Post-Series Talk: Boston Bruins Defeat Toronto Maple Leafs (win 4-3)

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
That’s not what I said. The goals against were

Well 1 is less than 2. So no I wasn’t expecting a shutout.

Leafs needed to be better in front of him. But I’m not sure why people are so insistent in defending him.

These last couple games were very tight.

Samsonov needed a shutout to win the game that Leafs scored 1 goal in over 60 minutes so….

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Team just can’t score in the playoffs. What’s that like 2 goals or less in 12 of the last 13 playoff games?
Floaters who can't handle intense constant checking. This was obvious years ago, especially after the Covid Columbus choke job.

Reactions: asw

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
What I always hated about the Leafs, until recently, was their defensive corps. That has gotten better. Lyubushkin, Edmundson and Benoit looked quite decent to me in this series. Rielly looked a step behind mentally, holding on to the puck too long in the offensive zone and getting stripped. I seem to remember him being quicker and more decisive.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Boston is very lucky. You have a hell of a goalie in Swayman. He’s a top 10 starter in the NHL easily and I can possibly see him reaching top 5 over the next few years if he keeps getting better.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Clearly this core has not gotten it done since Shanahan came in. And Shanahan hasn't. Not going into the litany of mistakes made by the previous GM, hand picked by Shanahan. But they never got a Goalie capable of winning a series neverless a cup. I thought Samsonov played well enough to win this game. When it is game 7 one of your big boys has got to take the margin of error so Samsonov doesn't have to be perfect. The evidence is this group core can't do it. You just have to look at how Lindholm and Pasta stepped up, and Bruins were smart to have a #1A and 1B goalie. Leafs management never addressed the Goalie position in all of Shanahan's years post Lou. This one should fall on Shanny, time he got some heat.
The Shanaplan has been a disaster.

As far as I am concerned they can purge anyone from the top all the way down.

Like I said, the team has been built poorly.

Reactions: Givememoneyback

beeker16

Jun 19, 2003
Finally can get to some real hockey. I lost faith in Matthews last year to be a leader in playoff games. After seeing Game 1, I felt this series would be a waste of time to watch (minus the "This is our year!"" Dallas Cowboys Maple Leafs fans reactions)
qNYcajg.gif

Attachments

• a34gif.gif
    a34gif.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 2

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
This one's a heartbreaker for sure

but it's not some kind of a curse, or if the Leafs are unworthy

Game 7 OT, was pretty much a toss up

that said, it should've never reached 7 games if management made the right decision to plug in Woll as of Game 2. I understand why Samsonov started game 1, you have to give your highest paid goalie the first start, this is just from a management pov, you're not paying Samsonov $3.5m to back you up

However, if your #1 goalie lays an egg, you can't afford patience at this point, there's only a max of 6 games left

And Woll has proven during the season to be a stellar goaltender

So you go with Woll in Game 2!

Just that, i think the Leafs would've settled the series before Game 7, no?

i dunno

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
They get paid to play in the regular season and put up points! They already won a round, what more do the Leafs fans want?
By Toronto Maple Leafs standards, winning one playoff round is basically the equivalent of winning the Stanley Cup.

Reactions: JAK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad