Post-Series Talk: Boston Bruins Defeat Toronto Maple Leafs (win 4-3)

LeafAttack

Feb 18, 2019
In your Bizzaro world, maybe...

An often-injured one.
reg season is a snooze imo,so i dont follow it anymore,and the other playoff debacles caused that attitude.Is it woll who gets hurt a lot or Samsonov.? If its Woll,then they should rotate like the Bruins did,but i dont know if they did that this reg season.
I dont know why Woll went crazy trying to stop that last shot attempt at a goal that went in that would have made it 2-1 and still a win.I guess he really wanted that shutout,and Matthews wanted that 70th goal,and ended up hurting himself to get it.The bad luck continues.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The Leafs were running a 1-3-1 when Pastrnak scored, one of the defenseman (Lybushukin) wasn't even close to being responsible for Pastrnak as he was on the other side of the ice

Marner had to cut Pastrnak's angle and slow his speed down. He didn't read the play and Rielly was flat-footed when Pastrnak was coming at close to full speed

It's a great play by BOS that was executed perfectly, not sure the blame lays solely at the feet of Toronto's defenseman on that play

Good eye on breaking down the play.

Boston has been running this play with Pasta since Krug was on the team, just not nearly as much since he left as a free agent. Usually, the slapshot dump in would happen near the Boston blueline, but it still worked perfectly for them.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It's actually incredible how many times this Leafs core played a deciding all or nothing series deciding game and they couldn't even manage to win a single one of them. You'd think in 6 tries they'd manage to win at least one by accident.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Weren't games 5 and 6 potentially series-clinching games this post-season ?

So they should be at least 3-11 rather than 1-11...

And this is coming from a Canadiens fan...
No, they're talking about games where Toronto could clinch the series. In this one, that would have been game 7. For the Bruins, it would be games 5-7

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Well to be fair, Biz DOES seem like someone who takes a long time to learn. For him, 8 years probably makes sense.
Learning how to lose so they can show the guys coming up.

The coach also referred to the team as “the leafs” as if he wasn’t part of the team. Very odd quote.

I had a great Saturday night that has me floating on air Sunday. How bout yourself?
leafs are out snd the Toronto talking heads are a pack of silenced groupies.
Thanks Pasta and the Bruins !
Much appreciated.

Last edited:

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
It's a great play by Boston executed perfectly, it wasn't a "controller disconnected" moment. The players were trying their best out there, they just didn't read it well

People keep blaming different Leafs for the play, and if there's one I'd probably blame Marner, but this was a lot more of Boston executing perfectly than the Leafs giving it to the Bruins. I don't know how you watch the last couple of games of this series and think the Leafs' players out there weren't trying or disconnected

Samsonov clearly thought the puck was coming off the boards at a much different angle and it ended up coming off an angle that it shouldn't have. That's just bad luck for him and Toronto.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I've been saying it for a few years, but this era of the Leafs consistently remind me of the 2007 and 2008 Chicago Cubs. Great teams, don't get me wrong, but they just never seem like they stack up well against the truly elite teams gunning for a title, and not going to lie it also seems like they just look for an excuse to give up (though, to give credit this year, that was less of a factor from my view compared to some other years).

The Leafs don't have that oomph factor for me to liken them to the 2016 Cubs that were able to get it done.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

I didn't even discover this guy until after Game 5, and then he was all over my Instagram homepage, popping up at Maple Leafs Square and screaming about "'nother beeeeeeeer" :laugh:

Gotta say I admire the passion, especially for an Albertan. Maybe he's from here originally, I don't know, but quite the character either way.

Respect to him for having fun with it.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Strangle

May 4, 2009
IMG_3554.jpeg

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I'm really glad Matthews came back for game 7.

He had such an amazing season, it would have been really shitty for him to see his team eliminated and not be able to play. I feel bad for Woll in a similar vein, but smaller sample size so not quite the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,800.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Austria vs Norway
    Austria vs Norway
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $245.00