Brad Treliving is doing a great job.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He makes $4M and I am projecting he will get $5M on his next deal, that will cost us $3M more per year because we are only paying him $2M of his current $4M.

Woll was out number one heading into the season and that doesn't change because of a three game injury, not even a serious one.

I know he appears injury prone, but that was the case when they signed him to a three year extension.

It's not about the current injury.

It's about the 3 months he missed last year, and game 7,and NOW the current injury.

He's ALWAYS injured.

I'm a Woll guy he's extremely talented but it doesn't count or matter if every little thing takes him out.

If you are constantly hurt eventually you become a bitch boy.

He hasn't quite reached bitch boy status but he's on his way

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
It's not about the current injury.

It's about the 3 months he missed last year, and game 7,and NOW the current injury.

He's ALWAYS injured.

I'm a Woll guy he's extremely talented but it doesn't count or matter if every little thing takes him out.

If you are constantly hurt eventually you become a bitch boy.

He hasn't quite reached bitch boy status but he's on his way
I get that. I am telling you that the Leafs knew about all of the injuries you just listed and signed him to a three year deal. They are not going to change course on who is number one just because he is a week late starting the season.

I believe they may have felt that this would be a 1a/1b situation and Woll is 1a. They also think Murray is #3 and just not ready yet. We have four or five strong goalies, it's the best G shape we have been in in years.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I would JT at 4 years * $3M. The rising cap, he will be effective still and he has earned it. It's a good number.

I would give Marner 8 x $11.5M right now without full NMC or wait until after the playoffs to talk contract and be prepared to let him walk.
NMC is standard for top end guys.
Any idea who the highest paid player without one is?

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
NMC is standard for top end guys.
Any idea who the highest paid player without one ?
That's a good question, I don't know if any high end players don't have them. I said not a full NMC and I don't expect him to sign it, I was just saying what contract I would sign him to BEFORE the playoffs.

Reactions: ACC1224

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad