Confirmed with Link: Bowers for Kinkaid

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Soooo why did we even sign JoJo if the intent wasn’t for him to be our third goalie. What a f***ing questionable trade unless we’re shipping out Annunen and want to ensure depth.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Love Francouz but he can't be relied upon to be our backup. Too injury prone. Still seems like a odd goalie to target with the many that hit waivers.

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Probably something to shore up the 3G spot considering JoJo and Annunen are pretty awful. And well. Frank is perpetually hurt.

I dont know that Kinkaid is actually an upgrade on JoJo or Annunen though. He has worse numbers in the AHL.

Plus Annunen played well enough in his last game. This feels more like protecting Annunen from the NHL

Reactions: katfude

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Don't mind more goalie depth...Bowers was never going to be anything here, even if Boston manages to get a bottom-sixer out of him. I suspect he's probably requested a trade for some time as well.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Weird trade. Even if Frankie is hurt worse than we thought, Kincaid isn’t an NHL quality goaltender.

I don’t care about the Bowers part but I just find Kincaid as a target being strange. Wonder are they possibly looking at a trade that involves Annunen?

Reactions: The Pwnerer

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
People read too much into this. It's clearly the Avs doing a favor to Bowers. He had no value and the Avs wanted the best goalie they could get for him. Which is Kinkaid.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Soooo why did we even sign JoJo if the intent wasn’t for him to be our third goalie. What a f***ing questionable trade unless we’re shipping out Annunen and want to ensure depth.
Who cares? The fact that they send down Jojo and bring up Annunen everytime he's scheduled to play should tell you all you need to know about what the organization thinks about him. Bowers was on waivers this season so he has no value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad