Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk: Episode 4 - A new hope

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
My math is terrible, but I'm pretty sure if Tkachuk is named captain early enough in the off season, he becomes the youngest captain in NHL history....how tempted are the Senators to use that marketing angle?

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
How Mark Stone was treated by Eugene Melnyk will no doubt impact Brady Tkachuk down the line. They're good friends, mentor and mentee. Tkachuk's uncle is Stone's agent. That entire family knows what went on.

These things matter. What happened with Alfredsson, and Turris, during contract negotiations was a big contributor to the animosity that grew between Melnyk and Karlsson over the years.

Let's hope it's not the same this time around.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Chabot should be the Captain. I also see Batherson as a captain material in near future

I'd rather Ceci or Boro be the captain if they are going to name Tkachuk the captain.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Chabot should be the Captain. I also see Batherson as a captain material in near future

I'd rather Ceci or Boro be the captain if they are going to name Tkachuk the captain.
White??His determined play has some good leadership traits that come with it

Acidrain66

Jun 13, 2018
Speaking of that...

Is anyone worried that Brady might request trade?

He must be heart broken that Stone was traded. I could see his dad sticking up for his son and telling management what’s-what.
Oh he gone!! Ask pops

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Speaking of that...

He must be heart broken that Stone was traded. I could see his dad sticking up for his son and telling management what’s-what.

Dorion should be worried about what Keith might do to him first.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Speaking of that...

Yep him and Chabot TBH

Reactions: Cosmix

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Speaking of that...

I wrote about this possibility a while ago(when he was drafted). Yup it should be a concern.

Reactions: Daffy

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I wrote about this possibility a while ago(when he was drafted). Yup it should be a concern.

Except that everything about Brady screams professional, and young players asking for trades before they are finished their ELC can often result in a stigma that follows them.

I don't know if you noticed, but the team is building around Brady. I'm sure asking for Norris from SJ was done with Brady in mind.

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
Ottawa should play without a Captain next year.

None of our veterans are good enough to be Captain and it's too soon for any of our young players.

I'd go as far as say give Pager the single 'A' and that's it. He's the only vet who leads by example, the rest are all dead weight.

Brady probably will be the next captain in two years, it will be dark times until he's fed up and requests a trade.

Speatleysson

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
I really think the team should stay away from naming tkachuk captain. Let the players decide over another season or 2 who their leader is in the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad