Confirmed with Link: Bobby Brink Signs Two Year Contract - $1.5M AAV

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
He showed flashes last year, now it's important to find consistency and also learn how to play through adversity an contribute in different ways. It's easy to criticize Torts but at the end of the day we are talking an undersized, inexperienced kid who is about to enter his 3rd pro season.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
He showed flashes last year, now it's important to find consistency and also learn how to play through adversity an contribute in different ways. It's easy to criticize Torts but at the end of the day we are talking an undersized, inexperienced kid who is about to enter his 3rd pro season.
It is easy to criticize Torts here because of the way that he wants the game to be played takes away the creativity of players such as Frost, Brink and others. He demands play to go up and down the rink and not across; never circle the ice in order to find space to go ahead (Lycksell), etc. That kills half of the games that these types of players have. If he pulls that with Mitchkov, MM might as well return to Russia. Time to check the calendar; it isn't 1990 any more.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
At the end of last season, I said I was going to do a write up of Brink and Foester -- I never got around to Brink, so I figured I would do it now. I also want to add that I'm a big Brink supporter, I think he could be a 60-70 point player under the right conditions.

Thru the first quarter of the season, Brink was on pace for ~50ish points, and was putting up very decent underlying numbers. He played very well with Farabee and Cates in most of those games. However, he started to bounce around the lineup, loosing Tort's trust in the process. For the first 30 games he was averaging around 14-15min per game, but then dropped to around 12 for the next 15ish, then subsequently sent to the AHL (put up 13points in 13 games played). But even through the first half of the season, Brink was still pacing for ~40 points, and putting up very good tracking numbers.

When he made his way back up to the big club, he was a noticeably different player than the beginning of the year. His overall underlying metrics took a nose dive, as did his production numbers. Ultimately he finished up with a projected 33 points over 82 games. There are some valid excuses to his degradation in play including returning from injury, 'tough love' from the coach, and first time playing this long of a season.... But even if I want to attribute some his late-season poor performances to the issues listed above, I still believe that Brink is responsible for his on-ice performances. He needs to be better when his number is called.

However, the one thing that stands out with Brink is his offensive ability with puck on stick. Below are his tracking numbers from the 23-24 season. The darker the blue, the higher percentile you are in that particular category. As you can see, he was very good in chance creation across the board.

1720550241078.png

Ad

Ad

Ad