Brad Treliving is doing a great job.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
I am beginning to think you are trolling... he was forced to make a bad trade and then sign the player to a huge overpayment?

You'll do anything but criticize him...

The applause ended the first time the players stepped on the ice, so it was a good trade on paper and nothing more, it seems like this board should be against good things on paper that don't translate to the ice, and they probably shouldn't want a GM who made good moves on paper only.
So Huberdeau (100 pt player), Weegar is a solid dman, and a 1st pick isn’t a good haul for a player that forced them to trade him to Florida?

Didnt you say Tkachuk was awful anyway and a playoff no-show? Or was that your alter-ego Dekes?

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
What makes a great GM and a good GM is the gambles that paid off and winning the Cup.
Dubas gambles and betted on the wrong horses, his problem was not so much as betting on the wrong horses but continued to double and triple down.
Tre been playing it safe but then again, what can he do? Most of the players he inherited are not tradable and those that are, he needs them on the team. Literally not draft picks and top prospects.
If Tre brings the Cup, he will be the best GM in Leafs modern era.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Well next offseason he’s going to have so much on his plate dealing with Marner and Tavares that I don’t think it’s fair to judge him on 25/26, I think the 2026 offseason is where we REALLY get to see Brads team come together. Maybe 2027 if there’s not enough flexibility in 2026.

Well that's potentially Matthews last year. So If that's the case Tre may have cut things too close

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
So Huberdeau (100 pt player), Weegar is a solid dman, and a 1st pick isn’t a good haul for a player that forced them to trade him to Florida?

Didnt you say Tkachuk was awful anyway and a playoff no-show? Or was that your alter-ego Dekes?

Results show the trade sucked.

I said Tkachuk was a no-show, his stats might be around Marner's now (not sure anymore, haven't checked).

Was the trade good? Explain how.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad