Value of: BOS Linus Ullmark

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Why would Boston need to move Ullmark for perhaps one more year of Rask?

I'm at a bit of a loss for why Boston would even consider bringing back Rask at this point... I thought they moved on

If they intended to bring back Rask, why sign Ullmark? They could've just ran with Swayman for however long it took Rask to get healthy and re-sign

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
He doesn't look great and at 5 million AAV w/ term I can't imagine there'd be any takers out there. Plus it'd be a bad look for the Bruins if they dealt anyway someone they just signed in UFA a few months prior.

More likely scenario is Swayman is traded or sent down. Don't see Ullmark being moved.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Because Swayman's been pretty good?

Pretty good sure but not amazing, not a knock on the guy I'm sure he could be in the NHL all year but he is waiver exempt. Boston might have Tuukka for only this year. It makes sense to keep Ullmark and not trade him right after Boston just signed him, doesn't it ?

I don't watch the Bruins a lot, but that's just how I see it from the outside.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Arizona maybe? I know they have Vejmelka but they may want some stability in goaltending

Chicago if they keep sucking and move Fleury?

Oilers directly?

Minnesota to pair with Kahkonen?

Sharks if they want long term stability at the position?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
He doesn't look great and at 5 million AAV w/ term I can't imagine there'd be any takers out there. Plus it'd be a bad look for the Bruins if they dealt anyway someone they just signed in UFA a few months prior.

More likely scenario is Swayman is traded or sent down. Don't see Ullmark being moved.

I watched lots of him last year as I was real sure we were going to go after him as an ideal target. He hasn't quite played to his prior level but it's a half dozen games on the new team, I wouldn't put much thought into how that effects his overall value. I'd easily give a good asset if they eat the Koskinen deal in return even if we had to find a 3rd partner to sort the Koskinen cap out

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
I watched lots of him last year as I was real sure we were going to go after him as an ideal target. He hasn't quite played to his prior level but it's a half dozen games on the new team, I wouldn't put much thought into how that effects his overall value. I'd easily give a good asset if they eat the Koskinen deal in return even if we had to find a 3rd partner to sort the Koskinen cap out
I was also hoping that the Oilers would sign him this past offseason

my offseason wish list was Ullmark, Ryan and Coleman

Last edited:

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
According to Cassidy, Tukka is about 2 months away - no doubt he will be back dirt cheap, and it only will be with the B's, no other team.

Swayman will be sent down and Linus will be the backup.
That would be the smart thing to do

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I'm at a bit of a loss for why Boston would even consider bringing back Rask at this point... I thought they moved on

If they intended to bring back Rask, why sign Ullmark? They could've just ran with Swayman for however long it took Rask to get healthy and re-sign

To eliminate the Leafs in the 1st round one more time.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
According to Cassidy, Tukka is about 2 months away - no doubt he will be back dirt cheap, and it only will be with the B's, no other team.

Swayman will be sent down and Linus will be the backup.
Even if he signs for cheap, wouldn't his cap hit be adjusted. If you sign for 2 million at the halfway point, isnt the cap hit 4 million? I'm not a 100% on that but I have some vague memories of that like when Sundin signed with the Canucks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad