Player Discussion Bowen Byram - LHD (4th OA 2019 - Trade with Avs 3-6-2024) 22 YO - Signed Thru 2024-25 $3.85 Million Cap Hit (RFA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
when the model absolutely hates you

Woof. Yeah, that’s what was afraid of when this trade initially happened. Then Bo came out flying the first few games and started winning me over, but of course that couldn’t last. Hopefully the new coaching staff can get this kid to start unlocking his potential.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Woof. Yeah, that’s what was afraid of when this trade initially happened. Then Bo came out flying the first few games and started winning me over, but of course that couldn’t last. Hopefully the new coaching staff can get this kid to start unlocking his potential.

He addresses that in the interview. Started over thinking instead of playing free and tried to adapt to what wasn't much of a system on the fly.

I love how he completely agrees he didn't have a great season and is determined to get on track. I think he has all the talent. I also like he'll be playing with Cozens and Power on Team Canada.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
I'm for it, I don't trust Sammy to play 82, so I'd prefer to sign a 2nd Sammy.
Which ever player out there is closest to a right-handed Sammy with more durability is exactly who I want.
As does every other team in the league that doesn't have such a player, but still.

Now that he’s 23 we can say he never lived up to expectations.
One is never too young to not live up to expectations.

Reactions: joshjull

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
He addresses that in the interview. Started over thinking instead of playing free and tried to adapt to what wasn't much of a system on the fly.

I love how he completely agrees he didn't have a great season and is determined to get on track. I think he has all the talent. I also like he'll be playing with Cozens and Power on Team Canada.
I hope he finds his way. He's been underwhelming for a few years now, no? It's hard to blame coaching when he struggled on the Avs, too.

He's a young D man, so he gets a longer leash, but it's a worrisome trend. Man, I hope this trade doesn't smack is right in the face.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Now that he’s 23 we can say he never lived up to expectations.

Good one. It's going to be interesting to see how some of these kids perform under Ruff. When all is said and done, even an older Lindy is probably a better-quality coach than Buffalo has seen since... Lindy? There is just no denying Byram's natural talent. Ruff talked about using two D on PP so I suspect this kid's stats will show PP time.

Reactions: buffalowing88

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Good one. It's going to be interesting to see how some of these kids perform under Ruff. When all is said and done, even an older Lindy is probably a better-quality coach than Buffalo has seen since... Lindy? There is just no denying Byram's natural talent. Ruff talked about using two D on PP so I suspect this kid's stats will show PP time.

If there's one thing Lindy would do, at least around his best years, it was lean on defensemen. I miss 96-05 Ruff who would lean on players who he could depend on. Zhitnik and Smehlik would play well over like 24 minutes a game and Warrener and McKee weren't far behind.

If Byram fits that mold, lets start putting more tread on his tires. Lord knows that Dahlin is going to be out there at all consequential points in the game.

Reactions: Dingo44

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
If there's one thing Lindy would do, at least around his best years, it was lean on defensemen. I miss 96-05 Ruff who would lean on players who he could depend on. Zhitnik and Smehlik would play well over like 24 minutes a game and Warrener and McKee weren't far behind.

If Byram fits that mold, lets start putting more tread on his tires. Lord knows that Dahlin is going to be out there at all consequential points in the game.

Unless Ruff has been severely defanged, these kids will face scrutiny and be rewarded for the right things.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I don’t think he gets enough credit for his high potential here, he’s seen more as a misfit given our D core, but I don’t think that’s totally fair. Very excited to see him under Ruff
I think nobody is questioning his potential.
Further if it was wise to have a similar type of player on LD were we have already plenty.
The question will be if he gets enough opportunity with to players clearly ahead of him.
It will depend on his usage.
With everyone healthy he probably wont see any PP1 time.
Nevertheless I hope he gives Power a run for his money.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I don’t think he gets enough credit for his high potential here, he’s seen more as a misfit given our D core, but I don’t think that’s totally fair. Very excited to see him under Ruff

I'm not down on him. I would have just preferred to keep Mitts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad