Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] G Jeremy Swayman signs extension with the Bruins (8 years, $8.25M AAV)

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Dude swayman's side was also complaining to the media.

No he didn't... Stop acting like swayman came out the winner he wasn't. He didn't get what he really wanted and caved.
I expect more professionalism from management than I do from a player. Management should never be publicly complaining about a player over contract talks.

Swaymans "crying" has been about using his arbitration hearing as motivation to prove everyone wrong. Boston management crying was lying about a contract holdout, putting the player down, and making snarky comments about the name of a podcast. Extremely unprofessional.

Reactions: Waterbuf

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
He was answering questions. He's a player. Management should know better.

and public part is the problem!
Nobody asked Swayman/Gross to leak information every other week. Management was asked a question directly and they answered directly and deliberately.

What makes it wrong? Swayman lowered his ask dramatically afterwards. He still desperately wanted to be a Bruin and wanted to sign long-term. He is on the podium right now telling everyone he has goosebumps at the thought of being a Bruin for another 8 years.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
If this was Kyle Dubas it would have been 12.5x8.
I don't know if that's fair or not to Dubas but it does feel like most management teams roll over and give in to star player demands. They don't do arbitration for big name players, they don't do bridge deals. They give out huge second contracts. The Bruins don't do huge second contracts, and they do arbitration and bridge deals for everybody.

You could say that approach led to Swayman being salty but at the end of the day, Swayman still insisted on signing long-term with Boston and is all giddy about his deal.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
This will be remembered as the beginning of the end for the Bruins strike of solid seasons, up until their inevitable rebuild
Eventually this will be repeated enough that it will come true. Still waiting for them to fall off a cliff. It was supposed to happen like 4 years ago according to people around here.

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
Bummer. Was hoping this drama could unravel the Bruins season. Shame they got it sorted
People who root against players or root against teams and hope bad things happen instead of just cheering for their own team are a special kind for sure. I once saw a guy in a minor hockey game stand up and cheer when the opposing teams best player got injured, it was probably you was it?

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
I expect more professionalism from management than I do from a player. Management should never be publicly complaining about a player over contract talks.

Swaymans "crying" has been about using his arbitration hearing as motivation to prove everyone wrong. Boston management crying was lying about a contract holdout, putting the player down, and making snarky comments about the name of a podcast. Extremely unprofessional.
And sometimes management needs to respond publicly when they are getting dragged through the mud publicly.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
And sometimes management needs to respond publicly when they are getting dragged through the mud publicly.
not really, no. It makes them look bad.

The only people who like it are the idiots that think being louder than someone else means winning an argument.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Still seems like a lot with his resume. But I'm happy it's done. He's a very talented goalie working with the best goalie coach in the league. You're never out of it if you're getting good goaltending.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Lollllll 8 years for a goalie. congrats bruins, you finally landed your first bad contract. You guys got away with not having one of those for too long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad