Value of: BOS Linus Ullmark

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Echoing the B's fans in this thread...

If when Rask re-signs, which will almost certainly be on a 1-year deal at league min, Swayman goes down and you've got a Rask/Ullmark tandem. Rask has pretty much been a tandem goalie for the last 4 years anyways.

Revisit in the offseason, depending on whether Rask wants to come back, etc.

Jon77

Feb 1, 2021
Why not go Rask/Ullmark ?
I am sure that is the plan. Swayman can be sent down without waivers. He will likely be odd man out for the season. If rask is even signed. (which I hope he is). Two more years with two decent Goalies. Additionally Ullmark isnt all bad, only as good as his team in front. If bruins traded Swayman and someone else for a decent 3-4 d-man or middle centre, Id be happy. Goalies are plentiful.

Reactions: HabsQC

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
He doesn't look great and at 5 million AAV w/ term I can't imagine there'd be any takers out there. Plus it'd be a bad look for the Bruins if they dealt anyway someone they just signed in UFA a few months prior.

More likely scenario is Swayman is traded or sent down. Don't see Ullmark being moved.
what would be the ask for swayman ?

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
s
I am sure that is the plan. Swayman can be sent down without waivers. He will likely be odd man out for the season. If rask is even signed. (which I hope he is). Two more years with two decent Goalies. Additionally Ullmark isnt all bad, only as good as his team in front. If bruins traded Swayman and someone else for a decent 3-4 d-man or middle centre, Id be happy. Goalies are plentiful.
swayman for chariot ? you have permission to work out an extension

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Even if he signs for cheap, wouldn't his cap hit be adjusted. If you sign for 2 million at the halfway point, isnt the cap hit 4 million? I'm not a 100% on that but I have some vague memories of that like when Sundin signed with the Canucks

Cap hit? Rask is an unsigned UFA who can sign with whomever he wants for whatever he wants (league min).

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
s

swayman for chariot ? you have permission to work out an extension

Given that most teams in the Chariot thread seemed to value him anywhere from a low 4 to decent bottom pairing dman, I doubt the Bruins would be willing to give up their "goalie of the future" for him

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Given that most teams in the Chariot thread seemed to value him anywhere from a low 4 to decent bottom pairing dman, I doubt the Bruins would be willing to give up their "goalie of the future" for him

Chariot is severely outplaying Petry at the moment, so his value is inflated and people are asking for the moon lol

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I'm at a bit of a loss for why Boston would even consider bringing back Rask at this point... I thought they moved on

If they intended to bring back Rask, why sign Ullmark? They could've just ran with Swayman for however long it took Rask to get healthy and re-sign
Because who knows how Rask will come back at his age and recovering from an injury with no camp.
Sign Rask for cheap for one more year, make a run at the cup with three starting goalies when one of them can be sent to the minors.

Really isn’t that complicated

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Because who knows how Rask will come back at his age and recovering from an injury with no camp.
Sign Rask for cheap for one more year, make a run at the cup with three starting goalies when one of them can be sent to the minors.

Really isn’t that complicated

No, it really isn't that complicated...

They obviously have confidence in Ullmark, so Rask should be viewed as redundant by Bruins management

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
No, it really isn't that complicated...

They obviously have confidence in Ullmark, so Rask should be viewed as redundant by Bruins management
No, they have a very solid 1A/1B plan. If they see Rask as the starter and he isn’t up to par when he comes back, then you have Ullmark. If Ullmark gets hurt or doesn’t perform in the playoffs, they have Rask.

Why not sign an amazing #1G for basically minimum wage ? Why pass that up when you’re goalie of the future can still play in the minors? Swayman has like 20 games of pro experience at this point, more seasoning isn’t a bad thing

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Sweeney has really screwed this team up big time, if he thought about bringing Rask back there was no need to sign Ullmark . They should have kept Vladar with Swayman and try and sign a vet back up at less money until Rask came back . I am not saying Ullmark play has looked good or bad but contract it is not a good contract, he has never played a playoff game . I just feel the Bruins could have used the money to address other positions, although Sweeney missed used what he had available for other positions like 3 mil for Forbot.........just a terrible GM

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Sweeney has really screwed this team up big time, if he thought about bringing Rask back there was no need to sign Ullmark . They should have kept Vladar with Swayman and try and sign a vet back up at less money until Rask came back . I am not saying Ullmark play has looked good or bad but contract it is not a good contract, he has never played a playoff game . I just feel the Bruins could have used the money to address other positions, although Sweeney missed used what he had available for other positions like 3 mil for Forbot.........just a terrible GM

Rask wasn't and still isn't guaranteed to come back. You can't hope to make the playoffs with 2 rookie goalies and if they were struggling come the time that Rask is good to come back, what's the plan, to work him as hard as possible for a playoff push. Not to mention an injury to either rookie or even in this case Ulmark/Swayman you have Rask as a backup plan. If Rask isn't himself or gets hurt you still have 2 solid goalies.

The singing isn't bad, the $$ is a bit high and the NMC is questionable. We don't know all the pieces that were in play for Ulmark at the time and that could have been the deciding factor.

Only thing I didn't like in his offseason was signing Riely instead of trading for a top pairing LHD

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Rask wasn't and still isn't guaranteed to come back. You can't hope to make the playoffs with 2 rookie goalies and if they were struggling come the time that Rask is good to come back, what's the plan, to work him as hard as possible for a playoff push. Not to mention an injury to either rookie or even in this case Ulmark/Swayman you have Rask as a backup plan. If Rask isn't himself or gets hurt you still have 2 solid goalies.

The singing isn't bad, the $$ is a bit high and the NMC is questionable. We don't know all the pieces that were in play for Ulmark at the time and that could have been the deciding factor.

Only thing I didn't like in his offseason was signing Riely instead of trading for a top pairing LHD
You are making my point , I am not disputing the signing,I

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

I am not disputing the signing , just the dollars . I also believe that Reilly and Forbot are over paid .They need help and these depth signings Sweeney made are not working well so far.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
The thing people are missing is that Swayman is the best of the three. I know he has very little experience but he has been awesome.

15 career games 1.74 GAA .933 SV%

He has only given up more than 2 goals twice.

Kid is super calm and confident too. I wouldn’t trade him. Bold prediction I bet he wins at least one vezina

Last edited:
Reactions: Sevendust

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Is it that much of a done deal Rask is going back to Boston?

I'd kinda hope he'd listen to offers so the Leafs can sign him, and right our franchise's greatest wrong (The Rask for Raycroft trade...shudder)

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad