GDT: Boston at DC. 5pm EST

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Good for Pro.

Wonder if maybe they're debating dropping Raddysh, playing Protas on the 4th/defensive line, and keeping Cristall and Vrana on the roster.

wickedwitch

Mar 21, 2010
Good for Pro.

Wonder if maybe they're debating dropping Raddysh, playing Protas on the 4th/defensive line, and keeping Cristall and Vrana on the roster.
If they want, they could keep all of them. They'd have to get down to 7 D, but that should be doable if they chose.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Cristall-Lapi-Pro has been such a great line. Should be our 3L going into the year. Sonny seems like the odd man out. Miro will be sent down to start the year and Vrana can be signed to a two-way and sent to Hershey as scoring insurance.

Reactions: 43sfriends

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I was at the game. So many things away from the puck Cristal has to work on. He’s not ready for the NHL. They could still keep him around for 9 games but he has some gaps.

Second and 4th lines look good. So did pro. Outside of his faceoff goal he was always in good position and makes sneaky passes.

Not impressing with Mangi. His cap hit doesn’t really matter but I don’t love him at 1LW. I’d rather see Pro there.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I was at the game. So many things away from the puck Cristal has to work on. He’s not ready for the NHL. They could still keep him around for 9 games but he has some gaps.

Second and 4th lines look good. So did pro. Outside of his faceoff goal he was always in good position and makes sneaky passes.

Not impressing with Mangi. His cap hit doesn’t really matter but I don’t love him at 1LW. I’d rather see Pro there.
I've liked Mango on Stromer's wing so far. Today, yeah not so much. We'll see. Short timer so no risk in any case.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
My hot takes into final lines up:

- We look better and younger again
- There will be roster / paper moves to start the season
- I hope Cristal stays for a bit (up to 9 games) but he needs to play down and develop
- I like our defense. top 6 is strong and looks to want to bring offense
- i don’t want to sign Vrana - I’d rather have youth come up when needed at this stage
- We have two good goalies.

qc14

Jul 1, 2024
Good for Pro.

They gave Raddysh a guaranteed contract and not Vrana for a reason. Raddysh has also had a 20 goal season more recently than Vrana ...

Vrana's only opening was at 3LW and I think Cristall did more than enough tonight and throughout the preseason to beat him to that spot.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
This is far from the first time I've banged this drum but I simply don't understand this organization's apparent aversion to using just a few of these early games to a.) reward good camps and b.) give their young guys more time experiencing NHL game speed.

And not preseason, real games at real speed with real stats that really count. Maybe it's just me but I think it sends a more positive and encouraging message and gives them the realest understanding of where their game is.

The team has no strong season expectations, the lineup doesn't have to be optimized so early (especially since guys are going to get hurt no matter what), I wish they'd be more flexible about giving their prospects a cup of coffee over the years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad