Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] F Elias Lindholm signs with the Bruins (7 years, $7.75M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
I would have been happy with ROR on that deal and everyone thought it was a bad deal. I don’t think it was or will be. I also don’t think a $7m x 7 is going to play out poorly. Front load the pay in case you need to trade him later, and with the cap going up a lot for the next two or three years as well as this year, it will be the price of a third line center in a couple years. It’s harder to get center depth than wingers and we only have 3 top 6 forwards without Lindholm. If you can move Mikheyev and Garland you have plenty to sign a big name free agent. I get no one wants to move garland, but a smallish third liner making $5m in the wing (play driver or not) isn’t what is going to take this team to the promise land. We need consistency in scoring that doesn’t involve a PDO that is historically good.

Feel free to go to the Lindholm thread on the Vancouver Board. Your take isn’t aligned with the reality and seems like a petty shot with no merit. Trolls will troll I guess.
You said that 7x7 would be fine in the Lindholm thread, is the extra 750k really that much of a dealbreaker? You also have a post in May saying that Zadorov at 5 mil would make sense, despite saying today in the Zadorov signing thread that 5 mil “seems like a lot for a number 5 defenseman.” You are literally exemplifying exactly what my post was about lol.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
The contract is just kinda what it is, he was always going to command 7x7+.

I think Lindholm is still one of the best 2way C's in the league & he definitely has more offense in him than he showed the past season. He's more high-end complementary than play driver but he does alot of things very well. I'd bet playing with Boston's top players you'll see a better bottom line from him.

never heard you mention it

the speculation around here is he's looking at his role on the Canucks & wondering if there's a better spot for him elsewhere.

That screams Boston, and how couldn't it when he's an obvious fit to play with Pasta.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I never thought Lindy would get more than this contract. When in Calgary it was reported that he was asking for much more ~8.5 or so.

Good signing. He's a good player and should be well worth the money.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

lawrence

May 19, 2012
turned down 9mill x 8. 7.7. Boston is too lucky to gets this guy. My gosh, so jealous. Its too bad no matter what would have offered him, he was set on UFA. Maybe their family wants a more private life they wouldn't have gotten in Canada. Good luck Lindholm.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I can't get over how terrible this deal is. It's even worse than I thought. My god.

At this stage in his career, and what Lindholm can bring, he is ideally a contender's 3C. This is a catastrophic contract to hand out to that type of player.

I mean a 40 goal selke candidate...

He's going to thrive on Boston
Is it still 2018-19? Damn, it's been a long year.

• Haha
Reactions: rick6668

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I can't get over how terrible this deal is. It's even worse than I thought. My god.

At this stage in his career, and what Lindholm can bring, he is ideally a contender's 3C. This is a catastrophic contract to hand out to that type of player.

I disagree

Less than the Flames offered him

He was the 3rd/4th best Canuck in the playoffs. He and Zad.

Canucks screwed up

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I disagree

Less than the Flames offered him

He was the 3rd/4th best Canuck in the playoffs. He and Zad.

Canucks screwed up
Nope. I am very pleased Allvin steered away from this landmine.

Lindholm and Zadorov had like 15 good games between them from the playoff run. It doesn't justify such crazy contracts. That's just the truth. It's where huge mistakes are made every offseason. Tons of of other historical contracts that were huge overpayments made because of one playoff run, and they usually end badly.

Lindholm is a passenger. His production is almost entirely reliant on his linemates and how they are performing. And at this point in his career, he is ideally a contender's 3C, for moderate production and faceoff utility. Paying that calibre of player $8M is ludicrous.

Reactions: nucks88

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
You said that 7x7 would be fine in the Lindholm thread, is the extra 750k really that much of a dealbreaker? You also have a post in May saying that Zadorov at 5 mil would make sense, despite saying today in the Zadorov signing thread that 5 mil “seems like a lot for a number 5 defenseman.” You are literally exemplifying exactly what my post was about lol.
Ahaha Oceanchild is sinking (pun intended).

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
it’s always tough to find consistency after being traded midseason. Lindholm did play well in the playoffs to turn things around. Boston was a little desperate for some real talent down the middle. I think this is a good move for both parties.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Nope. I am very pleased Allvin steered away from this landmine.

Lindholm and Zadorov had like 15 good games between them from the playoff run. It doesn't justify such crazy contracts. That's just the truth. It's where huge mistakes are made every offseason. Tons of of other historical contracts that were huge overpayments made because of one playoff run, and they usually end badly.

Lindholm is a passenger. His production is almost entirely reliant on his linemates and how they are performing. And at this point in his career, he is ideally a contender's 3C, for moderate production and faceoff utility. Paying that calibre of player $8M is ludicrous.
8 million is chump change these days.
This guy is a great sign and a great fit i for Bruins.
And he is proven not to disappear in the at play off time. Like some of the over paid 11 million dollar forwards we know of.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Lindholm mentioned Marchand reached out to him in an effort to recruit him. Also Hampus Lindholm texted him.

He is not Patrice Bergeron, no one is, but his style is similar. 2 way, and on the PP he can play the bumper role. He scores a lot of his goals from his off side hashmarks, one timers, or a bump back where Bergeron excelled at.

He should have a bounceback season playing with Pasta or Marchand. Really interested to see how he does in Boston. Not flashy, but effective especially if he has the wingers to make plays where he can finish. Smart player.

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Did Boston have a choice? Not really. They had to upgrade at C and everyone knew Lindholm was the main target. Like Zadorov, not a cheap deal and probably a slight overpayment on term/money, but one that was necessary for a team that needs to do better in the postseason.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
seems like a perfect match Lindholm can most certainly fit within the Bruins systems and philosophy of the playing the game

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
People have to realize with a team like Boston, this is more like a 3 year deal to fit into their window. They’ll deal with the anchor when it happens but for now there’s nothing wrong with the AAV.

The ONLY concern is, he’s not a high pace player BUT he did fit in well with the Canucks playing the role he was. He’s is gonna be asked to do a lot more now, but they had to do something up the middle like this, to have any chance at competing for a Cup.

They’ll deal with the fallout later. Right now, they added a Top 6 C and that’s what counts.

Reactions: Dellstrom

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Did Boston have a choice? Not really. They had to upgrade at C and everyone knew Lindholm was the main target. Like Zadorov, not a cheap deal and probably a slight overpayment on term/money, but one that was necessary for a team that needs to do better in the postseason.
Exactly. Remember, every year the salaries go up and appear to be an overpayment. Getting both guys the seems to have wanted to be here for a while is a good investment. Especially since both have moved around a lot over the last 3-4 years.
The salaries if they stay healthy should appear correct after we see what they bring. The B's have miss an A hole in front of the net since the "REAL" Big Z left, and Lindholm is the closest thing to Bergeron left, in the league(Barkov is more = Kopitar)

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
BOS was always the expected target.

Good signing and perfectly fits their lineup. Term might be a few years (2) too long, but possibly to reduce the AAV which is about right.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Lindholm is a poor man's Bergeron. Pasta will make Lindholm look better than he really is. It's a good (but not great) contract for the first 3-4 years, after that I think this contract looks really bad. Potentially being bought out by year 5.

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont

It's been 13 years now bud. Time to move on eh?

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
8 million is chump change these days.
This guy is a great sign and a great fit i for Bruins.
And he is proven not to disappear in the at play off time. Like some of the over paid 11 million dollar forwards we know of.
Bruins fans will be disappointed in him pretty fast. Tried to warn you.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Lindholm is a great player but there is a chance he is outplayed by Zacha at this stage in their careers.
I would stick to drafting Marchand/Pastrnak if you were thinking about your fantasy team, and pay close attention during training camp to project which of those guys ends up on PP1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad