Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] F Elias Lindholm signs with the Bruins (7 years, $7.75M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I can see why Lindholm rejected the extension with Vancouver. He wants to be the teams #1C and wants to be relied on offensively to produce.

In Vancouver he would be in the shadows of Pettersson, Miller and Boeser. And would be used primarily as a special teams beast.

Reactions: WildWolfdog

Burnaby Schmo

Jan 23, 2021
Probably the only Canucks fan coming in here thinking this signing will age well for BOS. I think Lindholm was hurt last year, because someone doesn't just turn on a switch like EL did in the playoffs after him taking the break he did. I think the term is a bit long, but I think the first few years are actually cheap for what I saw in the post-season.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Boston needed a 1-2 Center, it was very glaring in the playoffs. Allows Coyle and Zacha to slot in to more accurately to where they belong. I would not be surprised if Boston is not done yet, sends a positive message to the rest of the group they want to win sooner than later.

The Zadorov signing like better. He will fit in nicely, D was already hard to play against.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Lindholm already was there. Wasn't he scratched at times lol

No. He missed some time in Van with an injury but always had big minutes when in the lineup.

Lindholm had a good playoffs but even that player I thought didn’t drive play enough to justify this deal for Van. But he also never really got a long look with Miller or Pettersson, and Pettersson was already in his funk when they were together. I imagine if he plays next to Pasta he’ll live up to this.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Looking forward to seeing what happens to that Lindholm contract in 3 years. Marchand ain't getting any younger either, who is Boston going to replace him with? Lindholm and Pasta can't be your only two scoring threats.
How dumb is this post?

I mean really, three years from now your worried about who he plays with because Marchy is getting 'any younger'

That's like saying two years ago who's Marchand going to play with when Bergeron retires.

Crap, I guess no one. The team will stagnate. No changes to the roster. No drafting. No trades. No UFA signings...

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Zadorov you guys will love, the guy plays a mean game and isn’t afraid to get greasy with anyone.

Lindholm was somewhat unimpressive in Vancouver as he was either playing well or playing very poorly, I think Boston’s system is better suited for how he plays. He was never really a good fit for Vancouver and I believe that’s why he seemed off more often than not.

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
2 great signings for Boston today and Nucks fans being predictable and salty.
Not really true.

I like the Zad signing for Boston and I was hopeful they could have found a way to keep him in Vancouver. He is going to be a solid addition to their backend and brings a ton of character and obvious grit.

I wanted no part of the Lindholm contract and mentioned as much. There was some divide on the Canucks board, but most posters saw him for what he is.

He had a good playoffs and I wish him the best, but he is on an obvious downward trend and is going to be turning 30 this season. He didn't exactly hit the ground running in Vancouver which stirred up speculation (unfairly from my perspective) that he would be flipped at the deadline for a better fit. He was also behind Pettersson and Miller on the depth chart. He does bring a solid two-way game and was a good addition to the penalty kill, but I worry about his offensive contributions moving forward.

He seems like a good guy and I wish him success in his new role. I suppose this is just the risk in the UFA market and there were certainly worse contracts handed out today.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Maybe Pasta can carry this guy like Gaudreau and Tkachuk did in Calgary, but this guy isn't a #1 C. This is basically the Horcoff deal that the Oilers signed after their 06 cup run. A #2C who has an ok 2-way game, playing well over his head on #1C money.

I don't like the signing, but 1C money is like $11m a year.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
No its not. That's superstar money.

Dylan Larkin, 1C, signed a contract of $8.7m on Mar 1 2023, a cap % of 10.55.
PLD - 10.18%
Roope Hintz - 10.25%
Bo Horvat - 10.30%
Barzal - 11.09%
Brayden Point - 11.66%
Sebastian Aho - 11.68%

Auston Matthews - 15.87%
Nathan Mckinnon - 15.27%

Nazem Kadri- 8.48%
Dylan Cozens - 8.61%
Brayden Schenn- 7.98%

Elias Lindhom signs for $7.75m, a cap % of 8.81- It's currently the 32nd highest cap hit for a center, by definition not #1 center money. It's right where it should be. I just don't think they should have ignored his very poor season.

$11m is 12.5% of the cap, and right around where you can expect number 1 centers who aren't superstars to land when their contracts are up.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Dylan Larkin, 1C, signed a contract of $8.7m on Mar 1 2023, a cap % of 10.55.
PLD - 10.18%
Roope Hintz - 10.25%
Bo Horvat - 10.30%
Barzal - 11.09%
Brayden Point - 11.66%
Sebastian Aho - 11.68%

Auston Matthews - 15.87%
Nathan Mckinnon - 15.27%

Nazem Kadri- 8.48%
Dylan Cozens - 8.61%
Brayden Schenn- 7.98%

Elias Lindhom signs for $7.75m, a cap % of 8.81- It's currently the 32nd highest cap hit for a center, by definition not #1 center money. It's right where it should be. I just don't think they should have ignored his very poor season.

$11m is 12.5% of the cap, and right around where you can expect number 1 centers who aren't superstars to land when their contracts are up.
There's currently 5 centres who make 11M. I know rising cap and all makes this a dynamic concept, but as of today Lindholm is being paid low end #1 centre money, but he's a mid to upper tier #2C. The problem is a lot of the contracts ahead of him are for players who are young and likely to maintain or improve on their current play. Lindholm is likely to get worse throughout this contract. He's already not an amazing skater and will be 30 for the majority of this season.

This isn't a bad signing per say, but this is not the #1C answer that Boston needs.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Still overrated. But maybe Pasta can squeeze the kind of hockey out of him that got him overrated in the first place.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
There's currently 5 centres who make 11M. I know rising cap and all makes this a dynamic concept, but as of today Lindholm is being paid low end #1 centre money, but he's a mid to upper tier #2C. The problem is a lot of the contracts ahead of him are for players who are young and likely to maintain or improve on their current play. Lindholm is likely to get worse throughout this contract. He's already not an amazing skater and will be 30 for the majority of this season.

This isn't a bad signing per say, but this is not the #1C answer that Boston needs.

why did you ignore everything else that I posted? lol

At the very least you can acknowledge that the 32nd highest cap hit in actual dollars is not "#1 center money!" By cap hit percentage number its 35th in the league for centers and 94th overall. The vast majority of those contracts were signed with a stagnant cap during covid that rose 6.7% this year and is projected to rise another 5-7% next year.

I agree that he's not the 1C answer to the bruins problems but you can only get that by getting a top 5 pick in the draft or have a team f*** with a player's medicals so they insist on leaving. The last #1 center to sign in UFA was John Tavares, 6 years ago (13.8% of the cap, btw). Before that? I don't even know. So you take what you can get in UFA, and this is a reasonable deal for a player of this caliber. I don't particularly care for this player and I imagine this deal is bought out in 2029 or so, but we don't have to mischaracterize it to make that point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad