then we happily sign a bridge deal and then he works his ass off to earn a pay day, and PD works his ass off to give Brady every excuse he needs to stay.

Brady is in a very unique position to be a Hero in big/small Canadian market. The face of a Canadian franchise. There isn’t a US team that can offer that to him at the moment in my opinion. I don’t see why we need to be worried that he already wants to leave, he is currently getting to have a franchise built around him.

That is how legends are born.

Well Hossa was the face of the franchise and we didn't re-sign him til the end of august.

At no point have we been in the business of signing young RFAs to whatever they want.

They hold leverage compared to worse players, but the ball is still in the teams court.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Well Hossa was the face of the franchise and we didn't re-sign him til the end of august.

At no point have we been in the business of signing young RFAs to whatever they want.

They hold leverage compared to worse players, but the ball is still in the teams court.

Eh I never claimed that we signed players for what they wanted.

It’s not a difficult process unless the two sides disagree on the player’s value. I don’t see there being much to argue about here besides term.

In truth the examples being used are Hossa and Havlat, two players from two management teams ago.

We haven’t struggled singing the RFA’s we want for a long time now.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Imagine if they signed him 8 years within the next couple of hours and bam! hes at the podium (zoom) making our 1st round pick announcement.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Eh I never claimed that we signed players for what they wanted.

It’s not a difficult process unless the two sides disagree on the player’s value. I don’t see there being much to argue about here besides term.

In truth the examples being used are Hossa and Havlat, two players from two management teams ago.

We haven’t struggled singing the RFA’s we want for a long time now.
Mark Stone in 2018. He signed the one year UFA contracct so he can get the f*** out of here.

Mookie McGee

Mar 4, 2020
I am hoping Tkachuk is waiting to see if Euge is really going to spend near the cap as promised before he signs, thinking that playing his crash and smash style will get old with a future of no playoff or marginal playoff teams.

As a fan, that seems like the only leverage to get Euge to pony up instead of going on the cheap to try to squeeze out a few extra pennies.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I am hoping Tkachuk is waiting to see if Euge is really going to spend near the cap as promised before he signs, thinking that playing his crash and smash style will get old with a future of no playoff or marginal playoff teams.

As a fan, that seems like the only leverage to get Euge to pony up instead of going on the cheap to try to squeeze out a few extra pennies.

Eugene is going to spend the same amount of money he always does - at least the same as he has last few years.

really your post should read … “Brady is waiting to see if any fans will go to games and fuel any payroll increases for this team”.

Increase to Team spending are 98% linked to ticket revenue, not charitable owner donations. Right or wrong, love it or hate it it’s part of the plan.

Reactions: aragorn

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

If I were Tkachuk, I sure as shit would have that high on my list as a requirement or im out.

He certainly wouldn't give a shit where it comes from, but I'm sure he'd like to know he'll be playing for a real NHL team that has at least a slim hope of competing, which you can't do on ~70% of the cap ceiling.

Last edited:

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Increase to Team spending are 98% linked to ticket revenue, not charitable owner donations. Right or wrong, love it or hate it it’s part of the plan.

There are other sources of revenue than ticket sales. TV contracts, expansion fees, sponsorships...
Some of these have gone up, significantly, without a proportionate impact on payroll.

Thinking there's some sort of 1:1 relationship between ticket sales, specifically, and payroll is foolish.

Even if the team sells out every game, the payroll won't go up. We have an upper limit of ~$65-70M, and that's it. More fans at games won't move that needle.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Wow Makar 9m for 6 years.

If you pay a guy this much you need him to be the best player on the ice. Especially if you're a penny pinching budget team.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Wow Makar 9m for 6 years.

If you pay a guy this much you need him to be the best player on the ice. Especially if you're a penny pinching budget team.
Seeing that and the Heiskanen contract I don't know how Brady has the gall to ask for more than $6-$7 million per.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Why does the team need to spend any money now when they are rebuilding & the team is full of young guys? Sign the guys you have to the best contract they will agree to & move on. No need to bring in expensive players yet until you find out what these young guys can do & where this team is at & who needs to be replaced.

Reactions: pzeeman and PlayOn

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Seeing that and the Heiskanen contract I don't know how Brady has the gall to ask for more than $6-$7 million per.

It would be tough to explain. I wonder if they bring up the intangibles angle lol.

In isolation Makar is so stupidly a better player that Brady shouldn't be within 4 mill of what Makar makes.

Last edited:
Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
It would be tough to explain. I wonder if they bring up the intagibles angle lol.

In isolation Makar is so stupidly a better player that Brady shouldn't be within 4 mill of what Makar makes.
BT is elite physically,and will knock out Makar in front of the net??..Lol

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If I were Tkachuk, I sure as shit would have that high on my list as a requirement or im out.

He certainly wouldn't give a shit where it comes from, but I'm sure he'd like to know he'll be playing for a real NHL team that has at least a slim hope of competing, which you can't do on ~70% of the cap ceiling.

Ottawa is probably 2 to 3 yrs away before they need to start increasing their cap & most likely it will be done gradually as the team improves. It's likely going up a little bit this yr with some contracts although they got rid of a number of contracts too. But as these young guys need new contracts the cap will go up, they are moving towards a playoff team & will add as required. It will never be like NYR or some other teams because of the market & depending how ticket sales go, that's just the reality. Why bring in a $10 mil player look how it handcuffs some teams.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I assure you Makar is that good.
So is Brady you are just to blind to see it. Ottawa has plenty of skill why you keep saying they only have Stutzle is absolute nonsense, they finished ahead of a number of teams last yr when they were suppose to finish last. Do those teams not have any skill either? Maybe you have no clue. What is your expertise in this area?

Reactions: Samsquanch

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I just want him signed and a letter C on his chest...This rebuild isnt going to go well if he isnt here.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad