Value of: Bottom pairing PMD to the Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The Rangers need a bottom pairing PMD. We could trade you a young bottom pairing DFD like McIlrath or younger bottom six forwards like Lindberg, Hrivik, Jensen. If you want, maybe a late pick or lower level prospect. Could be a lefty or righty. Just looking to add some more skating, puck moving, and points to the defense. Could also be a fringe NHL PMD prospect who's not good enough for your NHL team, but could be for ours.

If you want to offer a player better than bottom pairing, you can, but I'm not sure we want to pay that much, so I think the market is probably bottom pairing defenseman instead of top 4 defenseman.

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
But you could just sign Matt Bartkowski! The player who is only good in one zone... the neutral zone.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
10216137.jpg

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
We have no room on the left side. The right side, we don't have room either, unless somebody goes. It doesn't make much sense to trade McIlrath for another fringe player. We have a log jam on defense until we can get rid of a Girardi or Staal.

McDonagh
Klein
Holden
Staal
SkJEI
Girardi
McIlrath
Clendening
Summers
Paliotta

Adding another bottom pairing fringe player is useless. If we're looking for a really good bottom pairing player, that's fine, but somebody clearly needs to go.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I'd throw Ryan Murphy out there, but in all likelihood he's here to play his 35 games and be exposed for the expansion draft.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
We have no room on the left side. The right side, we don't have room either, unless somebody goes. It doesn't make much sense to trade McIlrath for another fringe player. We have a log jam on defense until we can get rid of a Girardi or Staal.

McDonagh
Klein
Holden
Staal
SkJEI
Girardi
McIlrath
Clendening
Summers
Paliotta

Adding another bottom pairing fringe player is useless. If we're looking for a really good bottom pairing player, that's fine, but somebody clearly needs to go.

This ^
also not crazy about a decent prospect for a guy who is likely to be no big whoop.

I'd throw Ryan Murphy out there, but in all likelihood he's here to play his 35 games and be exposed for the expansion draft.

Murphy is more like it.
Throw in on a deal, Stepan to Canes.
prob solved:yo:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
offer Wisniewski a PTO
I would be fine with that.
no
step backward
older
can't hand out contracts, even if cheap(er) -- adds up and then you're screwed if you need cap $

Bern, there is literally zero downside to offering Hunwick a cheap, 1 year deal. If he sucks, we can bury him and wouldn't be charged a dime on our cap. Your obsession with youth will get in the way but you do need some veterans on a team. You can't with a cup with a team that has an average age of 20 years old.

Mad Brills*

Bern, there is literally zero downside to offering Hunwick a cheap, 1 year deal. If he sucks, we can bury him and wouldn't be charged a dime on our cap. Your obsession with youth will get in the way but you do need some veterans on a team. You can't with a cup with a team that has an average age of 20 years old.

Leafs still have hunwick for one more year.

A 6th is good enough for me.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

Isn't Hunwick still on Toronto?

He's probably like their 4th best D considering how bad their D is, instead of giving up an asset for him might as well sign one of UFA D left later in the year or wait and see who's on waivers to star the year.

Richter35

Oct 30, 2006

Hunwick is signed with TO, so you'd have to trade for him.

Agreed with previous post, no new people unless somebody goes. They got Holden and signed Clendening for a reason. Maybe they view Clendening in the Diaz mold, #6/7 with PP upside. Unless there's a significant rebound from Staal and someone like Skjei really runs with it this team will have a tough time moving the puck out of the zone when McDonagh is off the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad