Confirmed with Link: Bolland To Leafs For Picks (51st, 117th picks this year and 4th in 2014)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Leafs bought out Grabovski so Bolland's role takes a leap

(until tomorrow when they overpay for Weiss)

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Leafs bought out Grabovski so Bolland's role takes a leap

(until tomorrow when they overpay for Weiss)

what a ****ing stupid thing for nonis to do :facepalm: the leafs fans should be really pissed about this.

if they turn around and give bozak a big long term contract i will laugh so hard - and laugh each year when they miss the playoffs.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I just don't get why you give up three picks for year of Bolland and then cut a far superior player to net save $2M on the cap.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I just don't get why you give up three picks for year of Bolland and then cut a far superior player to net save $2M on the cap.

They have misplaced faith in Carlyle and allowed him to run Grabo out of town.

Grabovski is a quality top 2 centre and should have been played in that position.

If the Leafs turn around and re-sign Bozak so he can occupy a top 6 role then they deserve every piece of misery that will inevitably follow.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
I wouldn't mind seeing a commitment to Grabo if they fix that g.i. issue (or whatever he had) he was dealing with. There might be value there.

I'll always question the judgement of a coach that thinks sweaty heads cause concussions. Grabowski may be a worthwhile investment yet, I wonder how Stan's people have changed their view on Grabo since his extension.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
4th round picks represent a lottery chance that you might get a good player.

Current Hawks (and some recent past ones) who have been picked at round 4 and thereafter include Shaw(5), Kruger(5), Smith(6), Hjammer(4), Brouwer(7), and Byfuglein(8).

That's a lot of talent that you consider "of no real value".

I did a research for a german site and found out, that the difference and chances between a 4th and 6th/7th rounder are slim

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Grabovski was grossly overrated. The last thing this team needs is the players that fostered the longest no-playoff string in the post cap NHL.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Grabovski handled the toughest mins and opponents for the Leafs. He was a 50pt player without Carlyle around. He has 1 bad season and now he is all of the sudden crap.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Grabovski is pissed

@jonasTSN1050: Just got off the phone with Grabovski: "Of course I feel [expletive] sad, I played [expletive] five years here."

A taste of Grabovski on Carlyle: "Don’t put me on a [expletive] third line and then [expletive] play [me] six minutes in a game

Unloaded on Caryle who he called a stupid coach

Found out about buyout today ,, Day before his wedding so I can understand venting

Last edited:

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Grabovski handled the toughest mins and opponents for the Leafs. He was a 50pt player without Carlyle around. He has 1 bad season and now he is all of the sudden crap.

Yes. Living in the GTA, I can't help but see him play quite a bit. He has immense talent, just needs to be utilized properly.. and allowed to play using his best asset, creativity on offense. Unfortunately Q is old school, same as Carlyle, if he came here, he'd likely run into something similar as he did in TO. He'd end up being stifled like Q did to Stalberg.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yes. Living in the GTA, I can't help but see him play quite a bit. He has immense talent, just needs to be utilized properly.. and allowed to play using his best asset, creativity on offense. Unfortunately Q is old school, same as Carlyle, if he came here, he'd likely run into something similar as he did in TO. He'd end up being stifled like Q did to Stalberg.

Stalberg has no talent ,, Q did nothing to stifle him

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Put him on a line with Hossa and Sharp and Q would love him. He is a good defensive player, but we already have Shaw for #3C. I think he will cost what Bolland did..just under 3.5. For that reason I think Bowman, is out.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Put him on a line with Hossa and Sharp and Q would love him. He is a good defensive player, but we already have Shaw for #3C. I think he will cost what Bolland did..just under 3.5. For that reason I think Bowman, is out.

He can play 2nd line center better than anyone we have. He also has more talent in his baby finger than Shaw. I like Shaw, play him as the 3rd line center and dump Kruger to make room for Denault, who will be taking his spot eventually anyway. It would also allow the option to trade away Pirri, if Q doesn't like him.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Stalberg was not misused by Q, he got all the chances and when it matters most, Stalberg failed most.

Carlyle is a bad coach, I'm happy we have Q.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Stalberg was not misused by Q, he got all the chances and when it matters most, Stalberg failed most.

Carlyle is a bad coach, I'm happy we have Q.

stalberg will do far better on a team other than the hawks and Q did not use him properly.

you are correct carlyle is a bad coach. he has developed laughable credibility re defense for coaching a team to the cup where the defensive skill had 0 to do w/ carlyle.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Grabovski was grossly overrated. The last thing this team needs is the players that fostered the longest no-playoff string in the post cap NHL.

lol not even close. grabo ought to be top 6. instead, they're trapped w/ an idiot coach who loves using scrubs and a gm, who miraculously, is starting to look even worse than burke.

committedindian86

Bedard SZN
Jun 7, 2010
Chicago, IL
stalberg will do far better on a team other than the hawks and Q did not use him properly.

you are correct carlyle is a bad coach. he has developed laughable credibility re defense for coaching a team to the cup where the defensive skill had 0 to do w/ carlyle.

Stalberg is a great skater, can't finish though. He will produce because of his speed but I'm not upset he's leaving.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008

Stalberg has no talent ,, Q did nothing to stifle him

Funny how comparable their stats actually are based on time played, and Grabo has even worse playoff stats. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad