GDT: Bolts at Canes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Also sucks that the games around the league aren't in our favor tonight. There's something inherently unfair to facing Tampa on the same night Columbus faces the Oilers. :laugh:

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I expected a loss. if we played hard and our style for 60 and lost I'd be unhappy still but not as livid... They took a breath for the entire third... That's what I;m livid about not that Tampa won though that hurts too :) McE has dropped down a bit recently but the real problem is we got outworked.. and when we did work the refs Put on blinders... This also doesn't help my anger level. Losing to Tampa isn't shameful this year but the way the third went down was...

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I expected a loss. if we played hard and our style for 60 and lost I'd be unhappy still but not as livid... They took a breath for the entire third... That's what I;m livid about not that Tampa won though that hurts too :) McE has dropped down a bit recently but the real problem is we got outworked.. and when we did work the refs Put on blinders... This also doesn't help my anger level. Losing to Tampa isn't shameful this year but the way the third went down was...

Yeah that's the long and short of it. We all expected a loss. It's when you lead 3-2 for 40 against the best team in the league, and flat out deflate in the 3rd, when we all know this season's Canes have the gears needed to close . We've seen it countless times. That just doesn't sit well. I know they'll bounce back. No question.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Let me see if I can validate my frustration like this: yes, Tampa Bay is really good, and there is no shame in losing to them. But if we had a 3-2 lead going to the third against *any playoff team in the NHL*, we'd have lost tonight, the way we played the third period. In other words, we didn't lose because the Lightning are good. We lost because we were bad. If you don't see the difference, I don't know what to tell you. But I'm quite confident Justin Williams is on my side of this one.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Let me see if I can validate my frustration like this: yes, Tampa Bay is really good, and there is no shame in losing to them. But if we had a 3-2 lead going to the third against *any playoff team in the NHL*, we'd have lost tonight, the way we played the third period. In other words, we didn't lose because the Lightning are good. We lost because we were bad. If you don't see the difference, I don't know what to tell you. But I'm quite confident Justin Williams is on my side of this one.
I'm pretty sure we're all frustrated. And I don't see anyone saying they deserved to win, that it's good they played like that, etc. These games happen. These periods happen. It's all about the response, and we've put ourselves in a position where we're still able to have a good response that matters. We can get skull ****ed 8-1 and respond. We can have a bad third period and respond.

Reactions: zman77 and Tryamw

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
These games happen. These periods happen. It's all about the response, and we've put ourselves in a position where we're still able to have a good response that matters.

That's not true. That's like saying you like banging your head against the wall because it feels good when you stop.

Responding positively is great, but what it's *really* about is not pi$$ing away games you have a chance to win. Tonight, it's about the response. But in the playoffs, you've got to win when you get the chance or you don't get to respond. You go home.

Responding is great, but stopping the bleeding before the patient dies is even better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad