Confirmed Signing with Link: Boston Bruins and Jeremy Swayman agree 8 year contract

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Once Neely said $64m, he forced himself to have to go higher. Good on Swayman for holding his ground and getting what he thought he was worth. Good to see him signed, obv don’t like the B’s but it’s good for competitiveness in the division .

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Oof lol, their system could’ve made considerably cheaper goaltending look good. That’s a deal that will age poorly

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Boston really painted themselves into a corner on this one. No choice but to pay him.

Odd. Or Swayman had no choice but to lower his demand.

Bruins were always willing to end around 8x8.

Franchise goalie of the future. He needs to keep his feelings a little more private going forward, this negotiation took a dramatic turn in the end.

8x8 or near it was always the fair value range.

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Swayman was I believe ranked 37th on TSN's list of best players in the NHL. He is an impact player. He is consistent year to year. This deal is fair.
It's not a bad deal. It's an unfortunate one. I feels like if this were played differently by management they could have had the same good player for less money.

Hindsight is 20/20 and all that, but arbitration last year, trading Ullmark before dealing with Swagman, Cam Neely to the media, etc. I think they are all factors in not getting a hometown discount here. Maybe if played differently they could have done 8 x $7.5m or something, who knows.

This is the next in line to sign with the B's and not give that Bruin discount that used to be so common. No deals were given by Sway, Pasta, Mac, Lindholm or Zadorov.

I guess the Bruins need to hope it's not system and coaching that makes goalies look good. We may get a glimpse of that in Ottawa and see.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Haha Neely acted tougher than balls in that interview and then gets bullied by Swayman and Gross. Fantastic
How? He was bullied into an extra .25?

I don’t think he’s earned it yet. He was great in the playoffs, but he hasn’t had a starter’s load, not to mention a starter’s load and the playoffs.

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad