Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] G Jeremy Swayman signs extension with the Bruins (8 years, $8.25M AAV)

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
Good Goalie don't like the players attitude comes off as a whiney bitch

This contract is bad in the sense that a guy who's never won a venzia, a cup and never played a full season as a starter just gott 8 million over 8 years.

Play off Goalie? He beat the Leafs whoopdie f***in dooo.

He has done nothing to warrant this contract and if he busts people will be calling the Bruins stupid for inking him to this deal.

Just a bad deal for the Bruins and I just think Swaymans whole "I need to reset the Goalie market" was a load of bull-shit, he wanted to get paid plain and simple, dudes agent is also a POS dont like the guy. I feel bad that the bruins are stuck with a perenial whiner in net now, classy organization lot of respect for them just a douche bag goalie.

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Good for him, some time ago he talked how he didn't want to accept peanuts because of his fellow goalies.
Yeah, there are no younger players out there that have worked their asses off at other positions that would not mind a few of those peanuts, but instead some jobs will be in jeopardy. Terrific goaltender no doubt, but has not earned that contract yet and hurts the future of this roster, two bad signings by Sweeney this off season, Swayman and E. Lindholm, he did a terrific job building the Defense this year, and added some physicality both a need. But goal scoring is a big ? and no cap to address this problem.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
$8.25M for a goalie who hasn't been a full-time starter before lol. Adin Hill is more proven than Swayman and he got 5M.
WTF? Adin Hill is almost three years older, has worse numbers across the board on a comparable or better team and signed a 2 year bridge, not an 8 year extension.

Not comparable in any way, shape or form.

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
Good Goalie don't like the players attitude comes off as a whiney bitch

This contract is bad in the sense that a guy who's never won a venzia, a cup and never played a full season as a starter just gott 8 million over 8 years.

Play off Goalie? He beat the Leafs whoopdie f***in dooo.

He has done nothing to warrant this contract and if he busts people will be calling the Bruins stupid for inking him to this deal.

Just a bad deal for the Bruins and I just think Swaymans whole "I need to reset the Goalie market" was a load of bull-shit, he wanted to get paid plain and simple, dudes agent is also a POS dont like the guy. I feel bad that the bruins are stuck with a perenial whiner in net now, classy organization lot of respect for them just a douche bag goalie.
Why you don't tell us how you really feel about Swayman though? lol

Seriously, I guess we will see in about 4 years if that was a good contract or not..... for the Bruins. On a side note, I hope the Sens do well this year and of course I will be watching Ullmark.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Then how can you say there is a history of players not caring? Outside of Harold Ballard, up until the 2005 lockout the Leafs had deep runs with guys who were warriors, and had players like Salming leading them through decades.
I agree with you, there have been many Leafs players, that have been all in for the good of the team, unfortunately, I would not put this group in that category, and management is freakn joke.

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
True but that's still a long time to commit to a goalie who hasn't been a full time starter yet. He's getting franchise goalie money and I'm not even 100% convinced that he's a franchise goalie.

Ullmark is injury prone, he has chronic hip/groin issues. He re-aggrevated it during the playoffs last year which is why he struggled. Keeping Ullmark is risky IMO.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
I disagree. I think the Bruins just added boat anchors in Lindholm and Zadorov. Swayman remains to be seen. 132 GP who knows what he really is
The Bruins beat TOR with Charlie Coyle and Pavel Zacha as their top 2 centers. If you don't think Elias Lindholm helps the Bruins at C next to Pastrnak...I don't know what to tell you.

Zadorov replaces freaking Matt Grzelcyk next to McAvoy...and in a worst case scenario as a #5D replacing Parker Wotherspoon.

So I am not sure how anyone can say the Bruins are worse with these additions. Cap wise, they will be fine too.

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
I'm all for people getting theirs, but I'll never understand the logic of handing out this kind of money to individual players in a hard cap. Like, do you actually want to win? Unless you're a generational talent and/or have already won the Cup, I just don't get it.

Of course there are always outliers, but if my ultimate goal is to win it all, I'd take a discount so I could play on the best hockey team possible.

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Yeah, there are no younger players out there that have worked their asses off at other positions that would not mind a few of those peanuts, but instead some jobs will be in jeopardy. Terrific goaltender no doubt, but has not earned that contract yet and hurts the future of this roster, two bad signings by Sweeney this off season, Swayman and E. Lindholm, he did a terrific job building the Defense this year, and added some physicality both a need. But goal scoring is a big ? and no cap to address this problem.
If outfield players are getting paid by potential nowadays, why not goaltenders? This was inevitable and you know it.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Pay the man his money, i'm sure the owners can afford it.
does have anything to with the owners, unless he fails, or pulls a Carey Price, I am talking about the cap space Swaymans, contract has eaten up, you do realize it is a salary cap league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad