Confirmed with Link: Braden Schneider Signed: 2 years / $2.2m

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Schneider has grown on me. For a guy of his size and profile, he moves the puck really well. He's gonna be a really good modern defender as he continues to develop.

He’s also a physical player which helps at times. His second effort is pretty impressive too. He saved some 2 on 1 this past season by effort and being in the right spot. He does need to be better as the rest of the Rangers defense to clearing the crease and eliminate those 2ed and 3rd wacks at the puck and late wacks at Igor. Late wacks at Igor need to be taken care of.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Slow brew this lad and we'll have ourselves a bigger and more mobile Kevin Klein but finding that game at a much earlier age.
Klein is a really good comp:

-Can move the puck surprisingly well
-Probably overrated defensively but passable
-Can fight extremely well if he has to
-Not overly physical but can go to work on the walls

I would sign up for a bigger, faster Kevin Klein.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Pretty expensive deal for a third pairing defenseman who seems to have dedicated his off-season this year to weddings rather than being on the ice improving his game.
So, mostly everyone is thrilled with this signing and some wanted longer term. So, if it's your sister or brother you don't go to the wedding? Perhaps your best friend? You don't go? What I do know is, "I" don't dedicate "my life" paying special attention to Rangers players (off season) and how many weddings they attend. But, you do you. Maybe Trouba shouldn't be painting and working for charities so HE can work to improve his defense? Ugggh. Regardless, Happy this signing worked out on both ends.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Klein is a really good comp:

-Can move the puck surprisingly well
-Probably overrated defensively but passable
-Can fight extremely well if he has to
-Not overly physical but can go to work on the walls

I would sign up for a bigger, faster Kevin Klein.
Need to see what happens when this kid gets his ear bitten off.

That game was rock star shit from Klein, wew.

• Wow
Reactions: Machinehead

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
So, mostly everyone is thrilled with this signing and some wanted longer term. So, if it's your sister or brother you don't go to the wedding? Perhaps your best friend? You don't go? What I do know is, "I" don't dedicate "my life" paying special attention to Rangers players (off season) and how many weddings they attend. But, you do you. Maybe Trouba shouldn't be painting and working for charities so HE can work to improve his defense? Ugggh. Regardless, Happy this signing worked out on both ends.
Larry, you're our man in South Florida but c'mon - you got to know that that take from that poster means sarcasms overboard (your partial excuse is that that exact take wouldn't be a surprising from some "locals" who look for anger triggers)

Reactions: bhamill

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
This is a fine and fair deal from both sides. Personally I think this organization doesn't use 3-year bridges enough. Look at the structure from a cash perspective - there's about a $1m increase from year one to year two (year one cash is also bigger than his last ELC). Adding another year with another $1m increase would've only increase AAV by $333K. If needed - could've gone by slightly more than $1m to make it $400K even etc.

Reactions: bhamill

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Fox was the only one and was older. Rangers need to do this with Lafréniere
Fox, Shesterkin, they prob try it with Lafreniere. You do this with stars. Otherwise a wrong gamble or two and you decimate your cap. I’m sure some would’ve locked up Kakko and/or Chytil for the next 6 or 7 years. How would that look?

Ad

Ad

Ad