Post-Series Talk: Boston Bruins Defeat Toronto Maple Leafs (win 4-3)

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Don't worry, the Bruins are also terrible.

It was a battle of who was less shitty, the Bruins were slightly less.

Unfortunately now Daddy Florida awaits
Both teams were midgets in this series, and Boston just happened to be the taller midget

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Great series to watch as a neutral, even with few goals. The way the Leafs defended in the last 4 games tells you there has been an arrogance to believe they could outscore or out-talent oppositions in the past as that was a completely different team. That was a playoff team.

Nylander deserves a lot of credit, he has become known for turning up in playoffs now and with the likes of Knies performing, there are (a couple of) positives to take.

Swayman is a monster and if he plays like that against any team, they're in the games. Unreal performances.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Yeah, of course a goalie is to blame in a 2-1 loss
Samsonov lets in only 2 goals while the offense scores 1 for him, he cost them the series.

Auston Matthews scores 69 goals in the regular season and proceeds to score 1 solitary goal all series, but apparently he's immune to criticism.

Maybe Samsonov's 2 goals against wouldn't be so bad if Matthews actually produced anywhere close to his regular season levels, instead of turning into a pumpkin when it matters.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
game 7 and the other team only scored 1 as well

took overtime to get the 2nd... wtf are you talking about lol
You're the one blaming the goalie when the $40M+ forwards scored one goal combined between the four of them in a game 7. Samsonov gave them a good shot at winning the game by keeping the other team to one goal in regulation but the teams stars failed to produce in a winner take all game once again. Maybe, just maybe that is a much bigger problem than the goalie

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
They have scored 2 goals or less in 14 of their last 15 playoff games.

It doesn't matter who the f*** plays goal, those losers can't put the puck in the net.

Did I mention they had the lowest goals per game among all playoff teams? Jesus Christ, this is against a very, very mediocre Bruins team as well.

These guys just f***ing blow.
Boston fans know it too. Way less energy and excitement after the OT goal than I had expected. They know this is the only round they're winning this spring. Bruins clearly aren't nearly as good as we expected, they're a shadow of what they used to be a few years ago. Very average team, Florida is going to dust them lol

Just like Boston is Toronto's demon, Florida is about to become Boston's

Every team has demons lol that's sports

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
not exactly sure how as the goalie you let in 2 absolutely bullsh*t goals but then shoulder 0% of the blame?

can't wait to hear the explanation for this lol
He let one goal in out of 30 shots, whatever. Screen shot top corner after a scramble

But you can't just say stop Pastrnak on the breakway. Is Swayman crap because Nylander scored on him?

Samsonov wasn't great especially in game 1 but they were supposed to light up Boston on the PP and it didn't happen. 50million dollar PP

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Even if the players wave, no other team would touch those contracts.

Then the Leafs are forced to resign them instead of losing them for nothing in free agency
There's always a deal to be made. With retention and creativity, I just don't believe in "can't be done'

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
You're the one blaming the goalie when the $40M+ forwards scored one goal combined between the four of them in a game 7. Samsonov gave them a good shot at winning the game by keeping the other team to one goal in regulation but the teams stars failed to produce in a winner take all game once again. Maybe, just maybe that is a much bigger problem than the goalie
Guess you haven't been watching all year. Want to know how the story went every time?

Sammy made fantastic saves all game long. Kept them in the game. Then Sammy let in the easiest one, at the worst time. Go back to page 1, read again.

That's the book he wrote

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
I swear to god the offseason is going to happen like this guaranteed

Management lets negotiations go into the season like they did with nylander

Guy has like 120 point pace, just a ridiculous season happening.

Then they start negatiations

His dad and Darren Ferris cause a franking scene with some ridiculous ultimatum/blackmail and say he deserves $250k AAV less than matthews

Management folds like a cheap suit

I could be wrong but I think the prices paid were down to Babcock being utterly toxic in that dressing room. The stuff that has been made public about how he treated guys (not just at Toronto) would make me want to say "If you want me here to play under him, pay me X". I think his actions may have been the reason the Leafs are in this situation. The players could have been traded but losing talent wasn't on the agenda.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Guess you haven't been watching all year. Want to know how the story went every time?

Sammy made fantastic saves all game long. Kept them in the game. Then Sammy let in the easiest one, at the worst time. Go back to page 1, read again.

That's the book he wrote
Same for every leaf goalie. Thats what you get when you overpaid the forwards and leave nothing for the goalie.

Reactions: ViD

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Oh, yeah, well, well, you (Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh)
You make my dreams come true

Jesus it must be painful to have this much time on your hands, to be posting an emotional stance on a series between two bad hockey teams as a neutral fan at 2am on a Sunday morning.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Who was the top goal scoring Center in this series? If you guessed Morgan Geekie, you would be right.

2 things, amazing the Bruins won the series by getting zero goals from Zacha and Coyle, and when Morgan Geekie out goals Matthews and Tavares in a series. This tells you all you need to know, if Bruins just got a goal each from their 2 top C's, think this series would not have come down to a game 7.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Tavares is on his final year of his contract, they can probably get at least something for him. Maybe..
He has to agree to it.

And that’s the problem. They could probably find a team to take him if they included a pick, but he has to agree. He’s not going to agree to go to a last place team and that’s the only kind of team that will take him.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Montreal fans foaming at the mouth to see either Boston or Toronto lose in OT, you guys are something really
I personally could care less thh. One of them had to lose so it’s low key funny but I contrary to what you might think don’t dislike Toronto or Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad