Value of: BOS Linus Ullmark

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Is it that much of a done deal Rask is going back to Boston?

I'd kinda hope he'd listen to offers so the Leafs can sign him, and right our franchise's greatest wrong (The Rask for Raycroft trade...shudder)
believe he was quoted (no, don't have link.. sorry) as saying when he was healthy, he was only interested in signing in BOS.

could that change? eh.. mebbe

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Even if he signs for cheap, wouldn't his cap hit be adjusted. If you sign for 2 million at the halfway point, isnt the cap hit 4 million? I'm not a 100% on that but I have some vague memories of that like when Sundin signed with the Canucks

IIRC that’s only a rule for your signing bonus. The reason is that a player gets 100% of the signing bonus regardless of when they sign, whereas your salary (and cap hit) are only paid for days remaining in the season. This would result in the player being paid more than their cap hit, so they adjust it.

So if money doesn’t matter, he would just take league min with no bonus.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I agree with this, but.. is Ullmark the 'proven' guy they should be looking for? wasn't Koskinen Ullmark a coupla yrs ago?

Not sure but his numbers are better than Koskinens and that was in BUF.

What proven guy out there is currently available? MAF? Holtby?
Feel EDM need a 1b type guy at minimum to see if Skinner can grow into the #1 role and be a 1b for this year and next?

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Not sure but his numbers are better than Koskinens and that was in BUF.

What proven guy out there is currently available? MAF? Holtby?
Feel EDM need a 1b type guy at minimum to see if Skinner can grow into the #1 role and be a 1b for this year and next?
you're prolly right, but it 'feels' like a MAF kinda move. only 1 yr left right? got experience. not super consistent, but when he's on, he's on

they REALLY need to develop a guy of their own, but..

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Rask is at practice and if he signs with the Bs, then what is Linus Ullmark worth with a cap friendly $5m hit?
in what world is $5mil cap friendly, and especially for a #1 'starter' who has a career high 37 games played (3 seasons ago) 20, and 34 in the last 2 seasons.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
since ullmark has a nmc would a draft pick be enough for swayman ? maybe even two . 20222 3rd and a 2023 3rd ?

Bruins are not trading Swayman even with a potential Rask signing, ..He is the future #1 and by future I mean perhaps before this season is over.. Swayman will be in Boston long after both Rask and Ullmark have moved on.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
since ullmark has a nmc would a draft pick be enough for swayman ? maybe even two . 20222 3rd and a 2023 3rd ?

Swayman is untouchable.

Unless you want to do something that really hurts like multiple 1sts (yes I know that's ridiculous and unreasonable...that's my point)

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I agree with this, but.. is Ullmark the 'proven' guy they should be looking for? wasn't Koskinen Ullmark a coupla yrs ago?
I think Ullmark is far more proven than Koskinen. I wanted Edmonton to go for Ullmark in the offseason, but they didn't get him. Ullmark put up respectable numbers on one of the worst teams in the league in Buffalo. I don't think that Ullmark is what Koskinen was a few years ago either. Ullmark may not be a proven winner because he hasn't been on a good team. A few years ago, Koskinen wasn't proven because he didn't have the NHL games played as evidence. It's very different scenarios.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Swayman is untouchable.

Unless you want to do something that really hurts like multiple 1sts (yes I know that's ridiculous and unreasonable...that's my point)

As a B's fan, do you think there would be a chance of even trading Ullmark then? I don't see why Boston signs Rask at all if they have their goalie of the future and a pretty solid backup plan already signed. Or would a Rask signing possibly be done to trade Ullmark? I can't imagine that was the plan when they signed Ullmark, but I'm not up on the Bruins that much. I wouldn't mind if Ullmark found his way to Edmonton, I just can't see him actually being available.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
As a B's fan, do you think there would be a chance of even trading Ullmark then? I don't see why Boston signs Rask at all if they have their goalie of the future and a pretty solid backup plan already signed. Or would a Rask signing possibly be done to trade Ullmark? I can't imagine that was the plan when they signed Ullmark, but I'm not up on the Bruins that much. I wouldn't mind if Ullmark found his way to Edmonton, I just can't see him actually being available.

I don't think Sweeney will deal Ullmark, nor do I think he waives his NMC this soon.

Personally I wouldn't have even signed him. I'd rather have signed a league minimum vet for a year or 2 and give Swayman the workload

Reactions: ManofSteel55

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Petry
Allen

For

Ullmark
Zboril
DeBrusk
1st round pick

c0n15.jpg

Reactions: Groo

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I don't think Sweeney will deal Ullmark, nor do I think he waives his NMC this soon.

Personally I wouldn't have even signed him. I'd rather have signed a league minimum vet for a year or 2 and give Swayman the workload
I agree , I have been saying along they should have signed a backup for Swayman and see what he could do and I would not have traded Vladar and have him in Providence ,the third round pick they got from him is not doing them any good now . The money they spent on Ullmark could have been used too address other needs please understand this is not an indictment of Ullmark talent . Sweeney has screwed this year from the get go, even telling Kcrechi to take all the time he needs to make a decision on coming for another season or not............This anyway to run an airline haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad