Post-Game Talk: Boston 3 Philadelphia 2 OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
That was one heck of a finish to a play-off feel game.

Marchand and Rask coming up big time.

Love how the dmen were constantly pinching in at the blue line and being able to maintain the offensive pressure.

Thought the 4th line was quite energetic and matched the Flyers hit for hit.

After all the late game goals going against the team this year, it certainly feels nice to be on the winning side for a change.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
No question these two bring out the best in Lucic. They should keep them together. They kinda remind me of a poor-mans Lucic-Savard-Kessel, which was a heck of a line in 2008-09.

I'd go with when healthy

Eriksson - Krejci - Connolly
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Lucic - Spooner - Pastrnak
Kelly - Soderberg - Talbot

Good, deep and Claude can roll his 4 lines as he loves to do. Allows Krejci and Connolly to ease there way back into the line-up rather than throwing them in the fire right away.

You know, I like it.
Those are four lines that can be rolled with confidence. Also not easy to match/defend against.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
You forgot the part about how Campbell (only forward with a -1) was then sent back out after the horrible icing with 2+ minutes left in the game down by 1. Oh and how CJ didn't call a timeout after the icing but then somehow had the refs call a timeout for him when he didn't want one.

This! How on earth do you send the 4th line back out there with less than 4 minutes left down by one? They should be stapled to the bench. I like Clode, but how can anyone defend his obsession with Campbell in particular.

Campbell is cooked. This is not 2011. Campbell is not a good skater, doesn't hit, can't fight, doesn't really block shots anymore, and is not great in his own end. Sure, he's ok at the dot and at best and average PKer, but that's about it.

Thanks Marchy for rescuing this game for the Bruins! :handclap:

marty

Jun 30, 2007
Is this an option? I'd say the chair has a lower cap hit as well. It's a win-win.

Actually, the chair got in a lane blocked a shot which dented its metal, but it stayed on the ice, so PC rewarded it with a 4 year 2.25/per and a NMC.

bruinsfan1972

Jul 17, 2010
B_hWTZlVEAALszJ.png:large

I'd honestly put the chair on the ice instead of Campbell with less than 3 minutes left and down by 1.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
We were 15 seconds away from disaster and instead come away with 2 points.

For the first time in a month I am no longer worried about missing the playoffs.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
No question these two bring out the best in Lucic. They should keep them together. They kinda remind me of a poor-mans Lucic-Savard-Kessel, which was a heck of a line in 2008-09.

I'd go with when healthy

Good, deep and Claude can roll his 4 lines as he loves to do. Allows Krejci and Connolly to ease there way back into the line-up rather than throwing them in the fire right away.

I have expressed in the past as well as others that Looch is a much better fit and player when he is moving north south.
He is that type of player and when he plays on the 1st line with Krecji the flow is not the same for him and he becomes a player that is trying to be more of a finesse than a rock and sock'em player.
i think we can agree that Looch is much more valuable as a rock and sock'em player to this team.
I have no objections seeing Loui on the 1st line with Krecji and Connolly as you have stated.

I have no idea how management and coaching will evaluate all of this come PO's if we are in it.
However, these lines you have put together here are pretty solid lines.
The fact that we do not know Connolly's ability and chemistry he may have with kRECJI on the 1st line may lead the B's management to keep Lucic on the 1st line.
I think they will go the traditional combos that Clode loves to keep which unfortunately will not please us the fans that see Looch suited up with the younger kids.
Let's hope we do get to see your line combos.

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Now there would be a solution that I have been hesitating to talk about but GW you have prompted me to do it today.
This team needs a whole lot of players with the Talbot mentality that they don't give a F*&^ when playing the scabs.
This would do wonders to their confidence and playing style against the scabs.
I am not saying they would come out victorious but they certainly would not go down the easy way and probably augment their chances to win a 7 game series against the scabs.
I hope that some of his personality on ice rubs on the other bruins come PO's if we are in it.

Plus, your curse will help. :yo:

I had no doubt Rask would stop that breakaway, he's had so much practice during these shootouts lately.

PlaceboFan

Sep 24, 2014

I had no doubt Rask would stop that breakaway, he's had so much practice during these shootouts lately.

Maybe the shootouts help him against the Habs in the playoffs as well, as the D likes to give them a ton of breakaways.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
We were 15 seconds away from disaster and instead come away with 2 points.

For the first time in a month I am no longer worried about missing the playoffs.

Im still worried.

But I also worry if my shoelaces arent the exact same length. Maybe its related.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009

The curse will come and it is still not the right time for it but I have it all planned out.
However, the curse is simply that the Hated Habs do not win the Stanley Cup.
It does not eliminate that they can beat us but I will certainly do whatever I can do make the curse one that prohibits them to win it all.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Getting Connelly and Krejci back will be a nice problem to have.

Honestly, and I dont know how to do this, i want to see Looch stay with the 2 kids. Hes playing his best hockey of the year. I think its due more to the energy , creativity and speed that they bring. He has to be engaged and moving just to keep up.

You're stealing my talking points, Wally. :)

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I have expressed in the past as well as others that Looch is a much better fit and player when he is moving north south.
He is that type of player and when he plays on the 1st line with Krecji the flow is not the same for him and he becomes a player that is trying to be more of a finesse than a rock and sock'em player.
i think we can agree that Looch is much more valuable as a rock and sock'em player to this team.
I have no objections seeing Loui on the 1st line with Krecji and Connolly as you have stated.

I have no idea how management and coaching will evaluate all of this come PO's if we are in it.
However, these lines you have put together here are pretty solid lines.
The fact that we do not know Connolly's ability and chemistry he may have with kRECJI on the 1st line may lead the B's management to keep Lucic on the 1st line.
I think they will go the traditional combos that Clode loves to keep which unfortunately will not please us the fans that see Looch suited up with the younger kids.
Let's hope we do get to see your line combos.

Your right, it's highly unlikely B's management and Claude try something different going into Game 1 of the playoffs. I would bet were going to see the old standard combinations from Claude if/when the forward group is healthy. Which three of Spooner/Ferlin/Pastrnak/Connolly is sitting to make room for Paille/Campbell/Talbot is the question.

Another positive of trying Eriksson - Krejci - Connolly is finding out if Eriksson can handle LW top-line duty with Krejci if a big salary like his or Lucic has to be moved this summer, and is Connolly a fit with Krejci before negotiating a new contract with him.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
Your right, it's highly unlikely B's management and Claude try something different going into Game 1 of the playoffs. I would bet were going to see the old standard combinations from Claude if/when the forward group is healthy. Which three of Spooner/Ferlin/Pastrnak/Connolly is sitting to make room for Paille/Campbell/Talbot is the question.

Another positive of trying Eriksson - Krejci - Connolly is finding out if Eriksson can handle LW top-line duty with Krejci if a big salary like his or Lucic has to be moved this summer, and is Connolly a fit with Krejci before negotiating a new contract with him.

I am all for trying it out and as i am sure many will agree as well.
Great post too.

roguepatriot

Jun 24, 2010

I'd go with when healthy

Like these lines, at least as a tryout if Con +Krecj can be back with a week to go

The Ladies just showed they can beat Montreal ( in OT); maybe a reboot with some kind of selective forced memory loss can do it for the guts.

I'm just happy to see that Spooner is up for good now (got to keep that line together) and Pasta is more than a 10 game wonder this year. I came in expecting nothing from this year; other than to get a bit more playoff experience for the kids . Would have liked Chia to explode this team back in July; buts that not his style. He is too loyal to the players for my liking; but maybe that pays off with a FA signing at some point (hopefully this Summer if they do not make it and he does make a big splash). Hopefully he can get through to 'his' coach that Paille and Campbell should be veteran depth that he did not trade for and play his youth.

Interesting that Clode does a lot of anti-Clode things in this OT; 3 forwards, switches lines and plays the kids. Maybe its because the shootout is so bad; but maybe if they can come into the playoffs with nothing to lose; we'll see a different team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad