Bold predictions for the Maple Leafs in 2016-2017

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
I dont know if anybody has made a post like this already but I didnt see one.

Anyways, with training camp opening up and everyone seeming excited for this upcoming season, I wanted to play a game. Choose a random, but bold prediction that you think could actually happen this season. It could be about the team or any individual player.

To get things started, here is my bold prediction for 2016-2017:

Opposed to Matthews, Marner, or Nylander, it will actually be Nikita Zaitsev who wins the Calder Trophy for Rookie of the Year.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
My Predictions

1: someone gets traded that we didn't expect.
2: We finish lower than the majority of people considered
3: No one on the Leafs will get nominated for the Calder. (or win if they are).

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Leafs make the play offs. Matthews win the Calder. Lupal plays 20 games.

Carleton will play 20 games before Lupul does.

A) Leafs make another training camp deal - this time to shed salary.
B) A youngster outside of Nylander, Marner, Matthews, Soshnikov, Brown, Leivo or Hyman will break camp with the Leafs.

ForSpareParts*

The 2006-2007 Philadelphia Flyers ended the season 29th in the league with 56 points. The next season they finished the regular season with 96 points and made it all the way to the Eastern finals.

This season the Leafs will make just as big a jump and finish with 94 points which will be enough to secure them a wildcard spot. They will lose in the first round of the playoffs in 6 games.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
My bold predictions are:

1) Make playoffs in 5th or 6th spot
2) Soshnikov is a bust and gets sent to AHL
3) Carrick 2nd best defensemen behind Reilly
4) Prust makes team and plays most of the year
5) Michelek is really good

WilliamInLondon

Mar 24, 2016
1) Leafs have the most points out of any Canadian team (including the Habs) by the trade deadline but just miss the playoffs

2) Nylander will finish with more points than Matthews and be nominated for the Calder Trophy

3) Timashov will make the AHL all-star team and lead the Marlies in PPG but not be the scoring leader as he will be called up late in the season.

4) JVR will finish the season with 30-35 goals but will be dealt at the trade deadline for a king's ransom

5) Korostelev will be signed after a breakout year and be viewed as the top Leafs prospect who yet to play in the NHL.

Hotel Mario

Feb 4, 2013
Thunder Bay
- Nazem Kadri is the #1C by the end of the year
- William Nylander is traded for a defender
- Lou is caught bending the rules with regard to the Lupul situation. As consequence the Leafs lose their 2017 1st round draft pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad