HF Habs: Bobby Mac Final 2024 Draft Ranking List - Tuesday 2024-06-25 - TSN5 - 11:00am EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I would be surprised they have any interest in Silayev personally. I agree with Skip could be just a trap to make other teams think we are super interested. Or maybe we are super interested I mean what do i know ...

Ultimately none of us know anything lol

• Haha
Reactions: LaP

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
But wait… if Demidov is available at 5, that means 4 teams passed on him so there must be something wrong…

/end sarcasm

What a stupid argument that was against Michkov.

Anyway… I am hoping he(Demidov) slips to #5.
The argument about Michkov is valid. If he was what his fans repute him to be he would have gone 2nd because he would be the 2nd best forward and that good that teams wouldn't pass on him. At worst he would have gone 4th.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
If we come out of two tank years with Silayev and Reinbacher, I’m going f***ing postal.
Coming out of the tanking years with

6ft3 Juraj Slafkosvky - Franchise Winger
6ft3 David Reinbacher - Franchise RD
6ft7 Anton Silayev - Franchise LD

I would say that's pretty crazy good. When I say Franchise, I mean potential to be the best on our team at their respective position with all 3 having unicorn potential.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
If we come out of two tank years with Silayev and Reinbacher, I’m going f***ing postal.

Silayev and Reinbacher could lead an elite defensive squad for more than a decade.

I also appreciate offensive wowness but there is better opportunity to go postal than this imo.

I would be surprised they have any interest in Silayev personally. I agree with Skip could be just a trap to make other teams think we are super interested. Or maybe we are super interested I mean what do i know ...

Silayev won't be there at 5 but if he is, it likely means Demidov and Lindstrom are not there.

He should absolutely be in consideration and it is imperative our front office meet him

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Silayev and Reinbacher could lead an elite defensive squad for more than a decade.

I also appreciate offensive wowness but there is better opportunity to go postal than this imo.

Silayev won't be there at 5 but if he is, it likely means Demidov and Lindstrom are not there.

He should absolutely be in consideration and it is imperative our front office meet him

Spoken like a wounded Habs fan that has accepted 40 years of woefully awful offensive players.

We need to stop forgiving them for drafting players with limited offensive potential.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
I found another cool thing online... Stem cell therapy injection, right into the disc herniation, which could lead to future minimally invasive approaches to disc regeneration. I don't know how many years away it is. A stem cell is a cell that can evolve into other types of cells: skin, heart, bone, and so on, with the right environment
I can remember sitting in a molecular biology class, at Concordia, when Genentech first reported the use of recombination DNA to express human insulin in bacteria. A classmate asked the professor, do you think we'll be able to clone animals soon? He said, not in my life time. Two years later, in 1984, scientists in Cambridge, UK, cloned the first sheep (not dolly) So to answer your question, maybe sooner than people think.

• Love
Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Keller is fast, though. Catton shredded juniors but we’ll see how his game translates. Some scouts think he’ll be great at higher levels, some expect Corey Locke level blocks.
Anyone who thinks Catton has anything in common with Corey Locke isn't an opinion worth valuing.

Silayev is one of the worst cases for me. While I’m sure he’ll end up a player, it’s very rare that hulking defensive defenseman that gets drafted that early actually hits their full potential.
If we pick him i will be very disappointed.

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Spoken like a wounded Habs fan that has accepted 40 years of woefully awful offensive players.

We need to stop forgiving them for drafting players with limited offensive potential.

How has the Florida Panthers acquired Reinhart, Tkachuk, Verhaeghe, Bennett and Rodrigues ?

Respectively their 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th and 6th best scorer at Forward.

I do agree with you tho that we need and want offensive superstar.

The 5th OV may or may not be the solution to this problem.

But in my opinion, we should approach the selection with the mentality of selecting the player with the most upside(BPA.). It may not be a Forward. Narrowing the field to forward only at 5OV may lead us to a massive blunder. Drafting a top pair dman with that pick will also open other possibility to acquire that offensive talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad