GDT: Boston Bruins vs. Tampa Bay Lightning - POSTPONED!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Governor supposed to be making a statement soon. Speculation is travel ban will be lifted. Has nothing to do with game but more so because tens of thousands without power. This will allow them to seek shelters or head to friends and family. Otherwise could freeze to death tonight.

reidy

@reidjjackson
Well, I was considering that the authorities might not want a lot of people traveling. Allowing fans in would only encourage people to take unnecessary risk in getting to the game (not everyone has common sense when it comes to traveling in large amounts of snow). Also, if you allow fans into the game you would need to have security workers, concessions workers, etc. Not sure they could get them all to the Garden. That's the basis of my suggestion.
Gotcha. Makes sense. Felt like you were trying to be the Fun Police at first, and nobody's gonna snow on my parade today unless it's the Bruins themselves.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I don't see why you'd close the game off to fans, just let those with tickets who can make it in allowed in. I plan on being there and I know many of my friends do also.

If there's a travel ban and no public transportation, there is literally no way for people to attend, unless you live within a mile or so from the Garden. And that's assuming you're in physical condition that would allow you to walk through the snow that far. I can see why people would be pissed if the game is on and they can't get there.

If the travel ban is lifted and people have the option to attend, then they at least have the ability to make their own decision about whether or not to go. If I lived within walking distance, I'd love to be there, but I'm not walking 5+ miles in this crap.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
46 assorted players, coaches, and refs.

My guess is the coaches, players, refs/linesmen, NESN production team etc all stayed in hotels close by.

People within walking distance will attend, but beyond that I don't see how many people make it to this game.

I am wondering if the team will even be able to get out of Boston for the Buffalo game (thinking they may have to leave tomorrow morning).

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Gotcha. Makes sense. Felt like you were trying to be the Fun Police at first, and nobody's gonna snow on my parade today unless it's the Bruins themselves.

No problem. I hope everyone who can attend will be able to attend. Would create an intriguing atmosphere.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
If there's a travel ban and no public transportation, there is literally no way for people to attend, unless you live within a mile or so from the Garden. And that's assuming you're in physical condition that would allow you to walk through the snow that far. I can see why people would be pissed if the game is on and they can't get there.

If the travel ban is lifted and people have the option to attend, then they at least have the ability to make their own decision about whether or not to go. If I lived within walking distance, I'd love to be there, but I'm not walking 5+ miles in this crap.

I am bored to tears and really hope this game is played. Sucks for the peeps with tickets, but it would be pretty cool to see what the game played in front of 1000 fans. I wish I lived within walking distance because I would brave the elements.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I am bored to tears and really hope this game is played. Sucks for the peeps with tickets, but it would be pretty cool to see what the game played in front of 1000 fans. I wish I lived within walking distance because I would brave the elements.

I also hope it's played. I'm going out of my mind.

I sold these tickets weeks ago so no skin off my back.

praline43

Sep 15, 2010
If the game is played, can someone recommend a decent place to park? The games I've been to (only lived here a year) I've parked at Forest Hills and taken the train to North Station, but that's out of the question today. Going solo as well so I'd like to avoid the 30 dollar lots if possible.

Thanks for any help.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
If the game is played, can someone recommend a decent place to park? The games I've been to (only lived here a year) I've parked at Forest Hills and taken the train to North Station, but that's out of the question today. Going solo as well so I'd like to avoid the 30 dollar lots if possible.

Thanks for any help.

Your options are going to be extremely limited for parking. I would recommend parking in a garage as opposed to a lot since you don't know what lots are plowed.

Brewin

Nov 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Governor supposed to be making a statement soon. Speculation is travel ban will be lifted. Has nothing to do with game but more so because tens of thousands without power. This will allow them to seek shelters or head to friends and family. Otherwise could freeze to death tonight.

Wait. What? I've never experienced a travel ban before - just local police advising public to stay off the roads. Are you telling me if you're freezing to death in your house and your family has power a few miles away you can't go there? What happens if you get caught travelling? I would think cops have bigger things to deal with than hauling over a family in a minivan driving 5mph in a snowstorm. Am I missing something about this ban?

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Wait. What? I've never experienced a travel ban before - just local police advising public to stay off the roads. Are you telling me if you're freezing to death in your house and your family has power a few miles away you can't go there? What happens if you get caught travelling? I would think cops have bigger things to deal with than hauling over a family in a minivan driving 5mph in a snowstorm. Am I missing something about this ban?

$500 fine and up to a year in jail.

If there's an emergency, I'm sure anyone caught traveling would be considered on a case by case basis.

8spokesontheB

Cry Havoc!
Dec 24, 2008
I hate to say it, but I sense a Benoit Pouliot highlight goal.

The Bruins should still win this, though. Tampa´s top line is lethal, but they aren´t the deepest team.

Brewin

Nov 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
$500 fine and up to a year in jail.

If there's an emergency, I'm sure anyone caught traveling would be considered on a case by case basis.

Wow. That amazes me. Thanks for quick answer. And I guess you're right, if its an emergency they'll probably let you go - if you're just headed to 711 for taquitos you're probably gonna get it.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
I'm hoping to grab tickets to this one. They're still 67 bucks for the worst seats on Stub Hub, though. I'll wait and see how low I can get them. It would be sweet seeing a game with the crowd the size of a high school game.

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
Don't take penalties...

I suppose ESPN will make an article showing that the fans have shunned the NHL due to the lockout after seeing a picture of the empty seats during the game?

HERE WE GO BRUINS, HERE WE GO! :handclap::handclap:

Cheesy

Sep 11, 2005
Londonderry, NH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad