Confirmed with Link: Braden Schneider Signed: 2 years / $2.2m

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Other teams get it done. And Laf and Miller situation is feeds right into my original point. Like I say it is what it is. How the NYR do business.
They didn't with Fox. Also people were calling Laf a major bust last year at this time and the jury was still out on him. Where they supposed to sign him long term last off season given that situation?

Last edited:

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I wonder why Rangers never sign a young player long term to make it a bargain in the future. They rather have overpaid vets on the team instead of overpaid youngsters 🤔
Takes 2 to tango.

Say Drury wanted a 5 year deal and Schneider wouldn't commit to that term unless the number started with a 6. Then what? You would be ok with that?

A lot of you guys complain about the lack of long term deals, assuming the franchise is afraid to make a commitment. I bet a lot of the time it's on the players. They prefer the bridge and bet on themselves taking that next step. Especially knowing the cap will continue to rise over the years.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Great deal, further shows Drury didn't utilize his cap space for this upcoming season though
What cap space? The Rangers have just over 5 mil left, and Lindgren will eat up a good chunk of that.
I wonder why Rangers never sign a young player long term to make it a bargain in the future. They rather have overpaid vets on the team instead of overpaid youngsters 🤔
Because we rarely have the cap space to do so. Even if we had the cap space this year, every dollar we give Schneider now is one less we have to give to Laf, Miller and Shesty next summer.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
What cap space? The Rangers have just over 5 mil left, and Lindgren will eat up a good chunk of that.

Because we rarely have the cap space to do so. Even if we had the cap space this year, every dollar we give Schneider now is one less we have to give to Laf, Miller and Shesty next summer.
I understand that but, they never did this with young players like most of the teams do nowadays. No issues overpaying a older player, but never a young player where it could be a bargain

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Pretty expensive deal for a third pairing defenseman who seems to have dedicated his off-season this year to weddings rather than being on the ice improving his game.
The Brendan Smith Plan

I understand that but, they never did this with young players like most of the teams do nowadays. No issues overpaying a older player, but never a young player where it could be a bargain
Fox?

Reactions: Barnaby and Kendo

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
Would have loved a longer deal. Feel like we're going to be paying him much more when this one expires with the rising cap and his performance.

Now, the real contract is all that is left. Drury cannot go more than 1 year with Lindgren. It's either that or trade him. Not up for discussion.

This is the Rangers MO

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I understand people wanting to sign Schneider to a longer term but that takes more money and they only have 5 mil to work with this year and still have to sign Lindgren and have a little cushion. Plus they need every dollar next year. It is what it is. Still a good deal.

• Love
Reactions: RangersFan1994

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
He already has? He's going to be a very long-time NHLer.

Need to see a lot more, him and Miller together were not good. Lavi didn’t just go back to one foot Trouba and Miller for the fun of it in the playoffs.

He was good with Gus in the regular season, so worst case you would hope him and Jones could work out as a third pair.

I don’t see Miller and Schneider lasting more than 20 games next year before Trouba is back with Miller if that’s the plan to start training camp.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Need to see a lot more, him and Miller together were not good. Lavi didn’t just go back to one foot Trouba and Miller for the fun of it in the playoffs.

He was good with Gus in the regular season, so worst case you would hope him and Jones could work out as a third pair.

I don’t see Miller and Schneider lasting more than 20 games next year before Trouba is back with Miller if that’s the plan to start training camp.
That’s fine, but to essentially say he’s shown nothing is a strange take.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Thing is we're used to seeing bad defense that Schneider looks downright good, though he's doing what an above-average defenseman ought to be doing.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad