Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] F Elias Lindholm signs with the Bruins (7 years, $7.75M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
He scored 42 in 21-22… not saying it’s likely but it’s not a dogs age ago either.
That will never happen again with Lindholm from what I observed while he was in Vancouver. That was a career year that he has not come close to in any other year.

Solid 2 way player, does many things to help the team. 2c at best though at this stage, just dont see the scoring upside anymore, and this is a contract I would be worried about aging well.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
He scored 42 in 21-22… not saying it’s likely but it’s not a dogs age ago either.
His skating looks a lot worse than then. Not as dynamic on the rush, which is where he feasted a lot of goals from.

I think his production will tick back up this season, with the improvement in linemate quality. My contention is that player worth $8M through his late 30s when, at best, he's best used as a passenger/complementary player to more talented linemates?

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Lindholm will put up 75-80pts next year. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a career year. He will be on the #1PP unit, #1PK unit and will likely play with Pasta for the entire season. If he doesn't then he plays with Marchand for the entire year. He will have a star winger carry him all season long. He honestly couldn't be in a more perfect situation for bumping up his stats. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the bounce back player for next year.

Reactions: fin8

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
His skating looks a lot worse than then. Not as dynamic on the rush, which is where he feasted a lot of goals from.

I think his production will tick back up this season, with the improvement in linemate quality. My contention is that player worth $8M through his late 30s when, at best, he's best used as a passenger/complementary player to more talented linemates?
I watched where he scored all his goals in '21-22. Not that many were off the rush. Seemed like 75% were from the bumper or finding the soft areas in the slot/front of the net off passes from Gaudreau and Tkachuk.

I wouldn't expect 40 from him, but 30 seems completely attainable given that he'll play PP1 on the bumper and Pastrnak can pass as well as any winger.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
The Canucks gave up the following in return for renting Zadorov and Lindholm:
Kuzmenko (25 pts in 29 gp with Calgary)
Brzustewicz
1st rd pick
3rd rd pick
4th rd pick
5th rd pick
After including the Mikheyev trade, they also lost a 2nd rounder and Lafferty. The only remaining piece from any of these deals is the salary that they had to eat for Mikheyev. Somewhat poor asset management.

That’s how rentals work

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
That’s how rentals work
Problem is that the Canucks Brass said they intended to resign them when they were acquired. The rumour was that Lindholm's ask was in the 9M range a few years ago but that was just a rumour. The Agent for Zadorov said that Zadorov's price for resigning was lower immediately after the trade than after the season was over which begs the question, how often do player's asking prices go down over time and why do some teams delude themselves into believing it will.

It is like betting against their own team's success.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
So Bs got Dollar Store Bergeron and Dollar Store Chara.
It's hard replacing such talent. I wonder what dollar store players will replace Matthews and Nylander some day?

Still, the team got better than it was last year. Filled a void at center and added some toughness on the blue line. Toughness was another void in the playoffs. Hopefully Zads will make life miserable for some Florida and Toronto fowards next season.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Brzustewicz
1st rd pick
3rd rd pick
4th rd pick
5th rd pick
After including the Mikheyev trade, they also lost a 2nd rounder and Lafferty. The only remaining piece from any of these deals is the salary that they had to eat for Mikheyev. Somewhat poor asset management.

we also gave up Beauvillier..

this is how rentals work, and teams that are in Vancouvers position at the time (we were still first in the NHL) , among other teams,w ill make moves like this to bolster there lineup for a cup run, (fail or not) Edmonton was ready to part a 1st round pick even if it was for a UFA like Hanifan or Tanev. Vancouver did the same. We were in that position. Quite frankly I respect Alvin for making such a tough call. We were very close to beating edmonton if not for us having to play a 4th string goalie. For all his cool moves, we also gived Alvin for the bad ones, like signing Mikeyev, trading a extra 2nd for Reiley Stillman etc.

if Calgary was a serious team at this point, Kuzemenko wouldn't even be on the top 6. They just inflating his stats to be flipped for draft pick by next May. We already know their moves.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I really liked lindholm. wish we signed him. would have been our top 3 forwared have we advanced past Edmonton. He was kinda like our Barkov.

I'm looking back at the rumours if flames fans can correct me, it be great.

he turns down 9x8? 72 million....
signs for 7.7 x 7 53.9 million....

I respect that he's on a Boston Bruins... but the original offer is 18.1 million dollars more....

.... he's lived a f in dream of a NHL player.... his career earnings per puckpedia is

but man.... I know its hindsight, and he probably banked on himself but man..... come to think of it, I would have taken the 9x8. Thats like a lost of 18 million.

anyways good signing Boston. Well done. I think he was the best forward available in this UFA pool.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Lindholm and Zadorov are both unicorns for different reasons.
The Canucks gave 7 pieces to acquire them from Calgary and they played around 60 games total for the team including the playoffs.
They were the top playoff performers on a team that had a decent playoff run.
After the playoffs both Lindholm and Zadorov were effusive, during their exit interviews reagarding their desires to resign with the Canucks
Only the "Intelligentsia" of the Canucks can explain why they refused to offer the term requested by the players.
The Canucks instead signed a plethora of lesser players whose salaries pretty much match what the Bruins are paying Lindholm and Zadorov.
Two things for sure are Brad Marchand will be even braver next year with Zadorov on the team and when Tocchet searcher the bench for someone to take a draw on the right side late in the game, Lindholm won't be there.
Overall, their loss is the Bruins gain.
The hope in Vancouver is that it doesn't turn into a Cam Neely-like situation.
Lol you are a funny little guy.

At this point it's clearly an act..... right?

Feb 19, 2018
Brzustewicz
1st rd pick
3rd rd pick
4th rd pick
5th rd pick
It works out the Canucks gave up all those assets for $18,250,00 in Cap space by trading Kuzmenko and not resigning Zadorov and Lindholm. If you include Mikheyev it’s $23 million total Vancouver saved.

There are many ways you can view it, depends on perspective.

Bond

May 10, 2012
I'm looking back at the rumours if flames fans can correct me, it be great.

he turns down 9x8? 72 million....
signs for 7.7 x 7 53.9 million....
His ask from the Flames was 9+, Friedman floated that 9 would probably get it done, Flames offered the same AAV as Scheifele in the offseason and then pulled the offer after their poor start. So it was either 8.5 x 7 or 8.5 x 8.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad